Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Mar 29, 2024 6:14 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: The grid thingy

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
dracon

Member #143

Feb 1, 2005 10:33
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hey I am back from the dead, I am finally back, and hopefully I will stay, unless I get grounded or something. Okay now back on track, how the heck do I set the grid thing and what would be the best for a Hydra, someone help my, and Minty, if you would, please set it for me.....you know like the moveset that I could have that kicks butt...I am so lost on the grid....T_T

"When Life Gives You Lemons, Make Lemonade"
   (Mine)"When Life Gives You Water, Have Fun"
MintMan

Member #1

Feb 1, 2005 12:48
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Wow, you really have been gone forever-like.

Well, the first bit of good news is that you did not spend all of your tech-points yet. Very good. Use that on Multistrike. Spells are always the best to learn.

Well, your level ones slots do not have a lot of options since you only have three level one techs -- just enough to fill it up. Since you have no choice but to put Torrent under Power, options are limited. It really does not matter where you put the other two; EL1s will be used rarely at your level.

Energy Level 2 -- these are your most important techs. Why? Because no matter what you do in battle, you will always be able to use at least one of your EL2 techniques. You will have to save-up energy in order to use spells, which may take some time by using weaker SL1 techs in order to charge-up.

Bite for Power, Spout for Magic, and truthfully, anything else would work well for your Special bar.
  Suffocate should be used against strong physical attackers, like Tatz and Monoceros since it reduces Strength. Mist and Coil both cause damage plus have an effect that is good against any sort of opponent; can't go wrong there.

Multistrike will have to go under Power, but your other two spells are interchangeable for Magic and Special. Now, since your Hydra has Embarrassed thirteen Virtue? It is not that good at healing... when it uses Regrow, not as much life will be regained but life nonetheless.

Of course, you also have skills to slot. You will always want to put these in a bar with a spell you do not plan on using that often. Put it either at EL1 or EL3 -- yes, EL3. Bump a spell up to EL4.
  Why? Because if you put a skill at EL1, you cannot save up energy by using it instead of your EL2 technique.

So here is an example grid and strategy for ya to look over. Try 'em out in a tourney; I am certain there is a Serpentine tourney right up Stanley's alley.

PO: Torrent / Bite / Regeneration / Multistrike
  MA: Scent / Spout / Regrow / -
  SP: Scales or Recovery / Suffocate or Coil or Mist / VenomMist / -
  Use Recovery over Scales when facing an opponent that heavily attacks with Magic, like Hrimfaxi. Use Coil or Mist in the same sort of situation. Coil is best suited for non-Bestial monsters with low Defense; use Mist against monsters with Defense but little Virtue.

Start out with VenomMist, Multistrike, and Regrow (heal last instead of first; make sure you have some damage on you to recover from). After that, spit out one of the basic patterns:
  Special EL2 Arrow Spout Arrow Bite Arrow
  Special EL1 Arrow Spout Arrow Bite Arrow
  Venom Mist Arrow Spout Arrow Bite Arrow
  Special EL2 Arrow Spout Arrow Bite ...
  and repeat. That is a good catch-all strategy your Hydra could use.
  Don't worry about not using your spells all that much; since you have lower-energy-level equivalent of Multistrike, it is typically better to use than Bite. In fact, three Bites (which would take six Power) typically end up doing more damage than two Multistrikes (which would also require six Power).
  The big difference, of course, is that the two Multistrikes take less turns to use, but not when you factor in the time spent recharging your spent energy.
dracon

Member #143

Feb 1, 2005 15:26

Okay, I got my grid set, *Notes, how old school he is and wishes that he could still do it the old way* I am still confused about the AI. Maybe I am not thinking hard enough, okay now, I have to set the AI, so is it any diffrent from the old one, or is there some special way that I am supposed to do it?

MintMan

Member #1

Feb 1, 2005 16:27
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well, AI for the new version is sorta like the M4 battles, if you ever used them.

Instead of blowing all of your MP on your spells right at the beginning, you now have no MP whatsoever. You have three energy bars that start full and recharge shortly after a technique slotted to it is used.
  This makes battles * shock * interesting!

All you do is click on the tech you want to use next. They are just buttons; it doesn't get any easier than that. You do not even have to understand what you are doing when you start. It becomes apparent enough.
  The hard part about the new system is setting your grid to a good combination. Your AI should be easy.
dracon

Member #143

Feb 2, 2005 20:22

sounds easy enough ^_^;; I will work it out and kick butt! Hopefully *sigh*

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Mar 29, 2024 6:14 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022