Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 24, 2024 12:19 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: BD Crash Course

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Battalon127

Member #25

Jan 25, 2005 20:02
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I think I need a crash course in BD battling technique. My Lv. 7 Nidhogg egg hasn't won a match in ages. My most noticable loss, a Lv. 2 Bennu egg. Am I doing something completely wrong, or am I just incredibly unlucky? (I'd imagine it's the first one)

Self-esteem is for pussies. ~MintMan
boyachi

Member #92

Jan 25, 2005 21:17
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hey, I'll sign up for one as well. But hey, why not check out people's battle logs to see how they win.

My side is dead, my beliefs have been forgotten, my youth has left me and my innocence was slaughtered infront my eyes. Why should I care when it is only my life on the line?
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Jan 25, 2005 22:06
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Umm, Battalon...

...Bennus have a Banishment attack to begin with. Nidhoggs offer virtually no resistance to banishment. What do you expect? I mean, I've beaten Nidhoggs up to four levels higher than myself just by repeated usage of Equine banishments and attacks. You have Light banishments to face, which are powerful against the Dark 'hogg.

...So I'd still think it's not one or the other of the two of your choices, but a combination of both.

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "We're making the right decisions to bring the solution to an end." -President Dubya

MintMan

Member #1

Jan 25, 2005 23:35
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yeah... fighting a Bennu was stupid. I don't think you stood a chance in that one, unless you had a really good Dark casting, which you don't.

Okay, here is why you suck:
  "Karn uses Hex... against a Tatzelwurm." Mean Look Um... Shatter, anybody? You also have that tech, and being Draconic, it is effective against Beasts... sooooo.... why didn't you slot that into your grid before the match?

I noticed a lot of SL1 usage.... don't do that. You have SL2 techs; only use them. Now, I know since you only have two spells, you have to use an SL1 every once in a while, but try to limit yourself to once every three barring extreme circumstance.
  I mean, you had Whirlpool on, but used it twice? C'mon! SL2's recharge two turns after using them; you could have used it a lot more than some of that other stuff ya did.

Now, here is how I would have gone about fighting a Tatzelwurm:

Power: AnySL1 / HatefulStrike / /
  Arrow A stat-modding SL1 would be best since it would rarely be used. Against physical foe like Tatz, Shell is a good pick (like you did; good on ya). Mist means less on a foe that is heavy with the degen.
  HatefulStrike is a good way to keep Bans from doing damage to you. In the case of unmagical monsters like Tatz, the decrease in Virtue is not going to effect your Castings too much.
  Sense is never a bad choice, either; if you attack and like criticals, raising Strike is for you.

Magic: Shatter / / /
  Arrow That's it. If you are going to use it every three turns and it has to be weak, ya might as well make it good. Castings are your friend with your Arcane. Add low enemy Arcane and the Bestial phenotype to boot and you got yourself a pretty combo.
  Hex would be the choice against something either weak to Dark -- Light-types like a Bennu or Ryu -- or strong against Draconic -- any Equine monster.

Special: AnySL1 / Whirlpool / Envious /
  Arrow Envious would be the best start for any match; that will boost your Castings something mad. After the initial use, it would be a hit to ever use it again (what with spending more energy than its spell level to use it) but it would be worth it; that would bring your foe down to minus-eight Arcane Evil Grin Your 'Hogg would have a field day!
  Primarily, however, Whirlpool would be your biggest arsenal, right after Shatter.

So, you would pretty much spend the entire match cycling:
  Shatter Arrow Whirlpool Arrow HatefulStrike Arrow Shatter...
  Only the beginning would look any different; Envious, Shatter, maybe two Power SL1s to get your Envious charged back to full. You could also just throw in an extra Shatter (which can't hurt you when used on a Beast Wink ) to wait out the extra time to get another Envious in.

And that, Batt, is how you should fight. Next time, I shall help someone else who has problems!

[Editted by MintMan on Jan 25, 2005 23:37]
Ice

Member #46

Jan 25, 2005 23:51
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

This was probably pretty redundant (and ignorable due to the obviously limited ownage of them) but what would you suggest for the Behemoths?

°(o.o)° (c) Ethereal Enterprises, 2004
MintMan

Member #1

Jan 26, 2005 24:28

Smashin' stuff. Ain't that what they good at? * in a complete reveral, uses Mallet on Ice with a stuff *

Seriously, tho', there is no strategy to Behe. Well, there really is not a strategy to any B-monster. I mean, you can't pick your fights; you can't even pick your grid for the individual fights you already can't pick!

The best you can do is go with your strengths. Behe's biggest worries are (of course) Bans -- including the Dark-typed ones of Hrimfaxi which this low-Virtue monster gets no resistance against -- and surprisingly Kamaitachis. Not only will those buggers get non-stop double-actions on the lumbering Behemoth, but it is also elementally effective and more than due to rack up mad criticals.
Sword
Lymfada

Member #214

Jan 26, 2005 9:27
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

To be honest at low lvls the Bennu definately has an advantage over the Nidhogg. However at later lvls I see the Nidhogg being a major problem for a poor little Bennu. In your fight with the Bennu since you are suspectible to bans you need to attack the virtue instead of arcane. By going after the virtue you not only decrease the the healing of a Bennu but also the attack against you remember that high arcane works agains the Bennu when it casts a ban. in your battle you lowered the arcane in the first round. I think that curse whirlpool and hex would have been your best bet, you would be hammering away at the virtue, whirlpool is water and speed reduction, and hex though a casting is also a dark attack. I am very new to game but I would suggest that as you fight a creature look at their elements, then their attacks that will hurt you the most. In my opinion Healing is something that will hurt you greatly, why because it negates an attack (unless crit) that you do. A Bennu with its high virtue has some good heals. Cant help much with other creatures as I,ve only had a poor defenceless Bennu. Hope this helps as I know its easy to be an armchair athlete.

Lym
  What does not kill you makes you stronger
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 24, 2024 12:19 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022