Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Mar 29, 2024 2:35 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: Tourneys

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3 
Ice

Member #46

Jan 30, 2005 21:58
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Bestial, yes. Serpentine, no. Earlier (in this topic, I think) Emma pointed out that the creatures have to be ALL of the restricted types, not just one of. ie I think only Tatzlewurms can join yours.

°(o.o)° (c) Ethereal Enterprises, 2004
draggy1234

Member #97

Jan 30, 2005 22:00
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Eligible participants have to fulfill ALL the requirements of the tourney. That means for that specific one, participants have to be both bestial AND serpentine.

Pretty much, I think you made a tournament for Tatzelwurms only.

* uses CheerUp on LieutenantEagle since he's probably going to be sad upon hearing this *
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Jan 31, 2005 24:08
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

No, he needs no cheering up. Screw pointing out earlier in the post; the frickin' tourney makin' page nows says right on it:

Restrictions - Limits the monsters that may join this tourney. A monster must meet all requirements in order to join.

I have recently added a scripted radio function that prevents the selection of multiple races and classifications (scripted 'cause it needs to be for functional reasons), but restricting things down to multiple elements is still A-OK.... because monsters can have multiple elements; they can't have more than one class.

And LE.... read the FAQ! * uses LandSmite on LieutenantEagle *
Sword
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Jan 31, 2005 24:30
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

.........I will...
  ...never..make...a tournament...again...

* uses Smash with an OhioResident *

Yes, I was a fool. Well, let's look at the brighter side of it - nobody will benefit from my stupidity! Are there even three LV21-26 Tatzelwurms? Not since I heard last.

...I'll just have to regain those three-hundred points I lost from making the accursed tourney. Ah well, c'est la vie.

Thanks for both cheering me up and smashing me. I've learned my lesson - spend tourney points on relics only. At least I can be sure of their valid use.

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "Border relations between Mexico and Canada have never been better." -President Dubya

[Editted by LieutenantEagle on Jan 31, 2005 24:33]
Sword
Ice

Member #46

Jan 31, 2005 24:41
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

...ooor you can do what I did and make certain you know exactly how to make it the way you do by asking before making.

Lymfada

Member #214

Jan 31, 2005 16:08
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Dang why cant anyone just make a no restriction tourney. Before you ask I would myself but I dont have the tourney points and since I cant get into a tourney cant earn em either

Lym
  What does not kill you makes you stronger
draggy1234

Member #97

Jan 31, 2005 16:45
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Perhaps the tournament creators want to make the tournaments with restrictions to increase the chances of themselves winning and therefore winning the prizes at a lower cost of tournament points than normal.

I know that's what I did, at least. Tongue
MintMan

Member #1

Jan 31, 2005 23:53
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Or it could be that restrictions are the only way a tournament can give out elemental and phenotypical relics.

The only reason there has been a lack of tournaments is because I wanted to make the King of Wintertime tournament for January Thirty-first (today), but frickin' college has set me back a ton. Yeah, I have been getting an arse-load of work done, but it is nothing that is even visible!
  I have had the top-scorers of last season and now of this first month, but where are the display for them? No where! I was too busy making the first part.

Looks like Wintertime is going at the end of February instead. Now I just have to worry about rubbing with Valentine's tourneys, so there still ain't going to be anything big Sweat Drop
Ice

Member #46

Feb 1, 2005 3:03

Yay, King of Wintertime was (supposed to be) on my birthday!

Just out of curiosity, why did you pick today for that?

MintMan

Member #1

Feb 1, 2005 10:08

The King of Seasons tourneys are supposed to happen at the end of the middle month of a seasonal (Winter is Dec to Feb; Spring, Mar to May; Summer, Jun to Aug; Autumn, Sep to Nov), thus carrying over to the final month.

Setting on the last day of a month was just a way to make it easy to remember to schedule instead of ten days before the end of the last month or whatever I am going to be doing now.
draggy1234

Member #97

Feb 6, 2005 24:44

Huh. It seems Reanon has trouble canceling the First Shut-Up Prime tournament. I selected the radio button at the tournament and then pressed the cancel button, then I got taken to a blank page (not really blank, still with the sidebar & heading, but nothing in the middle bulk).
MintMan

Member #1

Feb 6, 2005 12:30

Whoa, you were right. B-Monsters were being prevented from exitting tourneys.

It had something to do with trying to subtract a string -- not a number index like most monsters -- when figuring out how many tournaments a mosnter was joined in. If the last tourney is canceled for a monster, then its battle information should be removed.

Fixed now, tho'. * gives draggy1234 a virtual Pie for the notice *
Ice

Member #46

Feb 15, 2005 16:52

I need some help against a Bennu. Ole' Lypmph node has one, and I've got to fight him in my tourney tomorrow, and I've never had to fight a Bennu.

What suggestions would you make in fighting a Bennu vs a Tatz, on the Tatzlewurm's side?

MintMan

Member #1

Feb 15, 2005 17:01

Well... Serpentine would be a good idea. I mean, it is a Bird and all.

Pounce, Breath... something. Poison would not be as good against high Virtue. Frighten is near worthless.

Concentrate on weakening Phoenix's useful stats. Despite the advantage, Pounce is still better than Tail.
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3 
Mar 29, 2024 2:35 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022