Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 19, 2024 14:44 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: Tourneys

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3 
MintMan

Member #1

Jan 13, 2005 22:09
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Check again. That limit is only levels seven to ten, as it was supposed to be.

I think the V-Tourney was deleted three times again and again due to e-mails not being sent out properly, and one of the most recent times, I reinstated it without resetting the level limits to the proper default.

I mean, honestly people. What would make you think that a one-to-twenty tourney would exist? That is just ludacrous...

* volleys the Pomegranate back at Foshi 'cause he was right after all *
Sword
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Jan 15, 2005 15:09
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Ummm... I'm back and asking stupid questions again. I tried to, and succeded in making a tounament. The problem is that it some how got goofed up and says that it's from level 20-20 when it's supposed to be to 26. I don't know what went wrong, but could you please fix it MM? Crying Thank you for putting up with me.
MintMan

Member #1

Jan 17, 2005 19:36
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Changed, but ya ain't getting the e-mail sent out for the level modification. I'm too lazy to do that.

Let that be a lesson for not being around more... and not sending me any pictures.... ever.
draggy1234

Member #97

Jan 17, 2005 22:16
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

For future reference...

If one makes a tournament, but not enough people join and the tournament is cancelled, will the points still be lost for that tournament?

(I'm presuming yes to that question, but I want to make sure)
MintMan

Member #1

Jan 17, 2005 22:59

Yeah, I am supposed to add a full section to the FAQ devoted to creating tournaments. I did forget to mention this, tho', and it really needs to be said.

If you make a tournament that has too stupid of requirements to be filled up on time and it is canceled, you will lose all points used to create it.
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Jan 18, 2005 21:47
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Thank you so much for fixing it. Crying Was that stupid comment really needed though? It's as if I didn't feel stupid enough for having such a stupid accident.

BTW, the pictures aren't going to happen. I'm not that stupid, but hot blonde chick that you think I am. Actually, I'm quite sure than I'm not attractive at all. Sorry to burst your bubble... again.
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Jan 20, 2005 1:17
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Umm, KeroMint, minor problem here.

I joined SSS Tourney, and it signed up Asfaloth without even asking me what familiar I would like to enter. I don't want Asfaloth in this one, I prefer FoxMcBlur...and there are no restrictions so I'm assuming this is a system glitch.

...Or have you changed it that the active familiar is the one that is uatomatically enrolled in the tourney whenever you fill out "Join X Tourney"? In any case, I have canceled the tourney until it works. I'll try again, of course...but this is the second time this has happened, now.

EDIT:
  Just tried again, same thing. I click "Join" and it says "You have successfully signed up" etc. Then I can choose the Grid, Relics, Command and AI...for Asfaloth. Blah.

EDIT 2:
  I just tried switching Fox to active familiar and joining. No effect whatsoever, the bugger still insists on Asfaloth.

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  All your base are belong to us.

[Editted by LieutenantEagle on Jan 20, 2005 1:18]

[Editted by LieutenantEagle on Jan 20, 2005 1:20]
MintMan

Member #1

Jan 20, 2005 11:25

I enlisted Fox for you before it filled up. Wow... that was a blast from the past!

The problem came about due to something that I forgot even existed -- the blank creature variable. There was a time in BD when a few people's monsters were being erased, and I did not know quite what the cause was. So, I think whenever a challenge took place, crash data was stored into a blank creature slot.
  After I put in B-Monsters, apparently, I also put in something that conflicted with the crash variable if one was set. For you, it was. * gives LieutenantEagle a virtual Cookie of Much Deliciousity *

And for those of you on the side-lines, no, I do not have a thing for Triple S. That is just a hylarious joke I do from time to time. Besides, that would be quite illegal.
  ... at least for one more year, and then watch out! Wink

Go Ohio's low age of consent!
Ice

Member #46

Jan 20, 2005 19:49
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Esses lives in Ohio, too?

* plants a virtual OhioResident tree *

On a more serious note, the Behemoth tourney is looking like it'll probably favor those who have all of their battles first in the tourney (ie: myself?) due to practice rating being increased after every round. Any suggestions from Ole' Minty on what can be done to improve your chances in it?

°(o.o)° (c) Ethereal Enterprises, 2004

[Editted by Ice on Jan 21, 2005 23:38]
Sword
Lymfada

Member #214

Jan 26, 2005 9:36
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hey Mint,
   How about a Valentines Tourney. Your right in that there have been some tourneys just none I can join since the first one. Dang restrictions.

Lym
  What does not kill you makes you stronger
MintMan

Member #1

Jan 26, 2005 12:59

Yeah... still a bit away.

Tourneys should not exceed more than a week away; otherwise, more people get kicked out based on level.

And there is always a Valentine tourney (at least, there was before), but not a happy one. It is always called HeartBreak or LoveSucks or TrySuicide or something, and the prize is a HeartOfStone.

Awwww, ain't it lubberly Upside Down Smile

"People are bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling." - Scrubs
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Jan 26, 2005 16:13
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

* picks a virtual OhioResident for future use in bashing people *

...Ah, yes, Valentine's. I remember last year's discussion on these very same forums regarding whether there should be a Cupid's Arrow made that confuses the enemy familiar or something of the sort. Now that confusion has been removed, I guess HeartOfStone is the only thing left. Can't wait to get it and see what it does - probably something Arcane related, since Arcane is, um, dark and...stone-hearted people are..uh, evil?

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe - I believe what I believe is right." -President Dubya

Sword
Dragonlord2235

Member #213

Jan 27, 2005 16:37
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Does Arcane have to be dark-ish? Otherwise the HeartOfStone would, uh, favor Dark creatures? But there would be more than one type of magic, otherwise all of the Light creatures would have no Arcane but lots of Virtue, and the Dark creatures would have no Virtue but lots of Arcane, and the creatures in between would be... uh... I dunno. And then you would have to add a magic stat for Light magic. And then everyone will be confootalized.

But if there's an anti-Valentine relic then there's got to be an anti-anti-Valentine relic... right?

* uses Heal cuz he feels like it *

Please help my Battling Dragon, Zircean! Go to this page to visit my familair's page and give him more experience! Thanks for helping out!
Sword
Ice

Member #46

Jan 27, 2005 20:51
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Sorry to bounce past the Valentine's Day bashing (sorry for actually having a woman that I love...) but I had a question about two relics in the tourneys. When Wyrd's Water and Brok's Smithy are used in a tourney, what happens? I can imagine that Wyrd's Water might still have the same effect, but does it allow you to double also the experience limit? And for the Smithy, does it just copy one relic for the entire tourney, or one relic per battle in the tourney?

* fabricates a FluffyHeart *

Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Jan 27, 2005 22:28

Gizzout! I never uploaded the tourney relic fixes? Well, that makes sense since it took me so frickin' long to even get the tourney FAQ up...

I know smithies have been used in tournaments before, and no, it does not work the same as for a normal match. If it did, no one would ever use smithies in normal fights and save them for tourneys alone since you can Monty-haul like mad!
  Rather, you can only copy up to one relic per match-up with a Brok's smithy used in a tournament. This is good 'cause you can rack up to nine extra relics from a tournament, but bad because unlike a normal web battle, if no one in the tournament is using relics, you lose the smithy.

Of course, no experience-increasing relic can operate the same under tourney conditions. This not only has to do with the recently imposed limit, but also because tourney experience comes a little easier than regular.
  The boni are simply deducted a lot, something to the order of 150% for Wyrd Water, I think.

* sigh * Dragonlord, Dragonlord, Dragonlord... why are you taking LE's words about the Heart of Stone having anything to do with arcane to heart? Of course it doesn't! * uses LandSmite on Dragonlord2235 not so much for not understanding, but for using an RP tech for no good reason * No relic has anything to do with any statistic ever! It would much less be a relic and more a change to the monster itself.

Relics are supposed to include additional and wacky effects to a fight that are unsimulatable under any condition. It, like every relic made to date, is no exception. What it does, I cannot say, for the only people who ever won them never used them. (Evenfall is one, I do believe.) It simply follows the pattern of every other holiday relic -- it is really good Wink

Finally, Arcane and Virtue are not Dark and Light. Lookit Hrimfaxi -- he has got loads of Virtue and Darkness. Much the same, a creature such as Bennu is both Light and well off with Arcane.

Aside from your entire logic making no sense, your generalizations about types and stats are also flawed. Just because a lot of the high Arcane, low Virtue creatures thus far have been Dark means nothing. A good part of the BD Bestiary is dark, but moreover, most of the monsters -- not just dark types -- have high arcane. It is just the way it worked out...

So let that be a lesson to you: somebody make a freakin' monster without arcane!

[Editted by MintMan on Jan 27, 2005 22:29]
Sword
Ice

Member #46

Jan 28, 2005 1:23

Wait, then, that's what I thought they were supposed to do...

Ooooh, so that's what that meant. Maybe.

Okay, let me try to reiterate this again, because I think I'm confused. When used in a normal web battle, the Smithy find EVERY relic the opponent has in their disposal (except other Smithy's) and puts a copy of each one into your inventory?

And then if you use it in a tourney, it just takes a copy of one random relic from each person you battle?

This could make sense how it would work, though it would seem to me to make sense to just find someone with a few holiday relics and some other fun toys, and then just challenge them to get all the goodies with your Smithy.

* throws a FluffyHeart at MintMan *

Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Jan 28, 2005 10:36

* volleys the FluffyHeart back at Ice 'cause he wants no part of that sucky heart *

Well, you seem to have a handle on it save for that last theory. Sure, challenging someone with all sorts of goodies could lead to some mad itemage, but the Smithy only copies items the opponent brings to the fight. If they don't use their relics, you get squat.

I mean, honestly man. If it just copied all relics period, how ultimate an item would the smithy be?
Sword
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Jan 29, 2005 11:40

Can two Brok's Smithies actually copy each other, if both of them are unleashed in the same battle? I'm assuming yes, but...

...and sorry about the Arcane/Virtue/HeartOfStone thing. I was expecting to be bashed, but instead Dragonlord got the pain...

* uses Slow on MintMan to reduce the barrage of blows to come *

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "And one of the things we've got to make sure that we do is anything. -President Dubya

Sword
Ice

Member #46

Jan 30, 2005 10:18

Actually the FAQ says specifically, no it cannot.

LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Jan 30, 2005 21:32

Thanks for pointing that out. You read the FAQ, so you have more knowledge. More power to you.

* uses Power on Ice because I did say more power *

What in the name of the Mjolnir? I just created the Beasts 'n Snakes Tourney, and the dumb machine says I have no creatures eligible for the tourney...but it's, um, Bestial and Serpentine? Aren't Kamaitachis Bestial?

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "Don't quote me on this, but I'm betting that pipe goes somewhere." -Goombario

Sword
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3 
Apr 19, 2024 14:44 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022