Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Mar 28, 2024 21:15 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: Tourneys

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3 
Lymfada

Member #214

Jan 1, 2005 18:36
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Can you see the progress of a battle in a tourney like you can in a regular battle? I am still engagaged in my first sparring match, (im going to call it my marathone match) but I dont see any progress in the Tourney im currently in.

Lym
  What does not kill you makes you stronger
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Jan 1, 2005 21:24
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Actually, I believe you should be able to do so, just choose Current Tournament on your menu. I wouldn't know for sure, though, as usually tournaments begin when I'm sleeping and end when I return from school.

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  The best Mario club, only for the best Mario fans!
MintMan

Member #1

Jan 1, 2005 22:39
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

You will see a lot more progress in the tournament when, y'know, you actually fight someone.

The first day of a tournament, nothing happens. It is just to weed out any final ineligibilities before locking levels and to give a complete, final listing of the schedule to allow the enlisted to confirm their first-day AI and line-up.

Tomorrow, you will have a tab much like your battle tab with tournament data on it.

And your battle has not been going on for that long; it is still on one page; that's nothing! 'Course, it would have been over a lot faster with Obelisk slotted at EL 2, or if you would have challenged a weaker enemy... or if your enemy would fight more intelligently and have killed you already.
  HatefulStrike = attrition battle Slanted Mouth
Lymfada

Member #214

Jan 2, 2005 24:00

Well Mint im still learning. The sparring match has been very helpful. I now have a beter idea on how combat works on the whole. You have all been very helpful. This is a very good community.

Lym
draggy1234

Member #97

Jan 6, 2005 12:51
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Since I noticed this in the tournament I am participating in...

How is heraldry for a hippocerf supposed to work? Every time it is used, the message says that the hippocerf's strength was brought back to normal instead of increasing.
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Jan 6, 2005 19:05
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

If your Strength was decreased prior to your using a Strength-increasing ability, your Strength will return to normal.

...And if no Strength-decreasing abilities were used prior to that, I don't know.

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "When you have your own money, it means you've got more money to spend."-President Dubya

Zedd

Member #76

Jan 7, 2005 4:00
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Actually, something like that happened in Shugenja's last battle too. It said something (or exactly) like:

Shugenja shakes off its Virtue affliction. Shugenja shakes off its Strike affliction. Blessing_Dragon uses HatefulStrike. Shugenja evades the blow. Shugenja uses Courage. Shugenja's Virtue was brought back to normal.

A side note is that the spell still took effect (i.e, I still had more virtue than I did originally)

- Zedd i Randir, Lord of the Storm

"So it is said that if you know yourself and know others, then you will not be imperilled in a hundred battles. If you know yourself, but do not know others, then you will win some and lose some. If you do not know yourself and do not know others, you will be imperilled in every battle" - The Silver Sparrow Art of War, Sun Tzu

[Editted by Zedd on Jan 7, 2005 4:02]

[Editted by Zedd on Jan 7, 2005 4:04]
draggy1234

Member #97

Jan 7, 2005 14:59
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

OK, now that that's cleared up...I have another question.

How can a hippocerf slot heraldry in a grid if its only spell is buck?
MintMan

Member #1

Jan 7, 2005 15:16
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yeah, you should have read the Hippocerf better when you were check-checkin' your enemy. Do you know how much a Null increase is? Anuthing! Apparently, no one felt like telling me "Hey, Hippocerfs got buggered on their Heraldry" until I noticed it myself.
  What else do you expect when only two people adopt a monster. This was sorta like Behemoth and not having any prerequisites on its powerful Devour technique, although I can see why no one would want to report something to their advantage Tongue

As for Zedd, try including a bit more of that log Slanted Mouth You fail to paint the full picture for these people.
  Arrow Courage: Virtue +4 (+4)
  Arrow Hateful: Virtue -2 (+2)
  Arrow Hateful: Virtue -2 (0, Now back to normal)
  Arrow Hateful: Virtue -2 (-2)
  Arrow Lose Virtue Bonus: -4 (-6)
  Arrow Lose Affliction (Just one): +2 (-4)
  Arrow Courage: Virtue +4 (0, Returns to normal)

See? Didn't that make sense?

If by more virtue than you did before, you mean you had an increased, light-blue virtue, that would be the result of the subsequent gained bonus/lost affliction or web site views during battle, since that is what they do.
Ice

Member #46

Jan 11, 2005 1:38
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Question for the Create-a-Tourney...

Where are the 12 Days creatures in the Creature Restrictions? I wanted to make a Tourney for just us lucky folks who got in that, but I kinda can't. Help, please?

°(o.o)° (c) Ethereal Enterprises, 2004
MintMan

Member #1

Jan 11, 2005 10:53

Well, shpluh. I am not going to make an entire li'l corner just for something less than one-percent of the members own. * because it has been a while, uses Mallet on Ice with a shpluh *

Besides, that wouldn't even be possible. Restrictions are addative, meaning that a monster would need to be of the species Behemoth, Sea-Dog, and Hippocerf. You could make a tourney for just one of those species, if I even though enough of the Bonus monsters to do such, but that is just about it.

Hmm, I really should change Species and Class to radio buttons instead Slanted Mouth

At any rate, the bonus species are still -- and shall remain -- disembodied spirits floating around the world of BD. They are not in any of the searches, and they definantly will not get their own tournaments. I mean, the point of them is to fight amongst all of the older species to mix it up, not for them to hoard together in their own little world.
Sword
draggy1234

Member #97

Jan 11, 2005 14:59

Hey, Ice. Your behemoth could probably be able to join the "Fun" tourney after the tournament it is in ends.

Then again, I'm not too sure. None of my BD creatures are eligible for it (and I have a behemoth as well).
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jan 11, 2005 16:26

Yeah, Draggy, that... wasn't too bright. I mean, if you make a tourney, at least make sure you can participate. That's kinda the whole point behind it. Makin'em so you have a good chance of snagging a relic rather than paying twice the TPs for it for just getting it up front while scoring some extra TP and XP to boot.

"You look good for someone who was hit by a car."
  "Thus being the only time ever that it can said that I 'look good'."
Ice

Member #46

Jan 11, 2005 17:16
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I realize this prolly sounds pretty stupid, but how exactly would you go about "stacking" a tournament to favor yourself? I looked over the options, but I'm simply not seeing what would do that. Let's say I wanted to make one for my Gluttony to not only participate in, but also to do well and possibly win in... How would you go about doing that?

°(o.o)° (c) Ethereal Enterprises, 2004
draggy1234

Member #97

Jan 11, 2005 17:46

MadGoblin, the only restriction on that tournament was the Earth element. Why would that stop behemoths from participating? If I recall the FAQ correctly, a creature only needs to include the restrictions in order to participate.

Ice, maybe you would look for active tournament people who are bad at battling and near your level, make a tournament in such a way as to only include those bad people and yourself, and then beat them up. Or "fix" a tournament in a way so that your creature will be either equal with or have an advantage over any other creature able to enter (as was the case with the "Fun" tourney, since I only wanted behemoths and basilisks to enter).

Speaking of the "Fun" tourney, MadGoblin, how did you know that I made it?
Lymfada

Member #214

Jan 11, 2005 19:09

Have a question about Tourneys. Please realize this is not a complaint. I just finished a Tourney and was surprised at how the xp was distributed. The Tourney points seem right but the xp did not. Is there a restriction on how many xp you can get in a tourney depending on lvl? The reason I ask is The first place person (lvl 2) got 20xp the second place person (lvl 1) got 10 and the third place person (lvl 3) got 30. Once again this is not a complaint just trying to understand the system. Let me show you the results:

Culex received Tankard. Culex's Blade earned 195 TP and 20 XP. Blade got a level up!
  lymfada's Phoenix earned 90 TP and holds onto 10 XP until after its battle
  Flame_master11's Quicksliver earned 74 TP and 30 XP

I fully understand about latent xp (pretty easy concept) and am waiting until after my next battle to get the xp from my first battle then the tourney and then the battle im currenlty in. Once again this is not a complaint just like to know these things.

Lym
Blade

Member #99

Jan 11, 2005 19:17

I seem to be getting weird results when i check on my familiar and then click on upcoming tourneys that i am eligble for. (The Fun Tourney lvls 1-3 element: earth) Question Mark

One more fight One more step on the path to becoming a true warrior.---Ryu
MintMan

Member #1

Jan 11, 2005 21:29

Apparently, elements are broken. I have not made a tourney of that restriction for a while, so I shall reinstate all tourneys with elements in them some times away so that people can rejoin.
  The easiest way to tell there was a problem is if you received no e-mail to join there tourney -- then something was definantly wrong.

You are correct, Lym, in assuming that there is a limit on the amount of experience one can receive. This comes up a lot more in lower-level tourneys than higher-levels, but no creature can receive more than ten-times its level in experience for a tourney (starting this year, at least, with the other reductions).
  So when you have a big ol' ten-monster tourney, any reasonable amount of wins can have them near-maxing out. That is, of course, barring the extra XP prize that can be given to a winner.

EDIT: Spluh, I said "Element" instead of "Elements" in the script Nervous I so stupid.

[Editted by MintMan on Jan 11, 2005 22:00]
draggy1234

Member #97

Jan 13, 2005 20:55

If things get "lucky", maybe the "Fun" tournament will end up an all-behemoth tournament! Big Smile Four behemoths already...heh heh.

Then, I wonder if the winner will be determined majorly by luck...
Foshi

Member #158

Jan 13, 2005 22:04

Hey, uh, sorry to complain, but what the hell? My poor Baskerville was lined up for the V-Tournament, and now he's not. What's wrong? He's a Garm, so he's Dark, and he fits the level limit (okay, anyone could fit that level limit. I can't believe there's only three people that signed up for it, including me.)

Grr. * throws a Pomegranate at MintMan *

"Yesterday it worked.
  Today it is not working.
  Windows is like that."
  ~Haiku
Sword
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3 
Mar 28, 2024 21:15 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022