Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Aug 22, 2019 22:36 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: *Tiptoes in....*

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
LinkMaster

Member #48

Dec 12, 2004 8:06
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yeah...i've been gone for a while and I go to Battling Dragons and i'm trying to figure out what in the world is all this. Mean Look And I don't want to screw this up so I guess I should read the FAQ.

Triforce
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 12, 2004 10:47
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yeah, I would imagine these things would be a bit scary to someone who has been away for a while. Heck, it freaked out people who were here as the thing changed!

Aside from the FAQ, which you definantly should read, there are some other forum topics that discussed things extensively:

The first Version Four post
  A slightly less useful post

As always, I suggest you dip your toe into the BD pool with some sparring matches first so that if you screw up, no harm done.
  Also, since the system became much more... more, you can now fight any other creature with about an chance of winning against; there is no more of that "Hrims always beat Hoggs" stuff.
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Dec 12, 2004 20:31
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I am living proof of the end of type domination - FoxMcBlur bested Grasspoke even though Draconic beats Bestial.

Not that the type prevalence doesn't play a difference - in fact, when using Asfaloth (my Monoceros) against Nidhoggs, the fact that everything is Equine-element seems to be the thing that leads me to victory...at least since recent times.

The most important thing is not to learn techs stupidly and randomly. If you have a good grid, you'll be able to best most anyone.

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "And one of the things we've got to make sure that we do is anything. -President Dubya

Cheetarius

Member #10

Dec 13, 2004 17:14
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Pfft, you don't even have too have a good grid in some cases. There was one guy I fought some time ago who had a degeneration tech of some kind in every slot type (Power, magic, and special) and just used 'em over and over... naturally, he won. *glowers*

... stinkin' degeneration...

- Cheetarius, Wondering What This Button Does...
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 13, 2004 18:34
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I am going to guess that was Anime Watcher was the degener, and that is the reason you lost.

See, if you would have had a better grid, you could have won. However, being a Nidhogg, your lack of Virtue tied up a noose 'round your neck pretty securely.

A degen is every slot is a friggin' waste most of the time, unless you can build up enough to Double-Degen (which I think only Bassy is capable of since it has such huge-hitting Degen spells). Sure, your opponent will constantly pine away, but they are going to even if you have Degen in only one or two of your slots. Big whoop.

Since Nidhogg lacks any curative ability, the only way to fight a degenerator strategically is to back as much Arcane-lowering techs as possible.
  Or, you could use the normal method of kill them before they kill you. Degen means no immediate damage, and none of that other side-effect stuff. That gives you more time to dish it out.
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Dec 14, 2004 1:31
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

What advice would you give for a Monoceros vs. Hrimfaxi situation? I am speaking of something such as my forthcoming battle against Miku.

I mean, since the only Monoceros element is Equine, and Hrimfaxis are of that same element, the attacks aren't as effective; to make things worse, Hrimfaxi Arcane and Virtue are almost identical, making the ever-so-useful Cleanse ever-so-worthless. Blah.

Also, I'm already planning ahead as to what tech to get at the next level-up for Asfaloth. Should I get Break, Horn (SL1 Banish), or Pierce (moderate attack/decrease defense)? I'm leaning towards Pierce, which is probably a much better choice for SL3 Special than Charge.

Finally, when will I be able to adopt a new familiar? Asfaloth's reached Level 20...but do I need to get some other prerequisites accomplished first or what?

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "And one of the things we've got to make sure that we do is anything. -President Dubya

MadGoblin

Member #2

Dec 14, 2004 9:54

You... don't have break yet? Dude, what's your problem? Break is the skill, right? Skills should be acquired as soon as they are available due to their total rockin'! Get that, yo!

Unless something has changed, which I'm sure it hasn't, you are incorrect about the horse on horse action. Phenotypes do not have decreased effectiveness against each other like normal types do. They only have changed effects on the phenotypes ahead or behind them in the Pheno-Ring.

You cannot get a 3rd creature since you do not have the proper levels. You have to remember, the "Lvl 20 New Adopt" was a shot in the arm, if I'm using that phrase correctly. The true level still remained, lvl 25. It's just that one of your current monsters may be Lvl 20 instead of 25 in order for you to get a new creature. Like, in my case, Schrecken would have to gain four more levels and then when FlopHop turned 20, I'd get a new monster.

... then again, since I make all my monsters, I may just get it outta rockin'. I dunno.

"... Vampire cheerleader."
  RRRRRRRR
  "... regular cheerleader?"
  RRRRRRRR
  "This thing's busted!"
  - Jamie and a food replicator, Megas XLR
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 14, 2004 19:24

The creature adoption thing was quite true, Gobbo, but Skills? Hell-friggin'-no!

You act as though skills are some unstoppable force; they ain't. Pierce would be a hella-better choice than Break. You always concentrate on your tech strategies before skills. I mean, if you want to do well.
  It can be a long time between learning; skills never help you against a certain type of foe. They are a general boost. Where's the strategery in that?

Cleanse is not worthless; you forget how magic works. Your Virtues may be equal (which means you had to boost it a ton), but a Hrimfaxi still has high Arcane as well.
   Remember: Virtue defends Ban, but Arcane makes it hurt more.

You also have a huge Attack advantage over a Hrimfaxi's defense; why are you overlooking that? That should be your main weapon in 90% of battles.
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Aug 22, 2019 22:36 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2019