Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 24, 2024 10:44 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: Victory is Mine!

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
Ice

Member #46

Dec 1, 2004 12:22
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hooray!

So now that I won the tourney...

What does the damned TurkeySuit do!? I can't find any old topics where someone mentions what it does, and the FAQs are a bunch of help by saying "it's a surprise". I wouldn't be so hesitant to use it if I didn't think I might not ever get another.

On a slightly related not, I was wondering if under the tournament info page, you would be able to post a scoreboard of some sort, that just displayed the number of wins per person/familiar. I mean, I was able to determine that I was in the lead for the entire Tourney just by reading my own record and then seeing if anyone else had it by starting with the people who won their first matches, and then seeing if they won all of theirs, but it would be a lot more difficult if I was not undefeated throughout the entire tourney (except the 2nd last match).

°(o.o)° (c) Ethereal Enterprises, 2004
Lunar_Mage

Member #148

Dec 1, 2004 14:13
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Or, you could just be patient like the rest of us and wait till the end of the tourney. All you can really do is fight your best, and if someone has more wins that you, it would be be fairly safe to assume that you arn't headed for first.

As for the turkey suit, I highly doubt that anyone is gonna tell you, especially when it says in the relic description screen, quote:

The only way to know what they do is to use them or to watch a battle of someone else who has used it.

That, and I'd use it anyways, cause it is just as likeley to be deleted in your next tourney. Upside Down Smile

Unless I'm stoopid, and that bug is fixed. Shifty Eyes

"I'm sharpening my knife, kupo!" - Moguo, FFIX
boyachi

Member #92

Dec 1, 2004 15:20
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Sadly I think that Mints would tell us about this one, so Ice you gotta use it next time OR ELSE!!! So...yeah! DEFEATION FOR ME LOSSING ALL MY MATCHES! (yes defeation is not a word)
  Long time no see Lunar...unless I just haven't been paying attention.

My side is dead, my beliefs have been forgotten, my youth has left me and my innocence was slaughtered infront my eyes. Why should I care when it is only my life on the line?
Ice

Member #46

Dec 1, 2004 17:05
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Silly Lunar...

I was asking for something which just listed currently how many wins everyone has, so that you don't have to go through the big grid and say "okay, so player 1 vs player 2, player 1 winned... now let's find his next match... etc" and instead can just look to the side of it and say "Okay, Player 1: 5 wins. Player 2: 3 wins. Player 3: 4 wins. Ice: 10 wins. Hmm, I guess I'm winning."

I fully admit that I'm lazy. On terms of the TurkeySuit, I was more wondering if anyone had used theirs from the last thanksgiving to see if I could observe a battle with it used. That's it.

boyachi

Member #92

Dec 1, 2004 17:29
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Just as long as you understand that if you don't use it next tourney it is going to dissappear.
  Heck, I'll save you the trouble * uses Steal on Ice's turkeysuit *

My side is dead, my beliefs have been forgotten, my youth has left me and my innocence was slaughtered infront my eyes. Why should I care when it is only my life on the line?
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 1, 2004 18:56

* since he made it, uses SmokeSwipe on boyachi's turkeysuit because he is behind the times *
  That relic-eating bug is so over. Don't you people pay attention? I remember specifically stating that for some reason, every relic one owns would decrease by one instead of just the relics used in that tournament because of much typoness.

A scoreboard would be very easy to rig up, but ultimately a large, waste of space. I mean, the extra table would have to be shoved somewhere, and that somewhere would typically be in the way of the more used battle-log links. Sticking it under there would be especially ugly. It would be ugly anywhere considering that it is a long, skinny, two-column table. That is why I have never put it up. I think the code is still there, commented out due to its abtrusive appearance.
  I don't know why I just thought of it now, but I guess I could create a pseudo-log to a table of wins, so that it would be out of the way.

As for the turkey suit, it has never been used. Evenfall was the last person I knew that had one, and unless something has changed, she has still got it.
  I think the other Thanksgiving tourneys (there were only one or two others) were canceled or something, so it has never even been used before. You can be the first, Ice, or just wait for one of the other victors to give it a go.

"You know what burns me? Matches." - Jay London
Sword
boyachi

Member #92

Dec 1, 2004 20:44

On Dec 1, 2004 18:56, MintMan said:

I remember specifically stating that for some reason, every relic one owns would decrease by one instead of just the relics used in that tournament because of much typoness.

Yea I remember that. That doesn't sound like it was fixed. Plus the last thing said about it was in three way tie.
  On Nov 6, 2004 ?:?(don't remember what time), draggy1234 said:

Just out of curiosity, since about a week has passed with no new news, has there been significant progress on debugging this problem?

So that is why we were wondering.

Ice

Member #46

Dec 2, 2004 4:00

* uses Steal on MintMan's turkeysuit *

Gimme that back, you dejected bum. And as for the log of wins, I'm guessing a link right above the battle logs (if not just to the side of the current battle table) would be the most useful. It could be similar to the "Tourney Conclusion" link or something. I dunno.

Sword
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Dec 2, 2004 18:48
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Umm...Ice?

I just challenged Ash10 to a battle and I'm using my TurkeySuit in it. Thing is, once you decide to use the TurkeySuit, when you click it it shows its effect, same as it would for any tech.

I can't tell you what it does, but you can watch my battle if Ash10 accepts (he should, since he's 5 levels up). I can tell you this much: it need not be slotted, and its effects are pretty good...for a Monoceros, anyway.

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "We're in for a long struggle, and I think Texans understand that. And so do Americans." -President Dubya

MintMan

Member #1

Dec 2, 2004 19:12

Yeah, I was wondering when someone would wise up to that.

I mean, that does not even apply strictly to special relics -- every relic has that display on it. I needed to do that since certain relics are slotted, like Mjolnir and HeardOfStone, and others are just open use, like Gungnir and JackOLantern.

So... yeah, that message is a leftover from the old version and means a lot less now.

At the side, eh? Which table are you talking about -- from the browse page or the log-in? The browse page's table is already big enough; only through page warping could any more be added to the side.

If you are referring to the log-in table, on the other hand, it would be a bit out of the way for most, but it would also require an extra loop to process all of the wins since the schedule printed out is done on the fly.
  Is one extra loop really that hard to program? No. Am I really that lazy? Yes!
Ice

Member #46

Dec 2, 2004 20:45

I'm not sure if you'd call this the login page...

http://www.realitysend.com/cgi-bin/bdtbrowse.pl?t=turkey1

I was talking about possibly just displaying it on the side of that... from your description, that's the page I think you're talking about it. However, after looking at the page on a lower resolution computer, I can see how that might now work out so well, so probably it'd just work best with a link underneath the current matchups that just says something along the lines of "Scoreboard" or something.

* uses Haste to get the tourney results to process faster *

Sword
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Dec 2, 2004 23:44
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

By the way, Mint, don't you think that the TurkeySuit's effect is a bit too strong? I mean, really, the percentage on that is considerably large, and if I understand correctly, it happens on every tech that hits? Wow.

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "We're in for a long struggle, and I think Texans understand that. And so do Americans." -President Dubya

MadGoblin

Member #2

Dec 3, 2004 24:10

Not arrow'd!

And the Regeneration ability isn't much different. Life everytime you are hit, life everytime you do hit. It's pretty much the same. The big difference is that one is a relic, which warrents a one-time-use-wisely use, and is also rare, making the prior warning double truer'd.

Truthfully, when you sit there and really think about it, relics ain't really all that great. They may help you snag one win, but that's about it. With all the hard work of acquring one and what not, it's still just a one-shot. I mean, I'm not saying they aren't good, just that they are only good. ... or, something Dot Mouth

Holiday nog makes postin' in the Season more fun! Yippee!

"... it was full of bees."
  "Full of C's more like it. ... Sorry."
  ~ Lost, regarding a woman's shirt
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Dec 3, 2004 1:29

Umm...MG, all this time I've been circumlocuting without exactly stating what the relic does, and now you've given it away! Very nicely done.

And yes, it is pretty much the same as Regen. Problem is, Monoceroses don't even have any Healing abilities whatsoever (only stupid Curation which is rather useless, methinks), so the relic is a lifesaver...and unfortunately, I'm going to lose it after this next battle.

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush

MintMan

Member #1

Dec 3, 2004 21:58

The relic heals five percent. That's one-twentieth. The average fight takes twenty rounds, not even attacks. Therefore, on average, you do not even heal enough to cover one full attack; play your cards, and you will get more, but not that much more.

Like regeneration, since it is healing, the amount is very, very low. You act as though if something heals, it is god. Regen only heals two life per hit, people. That is a blutty little bit

No, that would be the tournament browser not only because of the "browse" in its file name, but also because it is not the tournament screen you get to by login.
  At the side of that? Where? Why? That table is not even divided by members. Without any sort of logical, local organization, that would be, like, stretching screens all the past 1024 pixel width, which no one outside of Japan should broach on.
Zedd

Member #76

Dec 5, 2004 2:29
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Dec 1, 2004 18:56, MintMan said:

That relic-eating bug is so over. Don't you people pay attention? I remember specifically stating that for some reason, every relic one owns would decrease by one instead of just the relics used in that tournament because of much typoness.

If this is actually fixed, could I possibly get my relics back? I'm sure I had a Mjollnir, a LookingGlass and I think I also had a Gungnir.

Talking of which, I really should get that free relic that I'm owed for winning that BD monster race contest. Which I would do, but, you know, the relic page of the FAQ don't work, so I don't know what I'm choosing from...

(100 posts! Embarrassed )

- Zedd i Randir, Lord of the Storm

Satsujinken, Katsujinken

MintMan

Member #1

Dec 5, 2004 9:40

You've had since you won that contest months ago to give me that relic! I thought you already took it, too, or am I thinking of Draggy for that other contest?

Relic page broken? Still? I never uploaded that fix? Well, I can't now since my FTP is down for the moment, but I shall have to get around to that.
  At any rate, only the FAQ link is broken; every other link there still works fine.
draggy1234

Member #97

Dec 5, 2004 9:59
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I don't think I chose my two relics yet. I've just gotten the relics that come automatically for being first in the Birthday Challenge III contest (and disappeared upon entering a tournament Frown ).
Zedd

Member #76

Dec 6, 2004 1:57

I'm pretty sure I never got that relic... I remember you awarding me the ability to get it, but I think I left it at that...

- Zedd i Randir, Lord of the Storm

Satsujinken, Katsujinken

Dragonlord2235

Member #213

Dec 19, 2004 20:39
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Regen only heals 2 life per hit? Wow, that's... uhh... virtually useless. I guess.

On the topic of relics, if you got a free relic from the relic giveaway and partake in a tourney after that, can you still get a free relic for partaking in tourney after or do you have to wait till the next relic giveaway and tourney to get more free relics?

* fabricates a Walkman so I can listen to MAX 300 and all those other good songs *

Please help my Battling Dragon, Zircean! Go to this page to visit my familair's page and give him more experience! Thanks for helping out!
Sword
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
Apr 24, 2024 10:44 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022