Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Aug 23, 2019 16:26 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: Is it just me...

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3 
MMZero

Member #200

Nov 21, 2004 23:10
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Boggle

Ugh... Too many game mechanics I don't understand... Brain going to explode...

1 HP remaining... I might stand a chance! ^_^;;

KAMAKAZE!
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Nov 21, 2004 23:11
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

By the way, aren't Banishments preferable to Castings? I mean, it seems that the majority of the adoptable monsters have their Arcane higher than their Virtue...and since Banishment damage increases with target's Arcane and decreases with target's Virtue...then I guess the only problem would be if your opponent used Virtue-increasing techniques. I mean, there isn't one monster that I know that has higher initial Virtue than Arcane.

...On second thoughts, if you use Arcane-decreasing abilities, then that pretty much justifies the usage of castings.

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush

MintMan

Member #1

Nov 22, 2004 18:39
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Uh, what about Hrimfaxi, Monoceros, Ryu, and Bennu? Kamaitachi, Tatzelwurm, and Miraj have just about equally low Virtue to their respective Arcanes.

And no, Bans are not necessarily better because while the defenses you stated are true, you forget that they have their basis in your own monster's Arcane and Virtue for casts and banishes, respectively. For the same reason you stated Bans are better, they in fact turn out to suck! Only about four monsters can use a Ban with any decency, and half of those are new ones!

Too much mechanics? Not by a longshot. More mechanics than there used to be? Well, there are mechanics now... so yes.
  I think the other thing that is buggering people up is the fact that so much has changed from a system that people were accustomed to; you have newbies like Eventider moppin' up the place with a Kamaitachi, and all of the BD elders don't know what to do!

And to be fair, under old BD, people still fought like idiots and did not know what they were doing. Now, you just cannot get away with it.
draggy1234

Member #97

Nov 22, 2004 19:50
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well, people will eventually adapt, won't they? We've adapted to changes before, such as the additions of new functions to these forums, the addition of END, and the addition of tournaments long ago. Big Smile We've even adapted to the new site layout! So won't it only be a matter of time before the same happens with the new BD? Nervous
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Nov 22, 2004 20:37
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I guess you're right...

* fabricates an AdaptionAssistant to help people adapt to changes *

By the way, I just looked over Culex's Level 1 Kamaitachi Pup and it has 31 Agility - FoxMcBlur, my LV22 Kamaitachi, has 30 Agility! Is this related to the fact that the LV1 Kamaitachi pup is "younger, smaller and faster" or what?

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe - I believe what I believe is right." -President Dubya

Sword
boyachi

Member #92

Nov 23, 2004 1:43
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Simple, it is the boost points.

My side is dead, my beliefs have been forgotten, my youth has left me and my innocence was slaughtered infront my eyes. Why should I care when it is only my life on the line?
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Nov 23, 2004 17:54

* uses Smash on draggy1234 with an AdaptionAssistant to help him in adaption *

Well, I guess that is possible...although I really see no point in boosting Kamaitachi's Agility even further. To me it seems that it's best to boost Kama's Strength and Defense, since those are the two categories that it is clearly deficient in.

Oh, by the way, I finally learned Stomp. I wonder if Asfaloth's going to get a little improvement in battle because of the replacement of Gallop?

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "We're making the right decisions to bring the solution to an end." -President Dubya

Sword
draggy1234

Member #97

Nov 23, 2004 18:06
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Maybe the boost to agility was meant to amplify Kamaitachi's strength instead of working on weaknesses. I did that with Hithop in boosting arcane, although I admit it's not much help when I'm not using castings.

Think how annoying it would be for someone to fight a Kamaitachi that, after 5 boosts, has upped its agility during battle to 45, and therefore miss a lot... Dead

* uses Absorption on LieutenantEagle because I don't see the need for help in adaptation for myself *

[Editted by draggy1234 on Nov 23, 2004 18:08]
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Nov 23, 2004 18:31

Yeah, you hit the ground runnin' with version four, didn't you? I was about to try and remember what your new adoption was, but then I remembered you don't have one yet... ha-ha!

I'm guessing that the Lieutenant forgot that in the new version, stats almost never go up; only life does. It was that whole tournament-centric idealology of NDR, remember?

Of course not! No one remembers anything from the entire NDR campaign; I would not be at all surprised if everyone just now said "WTF? NDR?" aloud when they just read this!

If I would just get off my over-worked bum and get busy working on porting the old RPG script to the new version, I'm sure things would be loads easier. I was also supposed to add a function where you can create an enemy -- any enemy at all -- and fight it in the RPG. Since the RPG now uses the exact same mechanics as web battles, you could get a pretty good feel for your opponent as well as the game in general.
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Nov 23, 2004 18:37

Ah, yes. I am still getting accustomed to the new version, where only stats rarely increase.

By the way, Draggy, one cast of ConcealForm on FoxMcBlur ups Agility to 40, yet in the last tournament you still somehow managed to keep hitting me...ah, right. Sense increases Strike.

* class changes to Pugilist *

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "We're making the right decisions to bring the solution to an end." -President Dubya

draggy1234

Member #97

Nov 23, 2004 19:06

...I didn't have Sense slotted in my tournament grid in my last tournament.

EDIT: Yeah, I guess I'm having a much better battle streak than on the previous version of BD. I remember getting creamed a lot from Hrimfaxis and having a really bad win ratio. Irreversible now...

[Editted by draggy1234 on Nov 23, 2004 19:12]
MMZero

Member #200

Nov 23, 2004 22:14
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Nov 22, 2004 18:39, MintMan said:

And to be fair, under old BD, people still fought like idiots and did not know what they were doing. Now, you just cannot get away with it.

*raises hand*

That would be me right there. Just click and attack to win.

And speaking of stat boosts, I find it very odd that my level 25 Nidhogg has 4 less Defense points than my level 7 Ryu, and Raishoom has had +3 added as a bonus.

I never realized the dragon was so fragile...

I like nachos, how 'bout you?
MintMan

Member #1

Nov 23, 2004 23:07

Well, Nidhogg has slightly decreased defense; Ryu's, especially the Carp, have increased defense, so that explains that difference.

And Conceal Form does not take you up to 40 Agility; you will only get eight points increase from it (level four times two).

At any rate, 38 Agility is still pretty pimpin'. Now, you might think that would make you impossible to hit; you are quite wrong.
  The highest possible agility is a quice-boosted Kamaitachi fulled up'd in battle -- 45. The lowest possible Strike would have to be something with base-ten fully decreased to zero somehow.
  This is the lowest possible hit chance at around five percent. Every other hit chance is figured up from there up unto the average of about 85%.
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Nov 23, 2004 23:15

My bad...for some reason I thought it was 40 Agility. I think it was because in one battle I had 40 Agility because I cast ConcealForm and Invisibility shortly afterward.

Hmm...from 5% to 85%? Interesting.

By the way, is it me, or has Kamaitachi Strength gone up relative to BD 3? It seems that my physical attacks now mean much more.

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "Border relations between Mexico and Canada have never been better." -President Dubya

MintMan

Member #1

Nov 24, 2004 16:42

Nope; wrong thing considered.

Damage messages changed, not its strength (or at least not changed by much). Whereas before the average damage message came for twenty percent, it now is seen for, like, six.

You also have to remember that new damage formulae are being used... and to what exactly would you compare this damage from? It is really hard to try and draw a comparison from old spells and attacks to the spell level system Boggle
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Nov 24, 2004 20:44

No, it's just that the new techs system has allowed FoxMcBlur to have an extremely high win rate since BD 4 was introduced; I mean, Fox hasn't lost a single challenge battle, and the only losses were two tournament losses. Not bad, considering the fact that I had 22 challenge battle losses previously.

...Then again, since the messages themselves changed, that could be what's causing me to psychologically believe that Fox has gotten stronger when it is in fact not so.

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  The best Mario club, only for the best Mario fans!
MadGoblin

Member #2

Nov 24, 2004 21:50

Well, it's probably due to the change in Kama's choice. I mean, he can now pump out excessive non-physical attacks. Before, he was limited by his low MP and stuff. The whole "not needing MP to live" thing is a real bonus. Plus a changed hit system really helps.

I don't think I've really used Kaze Musha with the new system, so I can't really say, tho'.

"... it was full of bees."
  "Full of C's more like it. ... Sorry."
  ~ Lost, regarding a woman's shirt
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Nov 25, 2004 2:37

What in the name of the Mjolnir?

I just looked at my Tournaments and for some reason I was registered to join some "LESSER" tournament from November 9 onward. When I click it says the tournament does not exist.

What is going on?

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------

MintMan

Member #1

Nov 26, 2004 3:55

What? But I made a softlink!

How did you even get registered for Lesser? That is a 1-3 Tournament? You did not have anyone of those levels for a long, long time.

There was some buggering of it as I accidentally named it Nursery but could not change the file name as the e-mails had already been sent, to I essentially created a pointer from the old name to the new name, but that does not explain how you were enlisted into something that you are not even eligible for! In fact, you were enlisted in it multiple times somehow Boggle I am not even going to begin to speculate hwo, but no longer are you.
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Nov 26, 2004 11:23

Ah, yes. Glitches. What would we do without 'em? Smile

Hmm...Asfaloth is just muerte in his battle right now. 12 HP left...I just hope that the long-planned two-on-two function would work, then Fox could heal Asfaloth in such special battles.

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "Border relations between Mexico and Canada have never been better." -President Dubya

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3 
Aug 23, 2019 16:26 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2019