Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Mar 28, 2024 16:50 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: FATE in BDv4.0

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Oct 30, 2004 15:33
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I was just wondering how exactly the new BD v4.0 system is going to be implemented into FATE and the other BD RPGs. Some questions I have is:

1. Will the spell levels be full at the beginning of each battle, or will the spell level amount at the end of a battle be carried over to a new battle?

2. If spell levels are to be carried over, will there be items that restore certain spell levels (i.e. restores 2 Magic SL, etc.)

3. Will we be able to use relics or other items, and are they going to necessarily have to be one-time use?

I know that plans for BD:FATE aren't quite thought out that deeply yet, or at least it seems so, but...what do you think? I personally think that Spell Levels should be carried over...but that's just me.

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe - I believe what I believe is right." -President Dubya

MintMan

Member #1

Oct 30, 2004 18:32
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Your laugh is incorrect, Meganaut!... no wait, you didn't laugh Boggle

Anyway, as has been mentioned more than enough times here and else where on the site, the RPG (yes, F:ATE) system was made before the battle script was. Perl is very slow for testing, so I made the JavaScript first as I can do it entirely off-line.

I also had a lot of stuff to change. The ridding of magic points also went to improve the RPG.
  No, energy does not refill with every battle. It would not be so devastating it if did, but you have to realize that there are no individual battles per se in the new BD, as stated previously in the forums.
  Now, you just walk around and run into foes. The battle screen and walkaround screen are one. Your energy bars recover while in battle, but they also recover while walking. This allows one to use techs outside of a fight as well, such as for healing, but also for statistic improvement. This means that you could use ConcealForm or DarkWing before a fight to be stronger during it. Of course, this also means that effects can disappear with time outside of battle.

Relics... no. Items that increase energy? Pretty useless since it goes up so fast.

I should also mention now that it is weapons and armor that give a player character their spells and techs. They flop out huge lists of possibilities, and you just set in to a grid.

Now, you might say "Hey, if you have already made it, why is it not released?" I made the JavaScript for it, not everything. I have to compeletely recode the RPG script to output to the new system, not the old one; they are very incompatible.
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Oct 30, 2004 21:30
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

So...kinda like FFTA's system of each weapon/armor teaching a different spell? Or is a certain tech only accessible only if a certain weapon is equipped (FFCC's Focus Attack system)?

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "At this Thursday, ticket counters and airplanes will fly outta Ronald Reagan airport." -President Dubya

MintMan

Member #1

Oct 31, 2004 12:22
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

As I said, relics give you a list of techs to set into your grid. Of course it would only be use-when-equipped as learning how to Slash from a sword would not transfer said tech to, say, a Bow. I mean, that's just common sense.

"Alcoholism is a disease, but it is the only disease you can get yelled at for having." - Mitch Hedberg
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Mar 28, 2024 16:50 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022