Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 20, 2024 3:02 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: Hey...Tourament Q

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
Zedd

Member #76

Dec 30, 2004 20:35
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Err... Slightly off-topic, but since I'm loath to create a new one...

Is it purpousful that there's no FAQ for tourneys? It says that they still haven't been released...

- Zedd i Randir, Lord of the Storm

"...with enough training, you will be able to beat ten men with your spirit. When you have reached this point, will it not mean that you are invincible?" Go Rin No Sho, Miyamoto Musashi
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Dec 31, 2004 24:59
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I believe that it is simply the result of one more of MintMan's fits of laziness.

Also, isn't it spelled loth, not loath, in the sense that you are putting it in...or have I been reading too much of Lord of the Rings?

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "Border relations between Mexico and Canada have never been better." -President Dubya

MintMan

Member #1

Dec 31, 2004 2:05
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

The way he used it? The blutty 'el you talkin' about?

"Loth" is just a variant of "loath", which is how you are supposed to spell it. You can also use "loathe" if you are feeling especially fancy.

"Loth" is the Middle English etymology of "loath" and not even a verb itself, so it is prolly a bad substitute for the word. ("Loth" is an adjective for loathsome in the old tongue.)

Now that the grammar lesson is out of the way, yes, I am way lazy. I do believe it has been brought up before, but all the poking and prodding still has not compelled me to do a thing about it.
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Dec 31, 2004 12:54
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Wait, wait...

Doesn't loth also mean "unwilling"? As in, "I was loth to do my homework".

Also, as I just recently understood, not all familiars have the same amounts of techniques, right? Because FoxMcBlur knows everything on the list at LV22, whereas Asfaloth still has five or six to master at the same level.

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "Don't quote me on this, but I'm betting that pipe goes somewhere." -Goombario

MintMan

Member #1

Dec 31, 2004 20:26
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Nope, "loth" only appears in modern-day English as a variant of "loath". I dunno where you are getting that usage from.
  I mean, unless unabridged dictionaries lie, which they shouldn't what with being unabridged and all.

And no, not every monster has the same amount of techniques. Some have half as many as others.

Although there are certain requirements -- such as requiring one attack, cast, and ban and being able to fill up all non-spell portions of a grid -- there is no minimum or maximum number set on techs. Why? Because different monsters can do different things.

Kamaitachi is a stupid, stupid monster with almost no description; wind, weasel... that is just about it. I think he was lucky to clear twelve.

Other monsters like Monoceros and Tatzelwurm, however, have bounds and bounds of techs, what with all their varying descriptions and abilities.
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Dec 31, 2004 21:51

The usage I'm talking about is found in The Lord of the Rings. I don't exactly know where, though, but I remember it's there...

...That, or my memory has failed utterly, which we all know it always does. Smile

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "At this Thursday, ticket counters and airplanes will fly outta Ronald Reagan airport." -President Dubya

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
Apr 20, 2024 3:02 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022