Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Aug 23, 2019 17:11 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: Three way tieee!

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3 
MintMan

Member #1

Oct 25, 2004 20:54
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yes, Sassy. Just two posts ago I addressed that double tourney issue -- you know, the reply made right after you reported the problem. And I said it had to do with those tourneys being reset and that I would get around to it. Difficult'd!

As for the "grew into a ." thing, the monsters are no longer classed as ""s so who cares? The battle log is not going to destroy anything. Hel, if it did, RE would be in heaps of trouble with as much as logs are un-tidied.

And then to top-off your apparent stream of go-away-and-become-a-n00b-ism, yes, your attacks should do more than "somewhat damaging" which is precisely why they normally did just plain "damaging" if you would bother to read.
  And no, they should not do more than that because you are still a weak, weak Hrimfaxi.

Then, there is absolutely nothing wrong with Healing -- as far as I can tell. For you see, as has already been explained to you innumerous times, Hrimfaxi's do not Heal. They Cure. Status Curation - Damage Healing. Very, very different. You just Cured away your two statistic decrements.
  I mean, blutty 'el, woman! How could you not have put that together? "Hey, healing is messed up. It just said the two stats of mine that were lowered are returning to-- oh! It is status affliction curing, not healing -- just like is says next to the description of the tech!"

* gives SailorSassyStar a virtual beer * Here. Now at least you will have an excuse.

draggy1234

Member #97

Oct 28, 2004 20:52
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Just now I noticed I only had three different relics, and I know I had a bigger variety. Especially since I used to have a giftbox and a tankard relic at the least, and I know for sure that I did not use any relics in any battles (I had planned on hoarding them). Help on this would be appreciated.
MintMan

Member #1

Oct 28, 2004 23:30
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Um... yeah, it is probably the same thing SSS complained about... twice.... in a row.... as well as Boyachi, I think.

Simple answer: there is a relic disaperating bug. Do I know about it? Yes. It is been reported a number of times already. Is it fixed? Obviously not.

So if there are already tons of posts on a bug and it happens to you, you do not need to say something stupid like "me too", just either "Hey, I got hit by it too" and make no reply, or actually provide some useful information such as when you realized they disappeared, 'cause the former is not going to help the problem much.

I know it has something to do with the old relic system; I just need to figure where it is still rearing its ugly head.
boyachi

Member #92

Oct 29, 2004 8:04

TANKARD! SSS, Rook, and I, all have Tankards. It is either that or something about the tourney, cuz it dissappeared round then. Still, the tankard is the only thing that I can make the loop with. Just an idea.

My side is dead, my beliefs have been forgotten, my youth has left me and my innocence was slaughtered infront my eyes. Why should I care when it is only my life on the line?
draggy1234

Member #97

Oct 29, 2004 17:58
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I agree with Boyachi. I remember that when I last had all my relics (from a long time ago) was before I got involved in the titan tourney. That's what I suspect anyway.

...Which brings me to something I've been thinking about. Are you supposed to be allowed to slot relics into your tournament grid and use them for the tournament? I think I recall that in the previous version of BD, relics couldn't be used in tournaments.
MintMan

Member #1

Oct 29, 2004 18:13

Good observation, Draggy, but no. This time around, relics are allowed in tourneys. I mean, it is kinda stupid to since you do not get any wins for it, but 'tis allowed nonetheless.

Really, last time, there was nothing that prohibited the use of relics in tourneys; there was just nothing that allowed it. You have to remember that, as I constantly state when comparing old to new, version three used a different battle script for DNA, web battles, and M4; DNA even had different challenging procedures.
  With version four, it is all the same. Any feature in one can be used in any. Why, I would have to work to make some sort of exclude, and like blutty 'el am I gonna do that!

Well, not everything is the same. Certain things require slight tweakings, which I have been meaning to add to the manual pages.
  Brok's Smithy will only copy one random relic per opponent, not all relics. It would be friggin' unstoppable if it did.
  Corpse Devourer, as it functions versus multiple enemies but never gets a chance to as multiple enemy challenging does not exist for web battles, increases life and max life for the next challenges per win. I think it is only, like, five life, but that could give you up to forty extra life in a really big tourney. Ferry and the like give twenty-five, so you can be the judge.

Oh, yeah, and your Tankard theory makes no sense, Boyachi. Like pretty much all of my CGI games, information is held in token strings. Disasperation would not discriminate as to what those tokens held but just that they were strings. The only reason all of you even have the tankard is because you are all active members and thus here to complain about it. Good try, tho'... no it wasn't Tongue

[Editted by MintMan on Oct 29, 2004 18:16]
draggy1234

Member #97

Nov 6, 2004 16:11

Just out of curiosity, since about a week has passed with no new news, has there been significant progress on debugging this problem?
Rook

Member #112

Nov 27, 2004 20:09
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

God! Lost another one! And I really wanted that TurkeySuit too! Crying
  What's it do anyway?

Minty, are you sure you're tourney strength equilizermabob is working right? I absulutely cannot take down AnimeWatcher. If it's not that, then what's the problem? Elements? Probably my stategy, but where'd I mess up?

"Sometimes you drink the milk, sometimes the milk drinks you." --Mandy from the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy
MadGoblin

Member #2

Nov 28, 2004 2:29

Well, AWer does have a Hydra, and I don't know if I've ever seen one with Regeneration lose before. I mean, they are some tough cookie.

Then again, I don't look in battles much Flat Mouth

"... Vampire cheerleader."
  RRRRRRRR
  "... regular cheerleader?"
  RRRRRRRR
  "This thing's busted!"
  - Jamie and a food replicator, Megas XLR
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Nov 28, 2004 11:40
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

My current match is critical to winning the tournament, because zendrix and I both have no losses so far and now I'm facing zendrix. I'm probably going to lose, 'tho, because Hrimfaxis pwn Kamaitachis...on second thoughts, I DO still have 330 Life Smile

Oh, by the way, I noticed that it is still impossible to change your AI in the middle of a tourney battle. When I click "Clear AI" it still shows you three full bars, which is not right. It goes to the "tournament AI" rather than the "current AI". Is this intentionally made or is this a glitch?

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe - I believe what I believe is right." -President Dubya

MintMan

Member #1

Nov 28, 2004 13:34

It is intentional; you are not at the Current AI screen. You went in or loaded your overall tourney AI instead of the AI for the current match-up. BD is not magical and knows exactly what you are trying to set your AI for unless you load that specific AI.

Hydrae have lost; I have witnessed it several times. The key is not to suck, which few people do, as pointed out by Hydrae.

Regen is set up to be less powerful than Ferry or the like unless the enemy uses a Hel of a lot of damaging attacks, in which case it becomes better. If you haven't noticed, a monster only regenerates whenever it is damaged, so.... don't damage it. It is why you have other sorts of techs -- make few attacks and make 'em count.
boyachi

Member #92

Nov 28, 2004 21:02

Sadly lacking better words and having to resort to blitzball lingo (yea I'm a jockey!...not really) does poison pile on making it worse?

My side is dead, my beliefs have been forgotten, my youth has left me and my innocence was slaughtered infront my eyes. Why should I care when it is only my life on the line?
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Nov 29, 2004 1:06
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

So does that mean that in all tournament battles whenever more than 25 rounds are necessary the rest has to be random?

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe - I believe what I believe is right." -President Dubya

Zedd

Member #76

Nov 29, 2004 3:56
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Boyachi, I think it's been stated multiple times that poison 'piles on'...

Ah, here we go, straight from the BD FAQ: "If multiple degenerations are applied on the same monster, the length of time for which it loses life will increase, not the damage received every turn."

* For asking questions that could be easily found out on his own, uses Strike on boyachi with great vengance *

- Zedd i Randir, Lord of the Storm

Satsujinken, Katsujinken

Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Nov 29, 2004 20:33

Sorry, Zedd, but you are wrong! * uses LandSmite on Zedd to show just how wrong he is * It is true that multiple degens stack up the length, but this only occurs up until a certain point, at which Double Degen takes effect.

Before, it was one-hundred points of degeneration; now, I think it is ten turns. At this point, degeneration will pass through a victim twice as fast for twice the damage.

... okay, Eagle, perhaps you are not undertanding this. You can change your AI mid-tourney. I have seen Gobbo do it tons of times. You just have to load or go in through the correct area, the Change Current Tourney AI area, and then everything will set correctly.
Sword
MadGoblin

Member #2

Nov 29, 2004 23:34

* Since he really just has to keep up the trend, uses Carnage on MintMan with an OooPwnd * Sorry, Mints, but that ain't what I do.

I jimmy it. I just hit clear, and all my bars and techs reset. However, I just remember what my bars were set at before the changed (apply displayed on the prior screen showing current battle status), and work from there, keeping in mind what was at what. So, yeah, I dun really know any other way to do it. I think I may have done it right before... no, no I haven't. It's always been done half-known.

"Thank you, Spanky San, for giving Ling-Ling honor in hat form."
  - Drawn Together
Sword
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Nov 30, 2004 24:27

Thank you MG. You actually understood what I was saying...and I guess your method could work.

Incidentally, what do you think would happen if you pressed clear and then used SL4 techs? Probably very many glitches.

And yes, KeroMint, I know that you can change your tournament AI mid-tourney. The problem is, I don't think I need to change my AI...at least for the tournament I'm in right now, seeing as I have no more battles left over and I have secured a won tournament (seeing as I murdalized everyone except zendrix, and everyone else therefore has at least two losses).

* uses Smash on MintMan with a Smartening to improve his understanding of what I'm trying to say *

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  All your base are belong to us.

Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 1, 2004 19:30

On Nov 28, 2004 11:40, LieutenantEagle said:

Oh, by the way, I noticed that it is still impossible to change your AI in the middle of a tourney battle.

Knew that you could change AI mid-battle, eh? Wouldn't have thought that from what you originally said.
  Y'know, saying that the Clear button was broken would have been a lot more to-the-point.

At any rate, you do not need this glitch to use a command that is past your energy level. You can use an AI of a changed grid, and technically, your monster will access an attack beyond its energy reach. What will this do? Nothing.
  Using an impossible tech will simply result in progressing to the next item on the list. Of course, this will create multiple bypasses of AI, resulting in something very unexpected, probably a lot of low-level techs until it reverts to random.
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3 
Aug 23, 2019 17:11 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2019