Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 25, 2024 3:05 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: Cool stuffs... (and Q's about larger Grid thru leveling)

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Cheetarius

Member #10

Oct 9, 2004 14:46
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Wow, BDv4 is definitely different from what I'm used to. I kinda get the basic idea and all, but this is still pretty sweet. And I arrive back just in time for Tourneys! Big Smile My familiar is still L13 tho, lol. Guess I need to work on my website.

Anyways, aside from coming back to see this, I was wondering about the Grid for spells and techs. Is the 3 by 4 Grid all we get? Because, I remember reading something about your Grid becoming larger as you level up, and I was wondering exactly how that works. Slanted Mouth I read the introductory topic for BDv4 (at least, the first two pages) and saw something about the number of Techs we can learn, and I understood that; I just wanted some clarification on the Grid sizes.

Boy, things are looking pretty cool. It'll be pretty awesome when you bring the RPG back up too. Smile

- Cheetarius, Saphire Leader
MintMan

Member #1

Oct 9, 2004 15:07
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well, I guess I cannot get angry at yet another question post since you have been gone for so long... and did not use the scroll icon.

Your grid does grow as you level up. You start with spells at SL 2; even though you have the maximum of slotting a three-by-four grid, you do not have nearly enough techs available to fill it.

'Tis the filling the increases, not the size of the grid, per se. The actual grid increasing in size would require more bar or more spell levels, neither of which is ever going to happen.

I mean, if the spell levels increase anything beyond four, it would not really do anything. Because of bar recharge rates, if you had level five or higher techs, it would be an impossibly long time to ever get charge back up to them -- that ain't happenin'! SL 4 spells are (or should be) rarely used enough save at the beginning of a battle unless you want to muck around in the SL 1 range for a while.

The number of bars cannot increase because there is nothing left for a bar to represent! Magic is represented, physical is represented, and catch-all is represented. What is left? An entirely non-damaging bar? That would suck, and be very similar to special. An anything bar? Way too powerful.

I hammered NDR down from a five-by-five grid to a three-by-four grid with good reason, and it is a-stayin' there. So the lesson is... umm.... pie?
Zedd

Member #76

Oct 17, 2004 1:46
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

There appears to be a problem with Dai-Sho's Grid. When I click on the 'Set Grid' button, it comes up with the Grid-setting page. But with no list of spells/techs/skills. And, whenever I click on any of the buttons, it says 'Error on Page'...

- Zedd i Randir, Lord of the Storm

"So it is said that if you know yourself and know others, then you will not be imperilled in a hundred battles. If you know yourself, but do not know others, then you will win some and lose some. If you do not know yourself and do not know others, you will be imperilled in every battle" - The Silver Sparrow Art of War, Sun Tzu
MintMan

Member #1

Oct 17, 2004 2:26
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

* grumbles to self * Great, what stupid thing could you have possibly done to break it? I have safeguards up the wahzoo in this thing!

Welp, after logging into your account, I found... a-nuthing! All your grids worked fine for me.

Do you mind telling me, you know, anything about what led up to this error: from where you accessed the grid page, what you were trying to do when setting the grid or immediately before doing so, and maybe perhaps -- just maybe -- what sort of JavaScript error you even received? I mean, IE has this really nice feature where it will tell you everything about the error that occurs.
  You may not understand it, but I sure as Hel can... and I sorta need it, 'cause otherwise, this unduplicatable bug is sorta.... um... undebuggable.
Zedd

Member #76

Oct 17, 2004 16:52
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well, I just tried it on another computer and it worked fine. Darned computer-that-I-don't-know-what-I've-done-to-mess-up-IE on it... But it used to run RE okay. Anyhow, sorry for bothering you on that one. I really should have tried it on the other comp first...

Satsujinken, Katsujinken

[Editted by Zedd on Oct 17, 2004 16:53]
MintMan

Member #1

Oct 17, 2004 16:58

No, not really. I mean, RE should work for just about any computer (any computer that is running Windows, at least Boggle ). If it is not, that is seriously cutting into the amount of members BD can have.

Moreover, whatever caused it may have been a temporal flaw and not entirely related to which computer accessed it and thus require quite immediate attentions.

"Is that scotch?" - Nora
  "We're lawyers; what else?" - McCoy
Zedd

Member #76

Oct 18, 2004 4:29

No, I actually mean that the internet on my other computer is stuffed. I don't know how it happened, but it's either Javascript errors on pretty much every page on the other comp or having to refresh every page on this one, because it loads everything from the Temporary Internet Files. Time for an all-round reformat, methinks. The error says, by the way:

Line: 59
  Char: 1
  Error: Object expected
  Code: 0
  and then the URL for the site.

"...with enough training, you will be able to beat ten men with your spirit. When you have reached this point, will it not mean that you are invincible?" Go Rin No Sho, Miyamoto Musashi
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 25, 2024 3:05 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022