Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 19, 2024 17:12 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: MY TOURNAMENT IS ALL GONE!

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Ice

Member #46

Oct 8, 2004 16:24
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

WHERE DID YOU TAKE MY TOURNAMENT. JUST BECAUSE I WAS IN A BATTLE AND NOW IT'S ALL GONA AND SAYS I'M NOT PARTICIPATING. FIX IT DAMNIT MINTMANT.

°(o.o)° (c) Ethereal Enterprises, 2004
writer77

Member #4

Oct 8, 2004 17:32
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Um, okay?

I'm lookin' at the tourney page, right now, and unless there's someone else with a BD account who's name is Ice (and who somehow linked themselves to your BD account through your forum name), you're still in the tourney. I noticed something in my account, which I think is what you're talking about, and that's that it doesn't show me as currently active in a tourney. But I'm still enlisted, I think. Prolly just a bug of some kind, not a big deal.

Endless Horizon
  "It looks like I'm going to die as I have lived.... completely surrounded by morons!"
  -Bl. Mage
MintMan

Member #1

Oct 8, 2004 18:26
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

But... not really.

If you remember how tourneys work, the first day is the Scheduling Day. No battles take place on it. It simply exists to out all non-eligible members and to allow people to see whom there first match-up will be against.

So stop making stupid posts, stop talking in all caps, and thank-you Writer for actually taking the slightest bit of effort to know what is going on. * uses the technique Power on writer77 to give more to him *
Sword
Ice

Member #46

Oct 9, 2004 5:23
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Okay, sorry. I only did the above cause I knew that either (a) I really had gotten kicked out or something, and thus was properly whining or (b) this was just a really stupid question, and as such, I was increasing my noobishness of the question by presenting it as thus.

Either way, after the first day in a tourney, you are, in fact, supposed to see no active tourneys in your tab? That's where the issue arose.

MintMan

Member #1

Oct 9, 2004 8:26
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well, when in an actual match-up, a Tourney Fighter tab appears that holds your battle data, much like the Battle tab when actually engaged inside of battle.

It is all like "Oh nos!" See, before, there was only one page, and all it ever said is "Not in match-up." Now, there are multiple pages.... and apparently, I did not upload the stub page that said "No Match-Up".

Now I have up an individual scheduling page that shows all of one's activity for each day.
Ice

Member #46

Oct 9, 2004 9:38

Yeah, I was curious about that...

...is it possible that you could be scheduled more than one activity per day?

LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Oct 9, 2004 10:11
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Scheduled for more than one activity per day? If you mean >1 tournament, then that's a negative.

Say MintMan, I looked at my BD account about 10:00 PM last night and the battle was "started", although there were no actions - and at that time I could understand it. But now it's 7:10 AM my time, about nine hours after I last checked, and there still have not been any actions taken! Has the tourney been halted due to problems?

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush
MadGoblin

Member #2

Oct 9, 2004 10:16

It's nice when you ask questions you already know the answer to, git.

As stated at least twice in a topic a day or so ago that you actively participated in, you may not partake in two modes of the same type of fighting at the same time, largely due to the difficulty in distincting the two battles from each other in the code. So, DUH, you are not able to have to tourney bouts scheduled in the same day for that would be two of the same types of fighting types at the same time.
  You can set only one AI per day. What sense would it make if you could have two battles but only one AI? Please, Ice, think about these things a little before you go in your blatent attempts to up your post count. You're not fooling anyone Tongue Tongue

Then again, I can see why you'd ask that seeing how it lists all of a day's slots in the Tourney page saying that you don't have a match up but that once. But, you see, that's the problem. Ems messer'd up on that one thing, the obvious thing.

Anyhoo, a real question would be "Hey, Ems-git, why is the battle log for my current tourney battle not visible? It still links to [username]&battle, thus taking me to my current web battle instead of tourney bout. Also, Ems, why you gotta suck?"

Lair of Mad Goblin - Because sanity is a chore.
MintMan

Member #1

Oct 9, 2004 11:52

That's what you get when I only test a system with three debugging accounts; it worked fine for them, but not for more than that.

As for Eagle, ignore that. There were some bugging issues I was trying to get resolved.

Two days ago, tournaments worked fine. Then, for some reason, when the script was running today to initialize all battles, it kept freezing up in the middle. What was this reason? I don't know, but while trying to isolate the problem, it went away. I am assuming it was server related.

Anywho, after that and a tournament-log-disappearing fluke, everything went back on track. * uses the technique StoneSave on tournaments to keep more questions -- especially stupid ones that have been asked a thousand times before -- away from it * Now everything should be good... until prizes are handed out. That should be a big ol' round of not-fun!
Sword
boyachi

Member #92

Oct 9, 2004 14:45

Fighting valiantly to the top is its OWN prize! Do not bother with problematic items! The taste of Victory is sweet enough to soothe ones gullet.* uses the technique Guard since I know some people do not feel the same way *

The New Dawn has risen. Are you the one to unlock it?
Sword
Ice

Member #46

Oct 13, 2004 3:35

* uses the technique Curse *

That Tourney FAQ page still isn't up. I didn't pay attention to the old tourneys, either. How are prizes dished out? A relic per win, or a relic to the overall winner? And experience per win, or experience to the top? Also boyachi, you are dumb dumb. Everyone wants the prizes that come wiht being winner.

[edit]: Also, is there a reason why I was unable to change my grid and AI for my tournament in between bouts? I saw that I was fighting a 'tachi, so I tried changing the attack increases my attack with the one that increases my strike... I thought I had it set, but then I sa that during the battle, it was still the attack-increaser.

[Editted by Ice on Oct 13, 2004 9:22]
Sword
boyachi

Member #92

Oct 13, 2004 12:16

You see there is something called sarcasism.
  It is typical that people want something for winning, as you so blatantly pointed out, even if the prize is crap, as the case was, causing problems to the system.
  I don't think you are allowed to change your grid, that is why it asked you if you wanted to set the grid for the upcoming tourney, not the upcoming tourney battle. Twould be like entering a tournment as a shotokan fighter, and then switching to wrestling moves.* uses the technique Shair on Ice for not sensing sarcasism *

Sword
MadGoblin

Member #2

Oct 13, 2004 13:02

Wow, look at this, everyone *cough cough* Ice. Wait, was that suppose to be hidden in the coughs? Oooowell!

When you click on that there "Tourney" link at the BD main page, it takes you to the Tourney page, where you can choose to browse the current tourneys. Even more shocking, there's a list of the recently finished ones, and, upon clicking on it, it takes you to that tourneys page. Wow, I would have never thought that! And, when there, at a finished Tourney's page, at the end of all the battle logs is a obvious linked titled "See the Results of This Tournament". When you click, it, shock of all shocks that ever shocked a shock, tells you what everyone was awarded, being who, how much XP, and which relics.

And, yes, a lot of that was that "sarcasm" boyachi mentioned prior... YOU STOOOOPPOOOD!

If this made sense, I'm obviously not trying hard enough.
boyachi

Member #92

Oct 13, 2004 17:55

Hee Hee, apparently you can change your AI in tourneys.
  Why can't I use a lvl 1 tech four times in a row to begin with if it is the only one in its row? I think that kinda sucks that I can't do that, cuz sometimes I would like to stab people four times. Or raise my strength twice in a row.

MintMan

Member #1

Oct 13, 2004 18:24

I do believe it has been stated multiple times that you cannot change your grid for a tournament in the discussions of them.

You can change your AI -- both of them. You can change your Tournament Default AI, which is your AI for the entire tournament you are participating in, and your individual Current Match-Up AI for either your next or your current battle, once again, much like it was before.

"You know what burns me? Matches." - Jay London
Ice

Member #46

Oct 14, 2004 9:06

Alrighty, well, I was as would be obvious to someone who wasn't just trying to call me stoopid, I'm trying to figure out how tournament awarding works... before it is over. *sigh* Obviously I can't just go and look at the tournament results when I'm not done with the tournament.

So, yet again, would someone like to answer my question instead of being an ass about it?

*mutters*click on the goddamned tourney results...

* uses the technique Curse *

Sword
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 19, 2024 17:12 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022