Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Aug 25, 2019 21:24 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: Speed Increased to a Maximum!

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Camo

Member #5

Oct 4, 2004 23:12
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Perhaps an idea would be to have it so if a stat is increased to a maximum, then it skips a move if its sole purpose is to increase an already maxed stat.

Also if its maxed out, is it its stat x bonus or its stat + bonus, I'm really interested in what it does.

c*** me up scotty
MadGoblin

Member #2

Oct 5, 2004 1:51
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

A maxed out stat is just that. It could be that you've maxed its limit in upage (or downage) when it was already full (tho' I do believe this might be impossible due to the gradual return of stats to normal now, or something like that) or if it just touches the cap.

The thing about maxing stats is... don't. If you see that your speed is at a super high level already (indicated on that nifty color coded stat box whenever you check your battle), you can say, "Holy bo-jeezes! I should use another skill instead of that stat modifier" and be better off for it.

So, if you max out a stat, you're generally just wasting your time. You get no compensation for it, you just eat it.

And that's about all I can knowledgently answer, but I'll take a shot-in-the-dark-wrongness at what your other Q is and be horribly wrong for the fun of it!
  It would be Stat + Bonus, to my knowing. You can rise or fall ten places from where your stat naturally sits.

I know Ems is prolly just gonna come here and say, "Rarr! Gobbo stupid! He be smote by land now! I drink my own urine! Blarghle blarghle!" but, what the hell, right? Wavey Mouth

"You look good for someone who was hit by a car."
  "Thus being the only time ever that it can said that I 'look good'."
draggy1234

Member #97

Oct 5, 2004 17:10
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Oct 5, 2004 1:51, MadGoblin said:

So, if you max out a stat, you're generally just wasting your time. You get no compensation for it, you just eat it.

Probably except when maxing out agility causes one to miss with two penace attacks... Flat Mouth
MadGoblin

Member #2

Oct 5, 2004 17:17
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I obviously meant maxing when little or no actual stat change is obtained, hence meantioning the lack of compensation for doing thus. Dar. That was was pretty inferable, dudge-meister.

Lair of Mad Goblin - Because sanity is a chore.
MintMan

Member #1

Oct 5, 2004 19:13

Camo, it's your own frickin' fault.

I cannot stop someone from using it, for over-maxing still does something; just almost nothing. See, when your first boost wears off, the extra one that was a waste before stays around.
  Still don't do it.

Now, the problem is that you're a moron. You have to read, or at least pay attention. One DarkWing raises your speed eight points (two times the SL of four). A stat can be modified up or down from ten of the base. Whenever you log-in, you see a nice color-coded grid of what has happened.

Now, obviously, with something to the magnitude of DarkWing.... use it once. That is why you have three other techs beneath it in your bar.

It's called the FAQ. Try reading it.

Oh yeah, if the move was just skipped over as you suggest, you do realize that one of two things would have to happen:
  1) You would have to lose the energy for not using the tech, or
  2) You would not lose the energy for not using the tech, but consequently not recharge any energy, thus invalidating the entire AI you have just set.

[Editted by MintMan on Oct 5, 2004 21:18]
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Aug 25, 2019 21:24 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2019