Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 23, 2024 22:19 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: Links in the adoption page leading... nowhere?

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
msanis

Member #7

Oct 4, 2004 21:50
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

First time I checked out my account in a while (I was planning on joining a tournament), but then I realized that I had to set my grid for that. Well... I went ahead and clicked the link the said, "set grid" upon the page saying that. It lead nowhere. Thinking it was just a minor problem, I just went over to the adoption page and decided to fix it up from there. Well... low and behold all of the links on that page do not work. I can't even edit my account! It probably is my computer acting up or something... but I felt it might be a noteworthy problem. Any ideas as to what the problem may be?

...And the gods laughed maniacally upon the sight of the horrific suffering Apocalypse withstood...

[Editted by MintMan on Oct 5, 2004 19:14]
MintMan

Member #1

Oct 5, 2004 19:22
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I do not have the slightest clue; everything is working on the main page now.

I would say it was down-time, but then how the Hel did you make this post?

"I'm not smart enough to do everything, but I'm dumb enough to try anything." - Beast Boy
MadGoblin

Member #2

Oct 6, 2004 12:42
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Actually, the same thing happens to me, sometimes. It seems to only be a problem with the Javascript, probably due the that whole new fangled deal of it or something, messering up the old. ... I dunno, just mentioning how Sanis isn't as crazy as he seems, which is quite shocking.

It happened to me a few times once logged in, I couldn't check any pages but the main, and once or twice it happened when I was trying to set AI/Grid junk. Not much fun at all...

Tho', it always will work later Boggle Arg! Confusing! * uses the technique Strike on his noggin to get it back working *

"Turk, you just got schooled by the two whitest chicks in American!"
  "None of you can prove it, though."
  "I got it on tape!"
  ~ Scrubs. Pricless!
Sword
msanis

Member #7

Oct 11, 2004 22:55
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

*sigh...* I thought after waiting a while it might work, but to no avail. Not very lucky am I? Any ideas as to a remedy to this problem? Dead

The insignia of the Apocalypse engraved upon his blade. the day approaches...
MintMan

Member #1

Oct 12, 2004 18:12

... wait, you are still having the problem? Why the crap did you not, you know, say something? Like what the Hel you are exactly doing to trigger this problem?

I've logged into your account, and there is nothing wrong there. If something is going wrong, it is your computer, or it is something you are specifically doing, and the vague description of "no links work" will not help debug the problem in the slightest.
msanis

Member #7

Oct 13, 2004 18:07

Yea... I uh... probably should have said something earlier. Well... there really isn't much else to say other than "The links will not work"; 'cause that is simply what has been going on. I click on a link, it says it is loading for about a half-hour, and then nothing happens. This isn't a few links though... it is ALL of the links on that page.

...Perhaps it has something to do with Mozilla? Boggle

...And the gods laughed maniacally upon the sight of the horrific suffering Apocalypse withstood...
MintMan

Member #1

Oct 13, 2004 18:38

Wait, Mozilla? Mozilla???

Said on the frickin' main page:
Best viewed with Internet Explorer

It's there for a reason. Aside from horribly screwing up the layout, non-IE browsers are simply not powerful enough to execute RE's JavaScripts let alone just about any JavaScript game on-line.

I mean, MS invented JavaScript (not the original LiveScript that was made for Netscape, but the actual name of JavaScript and a Hel of a lot of its functionality, including stuff now accepted by W3C).

The links ain't workin' because Mozilla cannot do about half of the things needed at even the most basic level. I mean, it complains about submitting forms from links for reasons I cannot even beging to understand. The Hel is with that?

If you are using RE, use IE. I am working on trying to get at least the layout and fora compatible with Mozilla because I do like Mozilla, but I am realistic. There is no way to make on-line games with any decency/DHTML and have it compatible with Mo'.
msanis

Member #7

Oct 15, 2004 22:45

I see...

Well... that um... explains alot. Nervous

Still though... I hate opening IE 'cause I always get a few octillian popups. Damm cheap companies... Slanted Mouth

Why do I do this to myself?!?!
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 23, 2024 22:19 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022