Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Aug 23, 2019 16:06 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: Challenge Issue

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
Ice

Member #46

Oct 3, 2004 13:22
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Alrighty, so I went in and finally adopted a new familiar, and went to go challenge lscorer, just to find out that ...oops... can't.

I dunno if you're just changing the page or something, but whenever I click on the "CHALLENGE!" button, it comes back with a "This Page Cannot Be Displayed" error page.

(o.o) (c) Ethereal Enterprises, 2004
draggy1234

Member #97

Oct 3, 2004 13:24
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

You're not the only one with this problem right now. From prior experience, I think MM is uploading stuff to BD right now.
MintMan

Member #1

Oct 3, 2004 13:49
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well that was a wierd'un.

See, I made a change to the valor-system last night because I thought I solated the error that was causing valor loss to occur when challenged and not when challenging. It might have turned out that I did nothing.

At any rate, I was looking at that change to find the error; the debugger was not giving me much help. Well, as it turns out, there was and update I did about a week ago that I never even uploaded (and really should have), and that was the source of all evils, but I had entirely forgot about it, so I was banging my head for no real good reason.

And congrats on the Tatz, although I thought you were holding out for an ice monster or a Ryu.

At any rate, now hounding is going to reconcentrate on VoP and Draggy. * fabricates a PointedStick to shake at and threaten Draggy with *
Sword
draggy1234

Member #97

Oct 3, 2004 14:05
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hounding? Wait, what exactly are you talking about?

* uses the technique Guard as the situation looks threatening *
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Oct 3, 2004 14:12
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hounding to adopt a new creature, of course.

I was on Ice for the longest time to get himself a new monster as he was one of the highest leveled peoples, and now that both he and Thacarious have a Tatzelwurm and Ryu, respectively, you and Evenfall are the only level twenty-plus creature-keepers that do not have a second one, so a-houndin' abound! * uses the technique Mallet on draggy1234 with a pointedstick to make good on his defense *

"Is he dead?" - Brak
  "He was when I killed him." - Zorak
Sword
draggy1234

Member #97

Oct 3, 2004 18:06

Why do you want us to adopt a second creature?
MadGoblin

Member #2

Oct 3, 2004 19:40

Generally, Ems wishes that since most people stop being active at the later levels. When you're a fresh, new monster, you have a lot more opprotunity for opponents than a level 20 monster. For example, most everything at the upper levels is a or a . This gives people like my KamaItachi the same choice given to the Argonauts: Scylla or Chyrabdis. Joy, death by all means. Seeing how the point of BD is play, figh, and be merry, any stopping of that would quickly crush the games purpose and make us all cry like little girls hit with glass bottles.

Plus, as you battle you're way up with a new monster, you simultaniously keeping others active and raising their level. This creates a cyclic flow of death prevention at BD Tongue

Why be sane? ... 'Cuz you're stupid! That's why!
Ice

Member #46

Oct 5, 2004 24:53
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

* mutates an Experience *

I really wish I had paid attention earlier about the whole learning and s***. As it stands now, I need 20 experience points and don't know how to get them, short of battling someone else. And I wanted to get to level 2 before challenging someone. Oh well.

Also, I still wanted another ice monster, but I figure I'll wait for one with some strong points instead of something balanced to come out. I generally do better with someone I can hound with rather than not. Just my style, I suppose. Maybe when I get up to around the level to adopt another I'll make my own monster and adopt it.

Oh right, is there a simple way to gain about 20 XP other than fighting someone? Cause I want to have a high win ratio, not a low one. (Well, yeah, everyone does...)

Sword
MadGoblin

Member #2

Oct 5, 2004 2:04

The only ways I can say to get yer XP are:
  • Battle
  • Site Hits
  • Tourney Fighting

But, as a side note, why would you NOT want to fight at level 1, exactly? That's the time I wish I could fight because its so easy to do. Everyone's stupid at that level and are easy to take advantage of. It's two fights you'll never get a chance to get again, as is each level. In passing them up, you are permentantly hurting yourself.

Why would you not want to fight? Is there some sort of factor that makes you weaker than everyone else who is level 1? Not that I've heard of, unless Ems instituted some unspoken "Screw Ice Over in Lv 1 BD Battles Roffle Roffle" law, which is just plain crazy.

* my head a splode * Dead

Onos! PBM! Pheer'd!

Ice

Member #46

Oct 5, 2004 4:03

Well now that you mention it... I think I do remember the Anti-Ice rule that came into effect when Ems decided to change the Hrimfaxi's from light to dark and stole our confusion inducing move.

But seriously, I don't feel like trying to figure out which Lv. 1's are active and which aren't and the Battle board doesn't have any decent ones.

MadGoblin

Member #2

Oct 5, 2004 9:59

But, that's the beauty part. If they are level one, they would have to have just signed up, meaning they would have a list of techs.

No list of techs learned = inactive monster. This works, too, for later levels, but is a dead on tell for those Lv. 1.

If this made sense, I'm obviously not trying hard enough.
MintMan

Member #1

Oct 5, 2004 19:20

According to the tourney listing, there are a ton of active low-levels.

Yes, the low-levels do quite rock. You can pack a lot of easy fights away then. Hey, you can even fight a level two person; there is very little difference.

If you really want to, tho', you can just place 'im on your site via switching your active monster. I would recommend against this, however, as you would not be getting any training whatsoever... and that would quite the suck.

And what exactly do you mean high hit ratio? Your Strike ain't going up any time soon. Your next boost is at level five.

"You know what burns me? Matches." - Jay London
boyachi

Member #92

Nov 3, 2004 24:56

I challenged someone and then after ten days, I gave up, and decided to fight Camo. Then a few moments ago, I read the cancellation over ten days email, even though I cancelled it. I go to check the progress of the battle with Camo...and it is gone, it isn't even in the battle log...what happened?* uses Focus to try to decide if there was even a chance of winning the cancelled match. *

The New Dawn has risen. Are you the one to unlock it?
Sword
Camo

Member #5

Nov 3, 2004 2:20

Pffft, of course I won.

If you read this sig you should buy Camo a beer
boyachi

Member #92

Nov 3, 2004 11:36

Battlelog said:

Slasher_Bloodrinker uses Bite. Stuviathan is hit by the attack. Stuviathan uses Regal. Stuviathan's Strength was increased. Slasher_Bloodrinker has won the battle.

All I am going to say is "WHAT!?"
  Oh, and: Curse you and your round about ways of winning! Tongue
  But seriously..."WHAT!?"

My side is dead, my beliefs have been forgotten, my youth has left me and my innocence was slaughtered infront my eyes. Why should I care when it is only my life on the line?
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Nov 3, 2004 17:49
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Isn't this similar to FoxMcBlur's over-heal kill?

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "Border relations between Mexico and Canada have never been better." -President Dubya

MintMan

Member #1

Nov 3, 2004 19:35

Your entire situation confuses me.

Why the fight kicked is beyond me; it could be like the overheal if life was involved, but it is not.

I am thinking it has some other, sinister motive. It could also have to do with that wretched daylight savings time, which although it should not have done anything, I think my server hit some sort of strange crash. That is why the Halloween tourneys started late.

Anyway, I'll reverse it for now and try to root the fault later.
Camo

Member #5

Nov 4, 2004 24:33

No, RE just knows how I must win, as I am better, so by default I've already won every battle that is to occur....
  Maybe it was just like S***erica voting? It knew I was more popular, so just threw the win to me?

c**t me up scotty
draggy1234

Member #97

Dec 14, 2004 15:48

Since I just challenged someone and found out this problem, here it goes.

When I go to change my AI after sending the challenge (with the grid already the way I want), when I click "clear" the AI clears, but the grayed out buttons don't highlight back. They relight up once I start pushing the other buttons but...that's not the kind of AI I want.

EDIT: Well, I got the AI to the way I wanted after a little tinkering. Apparently, the main problem is the buttons not resetting after clicking the clear button.

[Editted by draggy1234 on Dec 14, 2004 15:53]
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 14, 2004 19:17

Clear is broken for IE? That don't make a lick of sense! I just fixed it to work for Mozilla, and whatever works for it should also work for IE.

Huh, it would have helped if you would have mentioned the glaring JavaScript error that kills the script instantly. Just so you know, those are bad.

Okay, that's fixed. * gives draggy1234 a virtual Cookie for his troubles *

"Alcoholism is a disease, but it is the only disease you can get yelled at for having." - Mitch Hedberg
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
Aug 23, 2019 16:06 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2019