Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 25, 2024 2:35 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: uh oh spaghetti O

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3 
MintMan

Member #1

Oct 6, 2004 18:35
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

You know, you were able to battle and tourney at the same time in DNA; why would I change it?

Any changes made are only for the better now, or batter even. Mmmm, batter.

Less errors, multiple default AIs... I would not take something away like that, nor would I be able to as restricting simultaneous battle and tourney participation would put such a stress on BD that I would dare not think even restricting the two would be possible, or only possible with about a thousand lines of exception-handling code.
draggy1234

Member #97

Oct 6, 2004 21:02
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Wow, Hithop lost against Ripper Nomercy and still gained 5 valor from the battle! How cool is that? Big Smile
MintMan

Member #1

Oct 6, 2004 21:31
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

D'oh! That was mussered too? Why did valor suddenly start acting up so much? I got everything from the old code where did not fluke up nearly as much (until M4, but I did not use those parts).

I am doing the same stuff for tourneys, so let us hope no new problems crop up, shall wes?

Hooray! A reason to use the D'oh face! I know it was added for a reason!
Ice

Member #46

Oct 7, 2004 1:24
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

A random question... Can you have one familiar in a tourney and the other be in a one on one battle?

°(o.o)° (c) Ethereal Enterprises, 2004
MadGoblin

Member #2

Oct 7, 2004 10:31

Let me answer that Q, Ai... um... Ais? ... damn your inability to nick name!

* uses the technique AcridBlazer on Ice , yelling "Of course you can... STOOPOOD!!! *

People did it before, Ems said he wouldn't change something like that, and that it would involve a ton of exception handling. He wouldn't go out of his way to restrict people from doing something fun like battles, now. In fact, the only reason you can't have two of the same type of battles going on is the large amount of programming and resources it would take to handle the two at once.

That, or Ems is a git, either/or.

If you really believe in something, with all your heart, you're prolly just really wasted.
Sword
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Oct 7, 2004 17:52
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Der...didn't I just ask that same question, Ice?

* uses the technique FireSlice on Ice to melt him for his stupidity *

New question: Is it ever practically possible to set your grid up in such a manner that it may be possible not to be able to initiate a move because everything is taken up by skills? According to my calculations, it is impossible if you rule out slotting two skills in the same bar.

Then again, it seems that this version of BD has been well thought out, so I'm guessing that you probably saw that as well and that in theory, no matter how stupidly your grid is set up, there will always be at least one tech/spell that may be used.

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Oct 7, 2004 19:04

'Tis impossible. I ensured it. You should know better than to ask that.

That is the reason you can only slot one skill in every bar as well as only one non-damaging Relic in every bar.

And yes, you can have a monster in both a tourney and a battle, whether or not it is the same monster or not. I do not see what that would have to do with anything.

And yes, pie is tasty.
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Oct 7, 2004 21:22
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

What does pie have to do with BD?

Notices Entropy eating a virtual pie

Oh, I see.

By the way, I've seen some really low-level BD members who have relics. I thought relic-getting was limited to tournaments only, and these new members don't seem to have the experience to have been around for longer than since BD:DNA was removed.

...Or have I lost my sanity?

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush
MintMan

Member #1

Oct 7, 2004 21:49

Definant sanity loss.

Low level means nothing, especially to those to whom tournaments was the only aspect of Battling Dragons. They have not only been around a long time as to enlist in DNA, but they also prolly got some of the free bonus relictude from the hand-outs that come by whenever new relics are introduced.
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Oct 8, 2004 15:08
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Random question: Where did my tankard go to! I haven't logged on for about a week and it's just not there anymore. I had it last time I checked, and it wasn't accidently used in my last battle. Did it just get up and walk away or just poof vanish?
MintMan

Member #1

Oct 8, 2004 18:35

That... is a very good question. Are you sure that you did not use it?

The most probable explanation is that I did not put a number of relics that Usagi actually had, and when next your relics had to be calculated, it was removed because the number was taken to be zero.
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Oct 9, 2004 15:36
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Okay... I think I understand. It somehow said that Usagi had zero tankards instead of one. D'oh Whatever. Thanks for fixing it.
Lunar_Mage

Member #148

Oct 10, 2004 1:28
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I just checked the current tourney results, and the ones for tourneys First through Third Dawn of a new age seem to have an awful lotta extra battle logs for some members. And those are some weird members in the Third Dawn tourney. Boggle Was that tourney a flop without enough members, and didn't get deleted right?

"I'm sharpening my knife, kupo!" - Moguo, FFIX
MadGoblin

Member #2

Oct 10, 2004 10:01

Funny, Mage, I, too, saw that oddity. Thing is, tho', that was hours ago. That hadn't been a problem for some time now, I do believe. In fact, I think I mentioned somethings about its in me last post in another topic.

Point is, 'tis taken care of now, so you can return to drunkeningly partaking in battle like a normal person. And make sure to set your AI to non-damaging skills when you fight me. That is a BD secret that instantly lets you win Tongue

If you're reading this right now, it means I'm raiding your fridge. Sucker!
MintMan

Member #1

Oct 10, 2004 10:16

Oh, right.... that thing. I knew there was a forum post I was supposed to respond to.

Thing is, yes, it did happen hours ago, and then it did go away. Problem is, it came back again. Apparently, some of the errant stub rooms that by from that previous error mentioned were not deleting themselves, and such things were creating empty battle logs and a lot of trouble for everyone.

That is what I gathered, at least. Worry not. I crushed the bug. I crushed it like... um.... a bug. * flexes coding muscle (his only muscle) as he uses the technique OxStrong *

Anyway, it is ten o' clock right now, and a lot of tourney matches are already ended! All of yesterday was done before the eve, too and that was without even running right on the hour. I am seriously thinking of either slowing down the fights, or perhaps starting them at a later time than midnight, like six or something.
Sword
draggy1234

Member #97

Oct 10, 2004 13:03
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

My battle log currently says:

Begin battle between draggy1234's Hithop and Camo's Ripper Nomercy! Hithop carries draggy1234 into the battle.

Care to explain what this means?
MintMan

Member #1

Oct 10, 2004 13:14

Umm... you should know. You are the one the slotted Ferry, after all.

The Skills page says:

Ferry
  This skill represents a creature's ability to act as a mount or carry a rider.

Did you even read what your skill did? I mean, you would think that it would be sorta important.

[Editted by MintMan on Oct 10, 2004 13:15]
Camo

Member #5

Oct 10, 2004 19:29
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hehe, I should slot that one, doesnt it up your HP or something?
  I have more skill points but theres no more skills to learn Tongue
  Is there special ways to earn more skills?

c*** me up scotty
MintMan

Member #1

Oct 10, 2004 19:39

No, no there is not.

Learning more skills would require an infinite number of techs to be made. Take you, for example. Every five wins you get, another tech becomes learnable.

Creatures operate under the assumption of getting one tech every two levels; the wins are bonuses, as far as game mechanics are concerned. At the highest number of wins, Ripper can almost learn all Nidhogg's tech and skill list by virtue of wins alone -- not even taking into account its level!

I am trying to think of universal, near-wastes of time that creatures could learn, but I would need a way to ensure n00bs did not waste there slotness on them as they would be highly stylized.
draggy1234

Member #97

Oct 11, 2004 18:19

Ah...I see now about Ferry. I only knew what it did from the description on the learn techniques page.
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3 
Apr 25, 2024 2:35 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022