Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Aug 25, 2019 20:38 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: uh oh spaghetti O

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3 
Camo

Member #5

Oct 1, 2004 1:32
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Ripper has been challenged, and I havnt allowed him to learn anything yet, and like, I can go to change grid stuff, but cant set it cause I need to learn some level 1 techs, I could let Slasher learn techs and stuff, but Ripper cannot. Ripper is my inactive monster at the moment.

c*** me up scotty
MintMan

Member #1

Oct 1, 2004 18:17
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

... um... so?

I know you have been out of a lot of the NDR stuff, so let me tell you this: there is no such thing as an inactive creature anymore as it used to be. You just have a creature displayed on your web site and at initial log-in; all creatures are available to use in battle now, thus why they can be challenged.

To learn techs, go to View Creature. It is assumed that people already have techniques; this is one of the problems with NDR. People are not setting there stuff.

Once at View Creatures, you will see something you have probably seen many-a-time before: View Ripper Nomercy. Click.

Shock, gasp, lo and behold! You can learn techs with him! It also looks like you have some Boosts coming Ripper's way; you really did not prep him at all, did you?

Learn techs. Accept the challenge. Stomp Lieutenant Eagle for thinking that he could take on a 'Hogg that many levels above his own.

(Psst, pack Claw into your Grid and use it often.)
Camo

Member #5

Oct 1, 2004 19:28
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Ooooh, I think I sorta get it (Probobly not) havnt seen any glitches in BD for a long time now Tongue

Battles begining....

LETS DO THIS!

c*** me up scotty
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Oct 2, 2004 10:15
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Dude...Camo!

Did you forget to slot your spells or what? I mean, I fully expected the battle to begin with DarkWing, ShadowBlast, and Tear. And that's some bad luck you have there with Claw missing me twice.

But seriously...with your Drake attacks and the Draconic-kills-Bestial advantage, you should have no problem.

Also - according to my battle info, your Devour did only 4 damage to FoxMcBlur. I'm pretty sure it was Devour because it's the only attack that has hit me yet.

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush
MintMan

Member #1

Oct 2, 2004 14:35
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Okay, first of all, he hit you with something before Devour.

Second, it probably did do more than four damage (as that would require the tech to actually be ineffective against you), but there was a but I never caught that actually allowed for healing above max life... to an extent. That is why some of those Hydra battles went on for so long Dead All done away with now.

The other thing you have to remember is that you cannot really gauge how much damage you are being caused with all the healing you are also doing. Trying the all-skills approach again, eh? Well, let us hope your Agility holds out for you some more.

I did not mean for you to use Claw right away, Camo, but 'tis prolly better that you did; you would have just missed with a Tear otherwise, and that would truly suck.

And what do you mean glitch in BD? There is no glitch! You just forgot to set your techs!
  At any rate, I have added a special override for those two do not have any techs whatsoever to see a special link when they log-in to the battle page, thus making those guys who don't have their stuff set much easier to fight... because they won't not-respond out of confusion of where there techs are.
Camo

Member #5

Oct 2, 2004 17:40

Yeah, I know its not a glitch, I'm saying you HAVN'T had a glitch in BD that I've found for a damn long time.
  I got no idea what I'm doing on BD, yet to read anything on the new setup, just chose a bunch of skills and stuff.

c*** me up scotty
draggy1234

Member #97

Oct 2, 2004 19:21
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

WOW! BREAKING BD BATTLE LOG NEWS!!!

From the battle log:

FoxMcBlur uses Healer. FoxMcBlur's regains life. FoxMcBlur tends to its own wounds. Ripper Nomercy uses Pinion. FoxMcBlur avoids the attack. FoxMcBlur uses Recovery. FoxMcBlur's regains life. FoxMcBlur tends to its own wounds. Ripper Nomercy has won the battle.

So, if I got this right, FoxMcBlur healed itself and then Ripper Nomercy won because of that? Big Smile
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Oct 2, 2004 21:16
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

What the heck!!!!!!!!!

MintMan, what in the name of the Mjolnir is going on? And I demand that the XP and win/loss be revoked for this battle, because this is some kind of glitch (unless I missed something).

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush
MintMan

Member #1

Oct 2, 2004 21:28

Oh carp. I knew exactly what this was as soon as I saw it, and problem solved.

Okay, here's the deal. Remember how I said there was a problem in which healing could actually heal over max life? Well, because of that bug, I guess I never actually saw what happened when excessive life was achieved....

... and what is achieved is an undefined variable, thus setting Fox's life to zero, losing him the match.

You just had to say something about bugs, didn't you, Camo?
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Oct 3, 2004 1:07

So, like...when is this going to be fixed? I really don't want to lose every time I overheal.

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush
MintMan

Member #1

Oct 3, 2004 4:17

Um, do the words "problem solved" in the first sentence of my last post mean much of anything to you?

.... it's fixed. Whenever a bug is reported, it is fixed right away. Otherwise, I would not bother responding. What would I be saying? "Hey, you guys are screwed!"

"You know what burns me? Matches." - Jay London
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Oct 3, 2004 11:12

I'm sorry - when I speed read, I miss the most important aspects.

By the way, MintMan, are you going to reintroduce LV20 - LV25 tournaments again?

Also, regarding tournaments, it says somewhere on the tournaments page that "level does not matter". What does this mean, that all creatures are equated? (I would read the FAQ but it still says that tourneys haven't been introduced.)

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush
MintMan

Member #1

Oct 3, 2004 13:57

Oh snap! That's what I forgot! The FAQ!

Um, yeah, Eagle. Of course level doesn't matter. It never did for tournaments. That is why your HP rarely started full and how level-variant battle could be fair. I mean, why else would a level-ten monster join a 10-14 match if it would be entering with an obvious disadvantage?

Another thing stated quite frequently during the release of NDR is that the new system was made entirely geared for tournaments. Since your stats now stay relatively constant, all that needs to change for tournaments is life, which is set at an average between the two opponent's levels.
  There might be a boost or a few techs difference between contenders, but other than that, they are on even ground. There technically could (and will) be a tournament spanning all levels, and while this one would have a slight bit of bias to it, a level fifteen monster could hold his own quite well against the likes of Entropy!

High-level tourneys always have a chance to return, Eagle. This is just the first round of them. To ensure that as many as possible fill up, I cut out the higher-levels for the first round. Anyone who is up there also has another little guy down there and will be able to fill up the lower ranks quite nicely to ensure that no tourneys get canceled.
  I wanted to make a six-deep tourney, but the notifications were not working for some odd reason. I still have the old alert list, so that is going to wake up a whole lotta people during the next flop.
Camo

Member #5

Oct 4, 2004 6:46

HAHAHA, I WIN CAUSE YOUR TOO HEALTHY!

c*** me up scotty
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Oct 4, 2004 18:33

Camo, shall I challenge you again? Actually, I think that'll be a bad idea considering the fact that Ripper Nomercy is a Drake now, and all the Draconic spells will um...kill me quickly.

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush
MintMan

Member #1

Oct 4, 2004 18:55

Is a drake... now? Ripper has been a drake for quite some time, Eagle. What exactly are you talking about? 'Tis the second drake in this era of BD, in fact.

The Draconic spells ain't new, either; Tear has always been there. * uses the technique OxDumb in an attempt to understand LE's words, but gets tired and decides to eat a pie instead.... mmmm... pie.... mmmm... long RP text *
Sword
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Oct 5, 2004 24:40

Yes, I know that Ripper has been a Drake for some time. I put in the word "now" because I wasn't thinking.

Then again, I never think, so that's nothing new to you guys.

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush
MadGoblin

Member #2

Oct 5, 2004 1:58

Asides from that, I think Lwty technically meant "spell" as in "magic based attacking."

Lil' 'tachi would take on the big, bad 'Hogg back on the day with some chance of winning, but if you get Nid's Arcane and boost that with type affectiveness, that's just double-dipped death, as opposed to the single dipped kind that our Kama were able to work off at the gym.

... great, now I'm hungry for things that are dipped Lick

If you really believe in something, with all your heart, you're prolly just really wasted.
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Oct 5, 2004 22:45

Can we still engage in battle even during a tournament? I really feel like challenging MG's Kamaitachi. 'twould be an interesting match, everything being evaded and all, y'know?

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush
MadGoblin

Member #2

Oct 6, 2004 12:15

Yeah, you can still tourney and battle. I should know, I've signed up for a tourney while in a battle and submitted for another battle while signed up for the tourney.

The only thing that Ems' stops is fighting two of the same ways at once, ie: two of your own monsters in a web battle or two partaking in a tourney.

Heh. Good luck trying to challenge me! Flop-Hop's got all my attention. Musha's put on ice for the time being until some snaklies get more up there Wink

Why be sane? ... 'Cuz you're stupid! That's why!
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3 
Aug 25, 2019 20:38 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2019