Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Aug 23, 2019 16:29 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: BDv4 Problems

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Aug 30, 2004 17:07
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

With quite a bit of help I have been able to set the grid for my active creature, Usagi the Miraj bunny. I am just not having any luck with Artimis's grid. I checked with my sister and explained how I did the bunny's grid, but hers won't work either. I can get in all of the level one spells, but after that it won't let me set it. When I try to it just says "The highest leveled tech in every bar must be a spell; otherwise, you may only have a Lvl 1 tech slotted to that bar." I'm pretty sure that being the level that they are, they shouldn't have to use all level 1 attacks. I know I must be doing something wrong, but no matter how I switch it around it won't work. Somebody please help me. Crying

Less significantly, I haven't been able to see Artimis on my website. The code is just the same as ever, but she is gone.

Besides all of that, when are the tournaments going to to be back? Also I got to the battle board through the FAQ, but the total exp was shown in place of the level. That could be why it wasn't linked from the main BD page. Nervous
MintMan

Member #1

Aug 30, 2004 19:59
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Dangit! I had the BB linked to their, too?

I took it down because I am going to be re-working it to display a full list of members even if some of them are in a challenge. I keep forgetting that I linked to it everywhere...

Tournaments come right after Relics and Skills are implemented. They should not be hard, although the latter will be Dead

And yes, despite Artimis's level, it should still know Level One techniques. No matter what level you are, you need to have them. They are the only things that can be slotted at the first energy levels on your grid.
  That is why everything else is getting blacked out and it is forcing you to select Level One techs to learn.
  No error here.

As for the archive script, that is probably some fishy business... of me never re-uploading the fixed archive script. I should get on that.

EDIT: Two S-Mouths in a row? Time to bring back the classic slant!

[Editted by MintMan on Aug 30, 2004 20:00]
boyachi

Member #92

Aug 31, 2004 22:29
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yeah, you know there is problems if I am posting in this section of the forums.
  I cannot get A SINGLE grid configuration to work. Don't blame this on me, I'm sure other people where doing stuff days before I was.
  I made sure that the highest stuff on each bar was a spell, and the lowest were level ones, but no that didn't work, so I put my highest stuff at lvl4
  lvl1tech spell - - to lvl1tech - - spell
  SO that did not work either... what do I do?* uses the technique Rain of sadness *

The New Dawn has risen. Are you the one to unlock it?

[Editted by boyachi on Aug 31, 2004 22:30]
Sword
Zedd

Member #76

Sep 5, 2004 2:06
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I am currently in a battle (using Shugenja) against Silver_ketchum's Valefor. Take a look at this...

Valefor uses Bray. Shugenja's Strength decreased slightly. Shugenja uses Flipper. Valefor is blasted by the assault.

It appears that, with my 17 strength onto his 20 defence, I managed to get a Blasted result... With a Marine Physical attack? Now It could just be my years of Dai-Sho never getting above a Wounded result (I can understand that), but this seems... Weird. I expected to do a lot of damage to it with Breath, but not Flipper...

- Zedd i Randir, Lord of the Storm

"...with enough training, you will be able to beat ten men with your spirit. When you have reached this point, will it not mean that you are invincible?" Go Rin No Sho, Miyamoto Musashi
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Sep 5, 2004 10:27
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Incidentally, is it a glitch or was it meant to be that the valor of both familiars should now be equal? Because FoxMcBlur dropped from 58 to 54 valor.

Also, Asfaloth lost 1 valor from fighting Zed, even though ACCEPTING lower-level challengers isn't supposed to drop valor!

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush

EDIT: I just looked at Fox's stats and - what? My training %s are down to single digits!!!! I had them at 100% like, not too long ago? Or do they deteriorate if you don't practice them for a while?

[Editted by LieutenantEagle on Sep 5, 2004 12:47]
writer77

Member #4

Sep 5, 2004 15:44
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I think Minty reset all of the practice percentages when 4.0 came out. Probably 'cause it was so easy to get the percentages up before, and now it's not so easy.

Anyhow, I assume that's what you're talking about.

Endless Horizon
  "It looks like I'm going to die as I have lived.... completely surrounded by morons!"
  -Bl. Mage
draggy1234

Member #97

Sep 6, 2004 20:44
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I don't know if this is actually a problem, but I thought this was something curious. At the start of Hithop's battle with FoxMcBlur, Hithop got the first action off even though its speed was lower than FoxMcBlur's. Does it have something to do with using a nonoffensive action?
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 9, 2004 19:18

No, first actions are not buffered for speed, although they should be. 'Tis one of those things I am supposed to be working on.

Problem comes because both monsters are ushered in with the same needed initiative in order to act. Easily handled by subtracting a creature's speed from their timing... probably.

Eagle, all yer q's were handled long ago. Practice ratings were reset based on level (based on distance from mod-ten). Damage ratings are just different sounding now. It is much easier to blast someone 'cause it was lowered from, like, thirty-five percent to about eight. I had to move percentages around for higher levels; now lower levels get some crazy sounding stuff to them!
draggy1234

Member #97

Sep 11, 2004 8:32
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

There was one thing about Hithop's battle with FoxMcBlur that seemed kind of odd to me. I remember once checking up on the battle twice, and in that gap, Hithop used a shadowburner. I'm pretty sure I saw Hithop's life go down by 10-something while in a purplish color, but Hithop wasn't hit by any other offensive techniques in that gap. Slanted Mouth

Also, I could always point out some mechanical errors for you to fix in the battle log if you ever want to make any small updates to NDR. Big Smile
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Sep 12, 2004 1:08

You must have probably miscalculated then...or Fox put in a quick Bite in there or something.

By the way, were you actually down to danger level? For some reason, I have the feeling that in all my battles, I barely hurt my opponents. Probably that's because I don't actually have the exact numbers of how much damage is dealt.

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 12, 2004 1:28

Yeah, well, exact numbers really take the creative feel out of the game and turn into a mathmatic nightmare like PBS. That stuff ain't no fun. That is why I even took numbers out of the spells; they never meant anything to the players. Verbal descriptions bode so much better.

I mean, values are randomized and stats are altered; if you knew the exact damages, 'twould help you none. Besides, how frickin' boring would a numbered log be. "Hithop uses ShadowBurner. Asfaloth receives 28 damage." Gar! Numbers poppin' outta the enemy style, man. Not... cool.

As for your mystery-damage, somethings gotta be up with that, like the page being cashed when first you visited, thus the damage not showing up. Damage cannot just happen in BD. You can get life back spontaneously, but never lose it.
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Sep 12, 2004 9:40
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I have another problem for you. I just finished battling Artimis against Ash10's Grasspoke. The thing is that my practice rating didn't go up. Unless Grasspoke had another BD4 battle before this the practice ratings went up for him... at first I thought it could be because Artimis was my inactive familar, but it counted as a win. Anyway, the practice rating is messed up... or Artimis is...
draggy1234

Member #97

Sep 12, 2004 12:34

Yeah LE, Hithop was down to the red during its battle with FoxMcBlur. I guess most of the thanks for that goes to the slashes that seemed to be doing the most damage.
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 12, 2004 13:50

Yeah, a wind attack is just what the Kama ordered to take on a Dragon. I mean, its magicks are not gonna do anything against a 'Hogg.

.... except for Gust, possibly.

At any rate, your practice was not supposed to go up. Ya hea'd me! This is the primary problem of gettin' all yer learnin' from the forums instead of through the normal channels -- the FAQ.

Said in teh FAQ:
You can only train up all of your spells by so much every level.

And there ya have it, folks. See, you are already maxed out in your a-learnin' for Arti's level. In fact, every monster was just about maxed out for their learning when NDR was released.

Th exact amount of training you can do per level is:
  (Practice1%)^2 + (Practice2%)^2 + (Practice3%)^2 <= 1200

And if you do some quick mathilies, that is twenty percent in each spell each level, or thirty-four percent in one spell alone. As you can see, it is best to spread the wealth.

Hey, now that practice actually means something, I should make some sort of practicing relic! That'd be the way to get up spells like Dewfall for sure...
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Sep 12, 2004 15:42

*whips out TI83+* Oh! That would make more sense now. That would explain why Usagi's practice rating only went up to 34%... so now I just have to get them to level up... I should reread the FAQ... I should also finish doing my homework. Dead Thanks MintoMan
draggy1234

Member #97

Sep 12, 2004 17:43

MM, how did you get Zig to use rebuke in our battle? Isn't rebuke a lvl 3 technique, and aren't all of Zig's spells lvl 3s as well?
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 12, 2004 23:44

Um... yeah?

Try reading the FA... well, the Grid Set page. You can slot a technique in any slot of equal or greater level than it.

Therefore, spells may be slotted in the level four spot despite being level three; they are still level three in strength but require four energy levels to use since that is where they are slotted.
  Really, man! It is all right there on the page! I know you had to have seen it since you have to scroll down to see the actual setting form.
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Sep 13, 2004 24:36

Incidentally, the same thing holds true for Asfaloth. Alicorn, Legendary, and Bellow are all LV3 attacks, so I slotted them to power level 4 to be able to use my LV3 techs.

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush
draggy1234

Member #97

Sep 13, 2004 16:45

Oh...well at least now I learned something new about the NDR battle system. Big Smile

Anyway, I'm curious about something else. Know how castings and banishments increase with your arcane and virtue, and the opponent's virtue and arcane, respectively? Does the user's stats affect the damage done more than the opponent's stats, the other way around, or the same?
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 13, 2004 19:18

Why yes they do! In the old BD, it didn't... and that is why I ultimately rid the game of banishment and combined all attacks into casting as Arcane-over-Virtue.

However, now it works much, much, smoother:

[ (user.arcane x 2 + target.virtue) / 3 ] / target.arcane

... and vice versa for Banishment.
  So, you see that the attacker's stat effects the damage twice as much as the defender's.

Also, realize that it isn't flat-out division that goes into the stat differentiation anymore. 'Tis a strange, subtraction-division-averaging combination that makes people wet their pants should they dare hear it Boggle
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Aug 23, 2019 16:29 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2019