Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Aug 24, 2019 8:11 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: Levelling

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
Ice

Member #46

Aug 5, 2004 1:10
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I was taking a look at the lovely ranking charts, and was shocked to notice that Mista is not the most powerful active familiar on the boards right now.

Ice, familiar:
  Mista, Level 24 Hrimfaxi Chariot
  Experience: 11293

Thacarious, familiar:
  Raishoom, Level 27 Nidhogg Drake
  Experience: 10461

Now, I'm aware that different species most likely grow at different levels of experience, but is it normal for a Drake to be 3 levels ahead when it is actually 800 XP points lower than my Mista?

If this is actually possible, then I'm also curious to know which familiars grow the fastest so that I can take that into consideration when picking my secondary familiar.

(o.o) (c) Ethereal Enterprises, 2004
Camo

Member #5

Aug 5, 2004 6:15
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

HAHAHAHAHA....

Mista's a stupid name:P

c*** me up scotty
MintMan

Member #1

Aug 5, 2004 10:42
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well, you are not old like others here, so you do not know about Raishoom, one of the classic greats who only really became inactive because he never adopted a new monster. One can still challenge him as I often did. His last battle is against Apostle, is it not? He is the only guy that high my towering familiars have a chance of fightin'.... because he is the only other one that high, mostly Tongue

Also, since you are not old, you obviously do not know that Battling Dragons is a completely balanced game and all familiars level up at the same rate. This is not your little Poke game that has such frivolties as different levels of base stats and growth rates. That would completely skew the game.
  Seeing this little fluke is the only thing I could ever imagine would make you think otherwise, although it should rightfully have made you thought "Hey, Raishoom is way too high!"

Also, since you are not old, you did not know about a one-hit level bug that existed some time back.
  Pretty much, get a hit, get a level up. A very easy bug that happened for some strange reason. It really sucked, but most were corrected rather quickly. Obviously, Thac escaped that. Huh, I always though his web site experience got him up to level twenty-seven, although that would explain why he has not leveled up in, like, a year.
  Since I do not feel like running the Nidhogg script to fix his stats, I shall just reduce his level and auto-correct everything when version four comes out. That'll take care of everything.
  * as a first, gives Ice a virtual pie for finding a bug *
Ice

Member #46

Aug 5, 2004 15:27

Well, yeah, I obviously did think he was a bit high, but I figured it would likely just be from site traffic as well, until I noticed the experience diffrerence as well as the level difference. I probably would have never noticed had you not implemented the "compare accounts" feature anyways.

Anyhow, you said that this guy was inactive anyways, right? In that case, it doesn't really affect me, because I was simply looking for someone my level to challenge.

* uses the technique Forge . Or did I? *

MintMan

Member #1

Aug 6, 2004 1:39
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well, I said he was largely inactive, yeah, but I also said that I battled him as recently as with Apostle.

The account is not dead, just not used that much. I mean, the poor guy is so far up there that no one can even fight him! That would change if his level were three lower, tho'. He would probably get mad challenges then.
  Not adopting a new creature is just promoting his inactivity. You gotta adopt a new monster if you want to stay in the game. Just look at Evenfall -- she is barely ever around anymore since Fallen hit the big two-oh. Your second-familiar-less self mostly leveled up through site XP; only a few scant battles against SassyStar have kept your numbers going up.
Ice

Member #46

Aug 6, 2004 14:45

Yarr...

* creates a SwashbucklingSword rather unlike the RPSword *

I know I should adopt a second self. I just haven't ever bothered to look at the stats and determine what I want.

And suggestions from the creator of the game as to which one is the best? (Note: I am fairly certain you'll say something along the lines of "this game is not like your pokemon game and all the characters are balanced" so if that's your only reply, then don't bother replying, and from a lack of response I'll assume you mean to say that.)

Sword
MadGoblin

Member #2

Aug 7, 2004 10:41

No, I'm not gonna say "All monsters are balanced", I was just gonna say "You aren't suppose to analyze monsters like that." I don't think any sits there and rations picking a monster like:
  "Well, 'Hogg does have very high Arcane, but so does the Basilisk and it has an advantage with Defence and Agility, too. Hmm..."

No, that's not how it works. 'Tis suppose to be more like:
  "Hey, I like dragons, so I'll adopt one."
  Or,
  "That Miraj is crunk, yo!" Big Smile

PBM! Fear!
Matrakyon

Member #191

Aug 9, 2004 3:31
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

As to not waste a new post, I am going to post a message in this post. My familiar just finished a battle with a familiar two levels higher than it was. After the battle, the valor still stayed at 50. Is there a problem with calculating the valor?
MintMan

Member #1

Aug 9, 2004 3:43

Now that you mention it, someone else did claim something similar happened to them. I have never seen this sort of thing occur before, and it makes no sense why it would start when I have not touched the code for ages.

It could be something to do with faulty M4 implementation (despite none of these battles being M4, it still could do something). It only looks like the guy was one level up on you, but I shall refund your valor nonetheless.

I would look into the problem more, but with version four coming out this week (now that I have a computer that works -- lousy idiot KaZaA destroying my home compy), things of the past cannot be a problem.

EDIT: Nope, I see. You just rolled over to five from site XP. I gotcha.

[Editted by MintMan on Aug 9, 2004 3:44]
MMZero

Member #200

Sep 3, 2004 12:17
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Woah, I had the most powerful creature? Awesome.

Yeah, I haven't been around for a few years, and my website's popularity died down after a while. That was keeping ol' Raishoom's EXP up...

I don't mind the level drop at all. I guess it makes him look a little less intimidating.

I really didn't know you could adopt another familiar until just recently. I decided to come back for some strange reason Smile and it would appear that I'm staying this time...
MadGoblin

Member #2

Sep 3, 2004 19:44

Hooray! Old-school-RE-revivalage! 'Tis party time! * busts a move till everyone tells him to stop grooving 'cuz it's very, very frightening *

Crying Okay then...

* To impart something, at least, gives MMZero a virtual bannana *

PBM! Fear!
MMZero

Member #200

Sep 9, 2004 20:42
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

ARGH! Bananas is BAD MAGIC!!!

*vomits*
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Sep 11, 2004 1:10
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Umm, MintMan....I kinda don't get it...now, if you are higher-leveled, are challenged by a lower-level person, and lose, you LOSE valor? For some reason, after my battle between Hithop and FoxMcBlur, FoxMcBlur's 54 valor dropped to 52, even though draggy was the one who issued the challenge. Have the rules been changed?

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush
Ice

Member #46

Sep 11, 2004 1:44

If you lose, you've always lost valor. When you win by accepting the lower-leveled challenges, that simply never lowered your valor before. And also still might not now. I dunno.

Also where has MMZero's bannana gone?

Camo

Member #5

Sep 11, 2004 4:21

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAAASHAHAHADHHAFGSDAWHAhahhaaah

MISTAAAAA!!!

l0lzZzZzZ rOfLeCoPtEr and l0o0lErBlAdEsS "MISTA".

c*** me up scotty

[Don't stretch the page, yo Angry ]

[Editted by MintMan on Sep 11, 2004 15:14]
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Sep 11, 2004 10:55
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

* uses the technique Blast on Camo for spamming *

I think I lost some lower-level challenges before and didn't lose valor for that...ah well, I must have bad memory.

By the way, have there been any Avian-types released yet? Not that I want them to come out so quickly now that I have a Monoceros of my own, but...doesn't the lack of Avians put Monoceros and Hrimfaxi at a slight advantage? Probably not my familiar because of my poor AI/luck, but....

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush
Sword
MMZero

Member #200

Sep 11, 2004 11:06

Errr... the banana? I ate it already! But look, I have more!
  * fabricates a BarrelOfBananas *
  See?

Sword
Ice

Member #46

Sep 11, 2004 14:03

Yay!

* uses the technique Steal on MMZero's barrelofbananas *

Also when I looked at this page, the posts in this topic got stretched across the entire page and looked really weird in contrast to the stuff at the bottom of the entire thread. Something to think about, Emmy.

Sword
MadGoblin

Member #2

Sep 11, 2004 14:30

Avian type? Whatcha talkin'bout, Lt.? Don't ye recall a lil' bird by the name of Bennu? Hey, wait, what ever did happen to the Bennu? Last I remember, 'twas still just an egg!

Too bad I didn't break down and ever finish Raicho... that year ago. Then there'd be no problem Shifty Eyes

Go, sloth!
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 11, 2004 15:17

Did you just have a serious brain fart or something, guys?

Bennu is a bird.

The virtual banana is a global item, and for the last frickin' time, Ice, you can't steal global items, possibly the thing you complain about the most and never ever seem to learn.

Camo made an absurdly long string thus stretching the page.

I have already addressed the valor issue in another post, telling how it was wiped for many members and that any effected should report it so that I could fix it for their individual monsters, so nothing is wrong, per se, save that I just threw out random values to fill in lost Valors until correct values were reported.
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
Aug 24, 2019 8:11 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2019