Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Dec 5, 2019 16:38 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: BDv4 & Change Your Account Name

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Sep 11, 2004 19:45
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

To answer the question about relics they aren't back yet. MM decided to make the skills usable before he made made it so that relics could be used again. Unless it's changed since the start of my current battle, that is the way it is. I don't think any ammount of relics could help my cause though. Dead
Ice

Member #46

Sep 11, 2004 22:17
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

This is currently unrelated to the current conversations, but it's still bugging me...

What the hell do you have to do to get Skinfaxi?!? As of right now, there is exactly ONE banishment move that Mista can learn besides that, so I don't exactly have much to use if I come up against a lovely Nidhogg. And with whatever I have to do, will it still be safe to keep just one free tech learning thingie?

(o.o) (c) Ethereal Enterprises, 2004
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 12, 2004 1:16
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Skills are pretty much set in BD right now. I think CorpseEater has some debugging to do (it should work fine, but I think I got some freaky output with it when last I used Boggle ). That means Relics can come... hey, how about this week? Sounds like fun, no?
  After relics are tourneys, too. Hooray!

Null? Blutty Hel! Bassy has all the problems Dead I thought I weeded them all out. I was supposed to make a script that checked for such problems and more, but... for some reason, I am too lazy to make a script that checks my work. Probably because said script would require checking of its own. Oh, the work of a validation engineer is never done Crying

And Ice, for the last time, you cannot learn Skinfaxi. I already told you that it is impossible. I mean it; nothing you can do right now or for a long time will let you get it. It is only mentioned for completeness.
Skulkraken

Member #128

Sep 12, 2004 1:53
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well, I've accepted a challenge from Neo_Silver, so my Tatzelwurm will be having its first match in this new battle system. I'm feeling a little nervous, though. There's just something about having my familiar face off against one that's higher-leveled that worries me. Should I be worried?
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Sep 12, 2004 11:29
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

By the way, there is going to be one problem with incorporating relics in that items such as the Mjolnir, Alicorn, and all those other items that formerly changed a regular attack into a 10-power attack of that type, will have to be altered. Probably something like "Every attack that deals physical damage has an X% chance of dealing Y-elemental damage".

Also, if WyrdWater is used alongside with CorpseEater, what is the cardinality of relic to skill? Because it would be different if you took the extra 15% from the initial amount and then doubled it, as opposed to doubling it and then adding 15%.

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush
MadGoblin

Member #2

Sep 12, 2004 13:04
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Lwty, were you not the original one to even question about that breed of relics? The answer: ... yes. Anyways, that was already covered, on page two in this very topic... Lemme see what's I finds!

On Aug 29, 2004 23:20, MintMan said:

I think those normal-attack-converting relics are going to become really, really freaky things that provide a different attack depending on where they are slotted, plus some skill-like conversion of same-bar-slotted techs to their element. It will be confusing and odd all around!

Shocking! You even went to comment on it back then, I think in the same fashion as you are now. Weird. Someone must have been hitting the Amnesia Brew! ... which is what I call paint thinner!

PBM! Fear!
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 12, 2004 13:59

Wow, that promises to be an interesting battle: Tat vers Tat -- who shall win? I'll be keepin' my eyes on that one.

I would tell you not to worry, but.... I cannot. I do not even know what would be the best course of action to take in such a battle! I guess if you stick to the Bestial stuff, you'll fair well enough.

If you felt unconfident, perhaps you shoulda sparred.

Anyway, the relic question has been brought up even more than that, Eagle, for I remember saying a word on them when I said their effects could not be randomized as I am trying to strip as much randomization from the game as conceivable.
  I believe it will come down to those relics converting all techniques on their slotted bar to their own element only if the wielder has that element themself. Thataway, it would not necessarily have too much of an impact on same-elemental users (save where multi-elementals could work their sneaky tactics), and non-elementers could not wholesale slaughter an unsuspecting enemy who believed in no prior advantages.
  Turning ShadowBlast to Light would be weak, yo.

Also, Alicorn no longer exists. It has been fading out for a while now. Its official replacement that you will see in any previous Alicorn-holder's accounts now is the Rood.
Sword
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Sep 12, 2004 14:24
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Wow MG, you just realized that I have bad memory! After about two years you finally understand it.

Now that I think about it, is there going to be an Avian-type relic for anyone to use?

Also, now that creature training has been stopped, wouldn't it be a good idea to make a relic that increases practice rating gain per usage of a certain spell?

* uses the technique Guard from angry idea-haters *

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 12, 2004 23:41

oh

my

gard

Please frickin' tell me that you are not serious. I mean, this post has just recently went on about training, and it is well and overstated every frickin' place else that everytime -- any time -- you use a spell, it becomes trained up. Please tell me you were just joking about that relic thing.
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Sep 13, 2004 12:42

Nein, you misunderstood me. I perfectly well understand that a spell practice rating goes up when you use it.

What I meant was a relic that for example, instead of after using by raising by 4% (number off the top of my head), it raises it 8%. Probably not a good idea because of the rating cap per level.

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush
MadGoblin

Member #2

Sep 13, 2004 15:56

That could be done, Eagle, but the training total per match is capped at 34%. So, you could have something like that, but all it would mean is you could use a spell, like, a very little amount of time (ie: curation spells Tongue ) and actually get it the maximum percent up.

Something that would prolly work better now, in more people's cases, would be one that raised the 34% cap. Of course, it would be too useful to too many people too long, but, hey, right?

... the other thing would be finding an actually relic that would do such. I mean, what? We're gonna make Odin's Eye do that?
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 13, 2004 19:11

Wyrd Water would have been a good candidate for that, but... perhaps that godly mead would do.

Also, that is 34% per level, not battle. Sure, that is also a per-match cap, but level is more accurate.

The best thing that could be done for a practicing relic is one that did not necessarily require the spell to be used in order to be trained, id est Hrimfaxi's curation spells; it can only slot them in its Power meter (if it wants to have its other spells slotted) -- its worst possible training bar.
  I'ma thinking around the terms of use anything from that bar, spell gets trained. Of course, that only expands your options by two, but helps out ol' 'Faxi nonetheless.

And remember: 'tis NDR. 'Faxis can actually stand to have help now Tongue
Skulkraken

Member #128

Sep 15, 2004 4:48
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Awesome! My Tatzie won the battle! The battle log seems to be really long, though. Will this be the norm in the new battle system?
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Sep 15, 2004 9:44

If you're going to be facing Kamaitachis, your logs are going to be rather long due to healing. Smile

Typically, expect 15-20 rounds, methinks.

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush
Sword
MadGoblin

Member #2

Sep 15, 2004 11:18

Healing, improved evasive function, the-fact-that-you-can't-be-taken-out-in-a-hand-full-of-hits-anymore, it all melds together to not make battles long, per se, but decent.

And, since we're braggin' 'bout victories, FlopHop pwn'd JW Lick
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Sep 15, 2004 15:20
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I think I finally understand about plotting the grids! Yeah, that doesn't make too much sense to have dewfall in the powerslot, but it works. It's already up to 60%, so Artimis should be fine. I'm not so sure of what you mean in that the hrimfaxis could use help now. All seemed to go well with her last battle. ^___^

LE, if you want to see a long battle you should challenge Artimis with your Kamaitachi once it gains a couple of levels. Two high level creatures with top spells and curation, now that'd be interesting. Plus, it'd help both of us meet the requirements for getting another monster. Wow, you're well on your way already.

Hey MG! That JW didn't learn not to mess with the bunnies yet. Tongue I'm battling the same one right now. BTW, where did your signature go? I wanted to go hug the PBM again.
boyachi

Member #92

Sep 15, 2004 18:06

Um...why is it that SSS's BD account info has wins/loses of 2/2 and the win ratio of 100%?
  Second...why can't I have a skill at the lvl4 slot, I mean I know WHY, but it just seems kinda silly, that is all.
  The fact I won my first NDR style battle amazes me. Prolly a fluke.
  *uses the technique strike up the band.*

The New Dawn has risen. Are you the one to unlock it?
MadGoblin

Member #2

Sep 15, 2004 18:33

Well, since you already know the real reason, and I trust you on it being correct (something I would not do on some other faulty members Tongue ), so I'll offer this crazy explanation!
  Things would be too easy if your Skills could go in your 4th SL slot, Boyo. I mean, SL 4 are the nigh-obtainables. You generally get one shot in a long while at unleashing their awesome power and generally stick to the SL 3 or 2's. If some awesome skill were to be slotted there, never to get used, then you'd get too much advantage!

And, if said reason is not suffice, I blame evil waffles. Waffles, and their waffle gnomes! Damn their tasty hides!

Oh, and TriS, no sig since I only post it once per page to save on compactness. But, since you requested it ...

PBM! Fear!
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 15, 2004 20:17

No, you can put a Skill in the EL4 slot; nothing stops you from doing that.... other than Spells must be the highest-slotted technique in every bar. So, get ahold of an SL5 spell and feel free to slot your Skills at four.

Of course, that is impossible, so be quiet Tongue

So if you know the reason, quit gripin'. If it were allowed to slot things above spells as you suggest, all you would need is a few techs, and you could get much more energy than you should be entitled to.

As for the ever-popular topic of battle length, they are only long when:
  1) They are full of high Agility like yours was.
  2) They are full of poorly using techs, i.e. castings from a Tatzel? Serpentine castings? Other weak, magical techs? Blutty Hel, man! Your fight will never end if you keep up that sorta bad fighting!

'Course, nothing much is really difference. Battles would last just as along when idiots stuck to random AI and only used normal attacks and stat modifiers.

So... fight smaht-ah!

Also, congrats to me and beating Draggy! Hoo-ray! Valor!
  'Twasn't fair, tho'. Draggy shoulda won... but he put way too much into his skills. Sure, the Strike-Red/Agility-Up combo eventually gave me a fifty-five percent hit ratio, but so much time was wasted just maxing out those stats again and again Dead If those were li'l attacks instead, Zig would be one dead puppy... snake.

So spar first, peoples!

PS: Oh yeah, SSS has two wins out of two wins, and thusly one-hundred percent, not two wins and two losses. You can tell this because the row is headed... Wins.... and Loss amount is mentioned no where around. (Normally, it would be "Wins: X / Losses: Y", and this just says "Wins: X/Y"; if it said "Wins/Losses: X/Y", then we'd have something... but it doesn't.... you suck.)

[Editted by MintMan on Sep 15, 2004 21:14]
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Sep 15, 2004 22:50

S^3, one reason I don't challenge Hrimfaxis with FoxMcBlur is because Ice mutilates Wind.

However, I think it might be worth a try. I'll challenge you once my battle with Ash10 is done.

Speaking of which, is Overlord going to simply continue using Degen on me until some side prevails, or am I just lucky?

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush
Sword
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Dec 5, 2019 16:38 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2019