Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 20, 2024 1:52 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: BDv4 & Change Your Account Name

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
VinnyD

Member #9

Sep 1, 2004 20:37
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Wooh! I won my first jabberwock/v.4 battle! I do want to change my name to west though. Plus, check my ai, and see if I'm getting the idea, I won so something must be going well.

The Official Man's Man of RE.
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 1, 2004 22:41
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

* to protect himself against physics and logics, uses the technique StoneSave * Okay, you are West now.

Man, I did not even know your battle went through, let alone the fact that it was over. Good on you, mate.

Now, to settle this Charge thing once and for all.... you run to make a Charge, and it was really meant to be more of a fly-by attack than a run-into-and-stop-dead.

Drags used two Shadow-B's way early on. He is hitting much more consistantly since your Agility boost went away.

And you do have a chance of winning the match still, Draggy. Just keep hittin' him with your casts -- nothing Draconic if you can help it. Of course, if Eagle uses any Banishes against you.... you might have a problem.

Alicorn because powerful, not ultimately damaging. If it was ultimate, it would be a level five spell (four for damage and one for the defense decrease), and those do not even exist, nor could they be slotted.

Also, spars do count for practice rating. Mostly because I am lazy, but also because you can only train, like twenty percent in all three of your techs every turn (well, the squared-sum of all of your practices for the level can only go up to twelve hundred).
Sword
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Sep 2, 2004 12:13
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I was wondering, when are tournaments going to be out again? I mean, I really feel like testing out FoxMcBlur's new grid without having to switch familiars. Smile

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush
Sword
draggy1234

Member #97

Sep 2, 2004 16:03
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yay, I won! Smile

HOWEVER, now I'm wondering about something else. My valor:

54 ---> 48???

I didn't challenge anybody else after my battle with LE.

* uses the technique Blast on for another problem *

EDIT: Oh man, I really hope my corpseeater skill took effect with that battle! +15% exp... Big Smile

[Editted by draggy1234 on Sep 2, 2004 16:07]
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 2, 2004 21:49
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

No, you have to actually slot CorpseEater to get the 15% XP bonus. Skills only work when slotted.
  You prolly didn't know that since you can't slot them yet. I added that guide earlier today because I thought skills would be out by now, but I had a... um, birthday surprise.... of the non-Japanese hottie variety. Boo.

Second, your valor was that high? Okay. Forty-eight was.... um, kind of a guess. Two big problems hit NDR today:
  1) Valors disappearing. Boy did that suck. I cannot quite remember what the cause of that was... the strivevalor variable was disappearing for some reason.
  2) Speed. Not the battles you guys saw. Right after I changed the confirmation system to one click instead of two submittals, all things went to Hel. Start times were getting erased, and pretty much, it was a repeat of that old speed bug in which battles ended in one hour Dead Some people found this out and got upwards to ten battles in.
  It only effected new challenges, like Vinny, which is why I never even knew he had done anything.
  Sucks for those people who thought battles would be faster Laughing

I already stated for tournaments, too, that they would come after Skills and Relics are in.

"What happened to your knees was a terrible tragedy."
  Why soap operas suck.... and rock Laughing
VinnyD

Member #9

Sep 2, 2004 23:00

On Sep 2, 2004 21:49, MintMan said:

It only effected new challenges, like Vinny, which is why I never even knew he had done anything.
  Sucks for those people who thought battles would be faster Laughing

Woot! I did what now? Oh yeah the olde speed thingamajig, good times, and a win for me!

* uses the technique Haste for ultimate battle speed! *

Sword
Ice

Member #46

Sep 2, 2004 23:51
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I'd like to throw out a simple (And probably bad) idea. Make intant matches. Just to see quickly who would be stronger. Have each person required to fill their AI up to 30 moves, and once that is completed for each person, then it initiates the battle. Lots faster. That would be really cool.

°(o.o)° (c) Ethereal Enterprises, 2004
draggy1234

Member #97

Sep 3, 2004 8:11

On the subject of valor, do sparring matches affect valor as well?
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 3, 2004 12:30

No, valor is not effected by spars. Here is how it works:
  Valor, experience, and win record is only calculated once at a battles end. Practice goes up every time a move is used. Spars only effect the final outcome of a match, not what happens amid it.

Then, Ice, you are a moron. Instant matches would suck hard. Not only would they entirely invalidate the new strategicness of BD by now allowing someone to check up on a battle and see how it is doing and invalidate the oldest basis of BD in being a Web Battle between warring sites, but it would also allow people, as I had stated, to fight ten freakin' times in on day.
  Like stated whenever someone brings up making a PBS/real-time BD battle system, it would allow any moron to get to level fifty in one day because people have no lives. I am not going to allow that to happen because it would be really, really gay.

Now, there are going to speed options under the advanced option of a challenge, allowing fights to be fast, medium, slow, and whatnot, but the fastest any battle will ever be is tournament daily fast, and that is only for tournaments themselves.
Lugiatrainer

Member #20

Sep 3, 2004 14:29
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Sep 3, 2004 12:30, MintMan said:

Now, there are going to speed options under the advanced option of a challenge, allowing fights to be fast, medium, slow, and whatnot, but the fastest any battle will ever be is tournament daily fast, and that is only for tournaments themselves.

If fast is daily, what will slow be? weekly?

Anyhow, Battle board is up! Now I can start training again! I think I may actually be able to handle the grid system BETTER than the old style...

On another note, I think I've come up with a new name for my familiar... VorpalSmasher! Wink Smashing vorpal blades wherever they may be found!
  Wait, is that name too long? Dot Mouth
VinnyD

Member #9

Sep 3, 2004 16:19

Yeah, right now I can't accept battles apparently because my grid isn't set up. Which it is and I have re-updated it many a time, so, you might wanna check that one ut for erroring.

Man I hate waiting to go back for games on fridays.

MintMan

Member #1

Sep 3, 2004 16:55

No, fast is not daily. Tournaments, the fastest sort of battles, are daily. Fast is just a normal battle setting in which actions will go in, like, two-and-a-half hours on average.

Only tournaments have actual duration restrictions; normally, the average turn time is altered (time it takes for a monster with twenty speed to act).

Let's see what yer problem is, Vinny.... the carp is up with your grid thing, man?
  * looks into it * Embarrassed Apparently, the confirmation page has never worked! Well, not properly, anyway. It was missing a ton of constants that were needed for it to function properly. I guess it was never brought to light until I added Skills, and even then, 'twould only activate under stress.

You are in your battle now, anyhow. Sorry 'bout that.
draggy1234

Member #97

Sep 8, 2004 19:20

Out of curiosity, how much health do healing techniques recover generally?

(Yes, this is related to my current battle with FoxMcBlur...)
Sword
Ice

Member #46

Sep 9, 2004 1:47
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

* mutates a BlackProblematicMonster for communication errors *

No, no. I realize this is coming in a bit late, but I'm stil sort of stuck on my silly insta-battle system. I was not, obviously, thinking of having something where you would gain anything from it. My idea was basically the same as a sparring match, just lots lots faster.

Sorry if you thought otherwise.

Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 9, 2004 19:23

Oh, for that, there is going to be the JavaScript mock-up battle where you can create an opponent of any level and skills (or random) and go up against it.

Real-time JavaScript gives you a whole lotta betterneness.

Healing techniques heal as much as a damaging technique of the level do. If they did any more, you could get into some freaky loops and eternal battlage.
draggy1234

Member #97

Sep 11, 2004 8:26

So, would you happen to have any advice/tips on battling creatures that know how to heal? From your description, it seems like any offensive technique can be negated by a healing technique of the same spell level as the offensive portion of the technique.

(That would explain why FoxMcBlur seemed to keep on taking major damage but never going down...)

* uses the technique DefenseHit on to use a combine token *

EDIT: How come every time I use a technique in this post, my target never shows up?

[Editted by draggy1234 on Sep 11, 2004 8:39]
Sword
Ice

Member #46

Sep 11, 2004 14:07

Actually, it's only on summonings. I've noticed that with ProblematicMonster. He's shy. And hides whenever someone targets him.

* uses the technique AttackWith on MintMan with a blackproblematicmonster for letting him hide! *

Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 11, 2004 15:11

* to counter the damage, uses the technique EarthernAura since Healing is such a hot-topic right now * Yeah, that summoning thing was already explained. I suggest you read.... wait, I am saying this to Draggy, not Ice Embarrassed I'm scared!

No, healing will not counter the damage whole-sale. You have to weigh many factors.

First factor being that the amount of damage healed is based on the healer's Virtue. The damage alleviated is calculated the same as with normal damage caused, but the decrementing stat is instantly taken to be the average (twenty) so that monsters are not punished for having high defensive categories. Only stupid, stupid games would penalize for such things and would be the result of very poor planning or laziness, usually.

The next factor to consider is how much damage the enemy is causing you. If you are not healing away an entire attack of the foe, you are only delaying the inevitable with a waste of energy.
  Moreso, you must consider that you are giving up a turn in order to heal yourself.

Healing can be a great asset, but it is in no way ultimate. Even if a high Virtue monster such as Bennu heals himself up something good in a match, the foe can always just increase his offense or decrease Bennu's Virtue to counter the lastability, reducing the foe to a puddle o' poo.
Sword
boyachi

Member #92

Sep 11, 2004 17:35

Regal: undefined Decrease to the Strength of Itself
  or
  Regal:Null Increase to the Strength of Itself.
  Um...What does that mean? Is regal currently useless?
  *uses the technique steal on Ice's blackproblematicmonster*

The New Dawn has risen. Are you the one to unlock it?
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Sep 11, 2004 18:34
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I was just wondering, but would it be an advantage or a disadvantage if one could see how the exact amount of damage a certain attack dealt or a healing spell recovered?

I mean, not like there's anything wrong with the "scratched/damaged/moderately/massacred/mortally" etc. system, but some of us are mathematically-minded.

Also, have relics been re-implemented into the system? I don't have any relics, so the only way I'd know is if someone who has relics would tell me.

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Apr 20, 2024 1:52 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022