Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Aug 23, 2019 16:06 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: BDv4 & Change Your Account Name

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
MintMan

Member #1

Aug 4, 2004 23:50
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

First BD topic with stupid face!

Anyway, my finals are practically over, and I shall soon be able to resume getting version four-point-oh beta out. Since all battles are to be cancelled and tournament files wiped for this procedure (after the points and wins are backed up, of course), now is a prime time to allow members to change their account names. I know that I have been gunning to change mine to Geirrek for a while, and Joe has his eye on the more fantasy appropriate Bimmblesnaff.

So rather than getting into NDR nitty-gritty this very moment, how about you guys? Anyone want an account name change? Do not worry about creature names as I am going to implement a plain ol' monster renamer for that with BD4.0b.
VinnyD

Member #9

Aug 5, 2004 24:10
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hmmm?! An open ended question from Minty? Thats a rarity. I think I'll change mine, VinnyD, while unique in its generic...ness, is still generic. I'm thinking of changing to West. And, on the greatest note ever, I finally finished blank. that was a long time.....

* uses the technique Aero-lance on MintMan for making such a worthless token! *

The Official Man's Man of RE.

Complete with stubble and freeform jazz.
Sword
Ice

Member #46

Aug 5, 2004 24:36
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

* uses the technique Backhand on MintMan to start a fad attack scheme *

As soon as I learn combine I'm getting rid of my silly blank, since it seems to be doing me no good right now. As for changing names, I think I'm good for now, though I say everyone else should be able to do so.

°(o.o)° (c) Ethereal Enterprises, 2004
Sword
writer77

Member #4

Aug 5, 2004 12:19
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I'd like to change mine, but I just know that it would confuse me later. I'm so used to typing in my name and password for everything here, I'd probably waste minutes trying to log in if I changed it.

I'd still like to get rid of my current name, what with it being both stupid and misleading. Oh, well, I probably couldn't think of a cool name to use anyhow, and just end up with another dumb one.

Endless Horizon
  "It looks like I'm going to die as I have lived.... completely surrounded by morons!"
  -Bl. Mage
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Aug 5, 2004 13:55
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Aug 5, 2004 12:19, writer77 said:

I'd still like to get rid of my current name, what with it being both stupid and misleading. Oh, well, I probably couldn't think of a cool name to use anyhow, and just end up with another dumb one.

Exactly! That is my problem. I think I picked out my SN when I was about 9 years old when I was obsessed with watching SailorMoon. The thing is that I still wanna be SSS.

MM, what was that you said about auto naming the creatures? Maybe I just misread... I like my creatures' names though, so I wanna keep them.
MintMan

Member #1

Aug 5, 2004 15:29
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Aug 4, 2004 23:50, MintMan said:Anyone want an account name change? Do not worry about creature names as I am going to implement a plain ol' monster renamer for that with BD4.0b.

I dinnae see "automatic" in there anywhere, nor did I ever mention it elsewhere. Do not worry about your creature names as they are safe, but please, do not stop being crazy, SSS!

Also, * uses the technique LandSmite on VinnyD quite brutally for discussing RP things outside of the RP forum * And a mean look to Ice for continuing with it.
Sword
Ice

Member #46

Aug 5, 2004 15:34
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

No, he was simply saying that there will be a script implemented in order to let you change your familiar's name on your own, without needing Minty intervention, unlike how it is now, as well as unlike how it will be with the usernames.

Correct?

LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Aug 8, 2004 23:26

Hey MintMan, I'd really like a name change.

Could you change my Lieutenant_Eagle name to LieutenantEagle, as it's supposed to be?

Thanks.

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------

Vote Kerry/Edwards in 2004! Re-Defeat Bush!

"We're making the right decisions to bring the solution to an end."
  ~43rd U.S. President George Dubya Bush
MadGoblin

Member #2

Aug 9, 2004 8:01

What? Change ye name to removeth yonder underscore?!?! Nay-ver! Thou art damned to carry this wretched abysmal marking 'til the end of ye days! So commandeth the tyrranical overlord! Mwahahahaahahahaahaahahaahahahaaa!

... no, really, I doubt that'd be a problem.

SSS: Heh. that's a funny perdicament (sp? ah, who cares, right?). That's why I always made sure to not infringe upon some that was copyrighted or pseudo-linked to one. As likings fade, names stain. Now, see, my titles are purely my own and owe nothin' to no on'.

... except Mad Goblin. Apparently some goober wrote a series of books with this name, even tho' it's not about a goblin or even a mad man. Its just some futuristic adventure. Pfft, how lame is that?

PBM! Fear!
LeeTupper

Member #42

Aug 9, 2004 12:19

Hmmm... No class change? Awww... Oh well. Next creature. Well, change my name to Revenant, please.* fabricates a cow with no regard for relevance or sanity *

What is this arcane desert?- My current english teacher
  Do I dare ask why this looks like a potato chip?-my 7th grade english teacher, with a destroyed piece of homework
Sword
boyachi

Member #92

Aug 9, 2004 13:25

But what made it Mad'Goblin'?
  Why not MadKobold, MadOrc, MadOrge, EnragedPuma?
  Why not tell share the stories of the origin of these names?
  And yes, I know what you mean, why is it that something purely made up other people have as well? It kinda makes you think about whether they stole it from you! Like Boyachi@hotmail.com! BASTARD!!!!!! The only way that he should have the right to that name is if he is professor Boyachi who teaches at Peru...or whatever the hell that school thing was that turned up in the google results. *Rides cow off into sunset,giving it back when finishing the trek*
  But...um...yeah, I am ok with my Name the way it is...however the familiar name may be spelled wrong, although made up, it is a mix of two words...sort of....

The New Dawn has risen. Are you the one to unlock it?
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Aug 9, 2004 15:27

* uses the technique Steal on LeeTupper's cow *

What's so bad about removing the underscore? I don't even know why I put the underscore there when I signed up for the rest of the RE things without the underscore.

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------

Sword
Battalon127

Member #25

Aug 10, 2004 20:23

I really kind of like my BD name, despite it having no connection to my Master Name (which really has no connection to anything, despite looking like a poor spelling of a military term). What I really need is a change of my REL name. I don't know what I was thinking when I picked that one out.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

A Elbereth Gilthoniel o menel palan-diriel, le nallon
sí di-nguruthos! A tiro nin, Fanuilos!
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Aug 14, 2004 23:12

Anyhow, is my name going to be changed or not? I was kind of expecting some sort of confirmation reply Smile

As to the origin of "LieutenantEagle"....my nickname back in fourth grade was simply Eagle. Why, I don't know myself...well, probably because my elementary school was the Vine Eagles. Anyhow, there is one game on Bonus.com called Battlefield that I liked to play a lot back in the day....well, no matter how much I tried, the highest ranking I could achieve was Lieutenant. I once came pretty close to the rank of Captain, but unfortunately, the game deletes your information if you don't continue in 30 days, and that information was lost. Finally, I abandoned Battlefield, and decided to stick with the nickname LieutenantEagle.

What's good about this nickname as opposed to the ones like "MarioFan" or the like is that if I meet a Mario hater, I will at least not be despised from the spot. In my opinion, it's not always a good idea to wear your beliefs on your nickname Smile

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------

MintMan

Member #1

Aug 18, 2004 17:43

Huh? Oh, yeah, all yer names are gonna be changed. That prolly shoulda been mentioned what with you needing to change your adoptable's code and all...

Oh yeah, LE, Gobbo, and my names have been changed. Vinny, I was not too sure if you were really wantin' that change, but it is still available.

Everyone else.... BDv4.0b is out.
  * uses the technique EarthernArmor to protect himself from the onslaught of questions that are sure to ensue *
Sword
writer77

Member #4

Aug 19, 2004 24:42

* fabricates an OnslaughtOfQuestions *

I've seen some of 4.0, but the only thing you can do as of now if choose new boosts and pick techs. Although, it is pretty cool. Cool and confusing.

I looked through the techs, and I noticed the different bgs for different attacks. Black was normal, Blue meant you had it, and Gray meant you couldn't learn it yet. So just what does it take to learn techs? Certain stats? Certain Levels? A combination of the two?

Endless Horizon
  "It looks like I'm going to die as I have lived.... completely surrounded by morons!"
  -Bl. Mage
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Aug 19, 2004 1:28

Yeah, this is somathe stuff the new FAQ needs to cover. There is going to be entire pages now devoted to only Techs, Spells, and Skills and another for getting started -- good for both newbies and old guys alike since everything is fresh now.

It is nice to see that you caught onto the color-coding so fast. That gives me hope for other people.... not the stupid people, but some other people nonetheless.

Skills are unlocked by learning a certain key technique first. Techniques are unlocked either by 1) mastering the key spell of the same level as the tech, 2) waiting until you rise to a new Spell Level in which case all lower spells just become available, or 3) really hard-to-get spells like Apocalypse, Rally, and Immortal have strange requisites like requiring a certain number of wins.

One other thing to note is that valor-based spell learning is out. Now, you just get to choose which spell you want once you hit the new spell level. Still only get three...

Also, the number of techs you are allowed to learn (techs, spells, and skills, that is) is equal to half of your level plus one-fifth of your wins plus four.

EDIT: Oh, and Writer, I looked over your Hydra and was worried that I had buggered the learning complex, but then when counting up how much Tech Points you had, I saw that you were simply trying to stave off learning weak techs. It should be noted that weak techs are not a bad thing.
  You have up to four different spell levels to fill up, from weak to ultimate. Depending on what you use in battle, you may have no choice but to use weaker techs since you have already used up the stronger ones. (Remember the button grids discussed in the other NDR posts? Prolly not since it was so long ago Laughing )
  At any rate, you want lots of weak techs as well as stronger ones. Otherwise, your lower levels will have no variety. The reason you got so many lock-outs was because I have spent the last four days coding a near-impossible algorithm that calculates the learning trajectory of your monster to ensure that it will be able to have at least one combination of three techs for every spell level accessible to it.
  In your case, with only one Tech Point left (I think), everything but SL 1 techs was blocked out 'cause you spent everything else on SL 2s! Blocking stuff out was the script's way of saying: "Hey, you need these to live!"

[Editted by MintMan on Aug 19, 2004 1:41]
writer77

Member #4

Aug 19, 2004 11:25

I kinda figured that, I was just talkin' about the ones before I started picking techs.

Anyhow, about all picking SL 2 techs... I think I forgot that one with two effects, each weak would be a SL 2. I remember all the grid stuff... just not in the right way.

Once I realized I wasn't entirely sure what I was doing, I decided I should hold off for a little while... I just got carried away at first.

Endless Horizon
  -Bl. Mage
Ice

Member #46

Aug 19, 2004 13:33

* plants a virtual INeedHelpTicket tree *

Yep... I'm not sure why, because I figured at my level that all my techs would be availible, but apparently everything except one is. "Skinfaxi"... is this one of those special ones you were talking about?

Another question... what use are the skills, now that the BD RPG is gone?

And also, it might be helpful to have next to each skill a number indicating what level it is.

For the techs, I assume once you learn one, they stay forever, correct? So if I ever get around to adopting a new familiar, I won't be able to simply pick a tech, and then when I realize that it's useless, switch it out? (For now I'm keeping a good 10 techs open until I'm positive that I know how these work)

Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Aug 19, 2004 14:59

Yep -- pick, and youse is screwed until you get more tech points.

And yep, Skinfaxi is one of those super-secret techs (thanks for spillin' the beans). Level ain't everything. In fact, in the case of Skinfaxi, it is impossible to even attain right now!

Nope, the BD RPG is not gone. It is just MIA for the time being. Before anything else of NDR was coded, the RPG was (and it r0xx0rz). I just want to have to worry about one thing at a time.

Also, Skills had use in M4, not the RPG. That part was never coded. Also also, Skills do not have level; they can be slotted in any bar at any level (save EL 4 since only Spells can ever be put there).
  AlsoX3, Skills are soon to have use in your normal web battles. Their effects will be varying, but never actual use-things (whatever place you slot them at is considered empty for battle -- it cannot be used). Rather, they will have some freaky effect like the following:
  Arrow Regenerate: Regenerate life (shock!).
  Arrow Ferry: Increase to base life.
  Arrow Break: Decrease Defense by One Point every time a tech from the bar Break was slotted in is used on the Opponent.
  Arrow Flight: Increase Speed by One Point every time a tech from the bar Flight was slotted in is used.
  ... that is pretty much it. Either initial modifications or per-use modifications for the most part.
  Note that this is not only for advanced matches.
  They will also have use in the RPG as always planned.

[Editted by MintMan on Aug 19, 2004 15:53]
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Aug 23, 2019 16:06 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2019