Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Mar 29, 2024 9:05 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: Tournament Gambles

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
writer77

Member #4

Jul 1, 2004 23:39
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I've been meanin' to make a post like this for a long time, and since this'll be the last set o' tourneys for this season, I figured I ought to go ahead and do this. Pretty much, just post who you think will win each tournament, and then when it's all over, we laugh at all the failures. Or pat them on the back. Whatever.

Anyhow, here's my picks:

July1: mike7742-He's just got a level advantage on everyone else.
  July2: 1-Got a tatzie with two of the other contenders being Hydra.
  July3: writer77-Because I have to vote for me to win, even though the Tatzie and Bassy will probably crush me.
  July4: YoshiA25-Um, I think it was because he had a level advantage, too. I don't remember why I picked this one, and I'm too lazy to go back and check.
  July5: Culex-He's got Shadow Burner and a Health advantage over Draggy, who's in the same level. Mintman'll probaby do good too, but his level disadvantage doesn't help him any.
  July6: Silver_ketchum-As long as he can pull off a victory against Six_grey. SG's high arcane will be bad for SK, but SK has a type and level advantage, so I think he'll pull it off.
  July7: SailorSassyStar-Let's face it. She's got a three level advantage on everyone. I don't think anyone else will be able to do much of anything. (Too bad Mad Goblin's 'tachi is a level too high.)

Anyhow, that's what I figured from my now-stale knowledge of BD. Of course, if my memory's wrong and Bestial isn't strong against Serpentine, then I am most definetly wrong, but those are my picks as of now.

Endless Horizon
  "It looks like I'm going to die as I have lived.... completely surrounded by morons!"
  -Bl. Mage
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jul 2, 2004 24:49
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yeah, that's about how it'll probably go down. Granted, tho', that I'm only really familiar with the contenders of the two highest tourneys (seeing how that's the ones I signed up for [I sorta sign 6g up for things when he's busy]). Who knows, tho', something could happen and Schrecken might... no, who would buy that? 3xS is an unstoppable power house. All ph33r Arrow her

Why be sane?
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Jul 3, 2004 10:20
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

phear me? I'm the one that has to phear now! My bunny is in a tournament with 20-25 level creatures! Dead The sad thing is that the battle logs aren't that short. MM, save my bunny now!
  Level 1 bunny vs. Level 20 Hrimfaxi = One dead rabbit!
  I betcha I'll lose! How's that one for you, Writer? Here I was worrying that Artimis would get creamed! I knew something about adopting a new creature was too easy...

BTW, sorry for whatever I did to make you hate me MG! I loves the bunny oddles...I don't know how you could hate me though...MM said you did though...
writer77

Member #4

Jul 3, 2004 10:56
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

So, your bunny got thrown into a battle with the twenties?

Ha ha ha ha ha!

Erm, ahem. Well, all my picks are probably worthless anyhow. I somehow lost to a nidhogg one level below me. It attacked six times in a row.

...I don't want to talk about it.

Endless Horizon
  "It looks like I'm going to die as I have lived.... completely surrounded by morons!"
  -Bl. Mage
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Jul 3, 2004 12:09

On July7 tourney, I think vision_of_paradise is going to win. Just look at the current tournament standings and you'll see why.

S^3 - your Miraj was placed into battle?! Sacredieu, that is one dishonorable win for me. Smile

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------

That's l-i-e-u-t-e-n-a-n-t

[Editted by LieutenantEagle on Jul 3, 2004 12:11]
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Jul 3, 2004 14:34
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

This one is Minty's bad. He wanted me to adopt rgiht away so he took me out of the tournament so that I would be able to. Then he put me back in, but he quite obviously put the wrong critter into battle. The funniest part is that if I hadn't pointed it out probably nobody would have noticed until it was over.

Something else must be wrong with it too. In the first round Usagi (my bunny) took 10 hits to kill and about 6 the second round. It shouldn't take more than 2 hits for a level 20 to kill a level one creature. LE kept missing me too...I've been wondering if maybe it's some kind of bug that gave Usagi Artimis's stats...that just wouldn't make sense though...Since when do the bugs my accounts get faced with make sense?
  Could Usagi keep the exp from getting killed twice? =-.-'= Least of the bunny's worries. I'm just glad I hadn't tried to challenge anyone, or who knows what else could have went wrong.

Even if Artimis had enter the tournament, she probably wouldn't have won though. It's pretty funny, or rather pathetic, but Artimis usually doesn't do well in big tournaments, especailly when she has any statistical advantage. *nods* I just can't win, can I?
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jul 3, 2004 21:03
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Man, these bouts are goin' down nothing like expected. Aside from the over-crezies from the Nautical Back-talking Sun monster mix-up mayhem, other battles got all freakied goings, too!

For one thing, Schrecken defeated a Hrim' Chariot! Even after losing just prior to one of the same level! Go, Critical Hits!
  * gives CH's a big squeeze *
  MadGoblin is seriously injuried by the attack. MadGoblin faints. CH is the winner. It is awarded 0 XP, for MG is a goob! Hrhr.

Er, back to point, even Six Grey was able to topple an unexpected foe with some luck (ie: getting the favor on the tide of crit hits and misses). Talk about unexpected! Er, then again, I guess this is all rather tame after someone's level 20 creature turned into a frickin' level one plushie Wavey Mouth

And, Sassy, I dun hate you, that's just some garbage Ems fed you since he's a rampaging ass Boggle
MintMan

Member #1

Jul 3, 2004 21:42

Don't listen to him! He is the one that put your Miraj in the tourney! He hates you so much!

.... okay, it was my fault, but not entirely. I did log into the tournament file and replace the creature which was supposed to partake from your fresh Miraj to Artimis.... but I did not change it in your tournament fighter file Dead Ack, too much information flying around.

Also, there is a level-evening feature in tournaments. I know I have mentioned this before. That is why tournaments can encompass a variety of levels and still be fair; stronger competitors are lowered down to their opponents level for a good, clean match. Have you not ever wondered why your magic and health are not prime when starting certain matches?

As for you, Writer, that is just what happens when somebody uses a lot of SwiftWings. It also did not hurt that they were using normal attacks, which are naturally fast. It also does not hurt that they were being used against the Hydra, possibly one of the slowest monsters in the entire game.
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Jul 6, 2004 24:20

Well, it seems that in the final day of the tournament, it comes down to vision_of_paradise, zendrix, and myself. Let's eliminate me, for zendrix will destroy poor Foxie.

Say MintMan, what do you do if a tournament has two people with equivalent numbers of wins? Is there a tiebreaker match to solve the problem?...(if I somehow beat zendrix, I certainly won't survive a tiebreaker with VoP).

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------

MintMan

Member #1

Jul 6, 2004 12:08

A tiebreaker would violate the set end date that is attempted to be upheld at all costs. If it ends in a draw, then so be it. It has happened before. The XP and Points are divided evenly among all, and each "winner" gets the entire flop of relics.

However, such a thing is very rare. Even a level difference of one can upset the entire thing.
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Jul 6, 2004 17:23

It may be rare, but so it is: VoP and zendrix both have 4 wins.

EDIT: What in the name of the Alicorn? Vision_of_paradise was proclaimed the winner, and Zendrix gets nothing!!!? Even though both have 4 wins and 1 loss? No justice in this world. ~LE

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------

[Editted by LieutenantEagle on Jul 7, 2004 2:07]
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Jul 7, 2004 15:38

LE, do me a favor and don't mention justice.

I have a few questions concerning the tournaments that I'm sure have been answered in some shape or form some when long ago, but I can never find anything. Wavey Mouth I shall ask now so that I don't mess stuff up next time.
  1. Are you allowed to enter both of your creatures into tournaments? What about when they both get up to the same level range? That second one would just be weird...Artimis is annihilated by Usagi's attack! SailorSassyStar is the winner Boggle
  2. Does the default AI change when you switch creatures, or does it force it to match like in the last tournament?
  3. How is it possible that I'm still #1 (or ever was) on the DNA Battle Board?
  There was something else...but I can't think of it...I'll let you know when my account gets buggered
MintMan

Member #1

Jul 7, 2004 17:07

Winning is not everything, Eagle. You should know that. Just because they both have the same gross number of wins does not mean they both fought equally well. See, since Zendrix originally went up against Sx3's li'l bunny, that match counted as a twenty-to-one fight, thus being worth much, much less than any other fight would have been. I was supposed to mark all of those flawed bunny-battles as draws, but... um.... * zoom! *

Okay, Sailor, like any other sort of battle, you may only ever have one of your monsters enlisted in a tournament at any given time. If you try to do otherwise, you will be stopped.
  You have only one default AI. It's main purpose is to be an AI that resets at the beginning of every day in a tournament, not for the monster to use forever.
VinnyD

Member #9

Jul 7, 2004 17:32
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On a somewhat related note, my obsession with gambling combined with this post has made me decide to resume BD, and rekindled my interest in making a creature. But since non-generic creatures with any desrciption beyond their basic physique are hard to find, I think I'll wait a while on that one.

* uses the technique Haste for ultimate creature making speed! *

Aero-Swashbuckler
Sword
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Mar 29, 2024 9:05 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022