Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 23, 2024 2:52 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: Not ranked anymore in Tournament rankings page

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Lugia7777

Member #79

Jun 8, 2004 24:42
Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Why, MintMan, why? All I did was adopt a new creature, the Monoceros, and now my name has dropped out of the listings for the tournament rankings! Is it because I "rejoined" Battling Dragons: DNA again when I hit that link that showed up when I tried to access the Tournament section of the web site? Not to sound overly egoistic or anything, but I miss engaging in friendly competition against SailorSassyStar in the rankings. Crying
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jun 8, 2004 9:52
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Weird.

My guess is it's some sorta "phantom glitch". Pretty much, when you adopted that new creature, it sorta took you off the list, even tho' you still have the same amount of points (check "inactive creatures" and see how all creatures of the same owner are stacked right on top of one another). And, as you may or may not know (I'm not sure where else your knowledge could be Slanted Mouth ), when someone first starts up, they are removed from the list. So, I bet as soon as you earn any amount of points more, you'll pop back up as the system will recognize your prior earnings.

This is probably just one of those things that isn't a serious error and is just an awkward way the coding for BD all comes together as a strangely working conglomeration of ... stuff.

So, most likely, nothing to worry about. Well, except for people thinking that you suck at the tourneys Tongue

Lair of Mad Goblin - Why be sane?

Lugia7777

Member #79

Jun 8, 2004 18:03

*sniff sniff* All right. I do hope so. While I believe it's a bit minor, it can break some other person's hearts when they are taken off the list for no apparent reason other than adopting a new creature when their old creature reaches the required level.
MintMan

Member #1

Jun 8, 2004 18:08
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

What the carp? I first I thought this would be a stupid complaint like "how come my old creature isn't listed next to my new on on teh rankings plz ???/?/!!!1", but it actually is not there; your entire tournament file was just wiped, which is very strange when you consider that Lieutenant Eagle just got a clean slate a while ago and nothing happened to him Dot Mouth that I know of, at least.

Go go gadget redo script! * takes a looksee * Oh crapple, I bah-leted it. Fortunately, I keep all tournaments recorded so that reassigning your lost points will just require a bit of script work. Bad news is that I could not save your pie; I'm sorry, Lugia, but it is lost forever. Here's a new one. * gives Lugia7777 a virtual pie of retribution *
Lugia7777

Member #79

Jun 8, 2004 19:53

Uh, right. Thanks a bunch MintMan! Anyway, will there be a Father's Day tourney? Just suggesting. And also, there should be a Lazy, uh, I mean Labor Day tourney, and also an Election Day tourney (should be cutthroat and ruthless, just like the election will be).

Anyway, I feel better now. *stops sniffling*

* eats a virtual pie of retribution *

[Editted by Lugia7777 on Jun 8, 2004 19:58]
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Jun 8, 2004 23:23

Father's Day I can understand, but Labor and Election Day? Dude, those are a couple of months away. Sign-ups never span more than two weeks away. You are getting a little ahead of yourself, no?

There should be a Labor Day tournament. I mean, I do believe there was one last year.
Sword
Lugia7777

Member #79

Jun 25, 2004 16:28

Nooo... I'm still not ranked yet! MintMan, did you restore my ranking? I thought you were going to do it! Please do it... I would very much appreciate it. Thank you in advance.
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Jun 26, 2004 2:47

Sorry about the wait. I had to code a bit of Perl-fu in order to get back the proper values.

See, I could not simply re-calculate them all again because the point-determining formula has changed ever since DNA was released (and for the worse; I was not about to cheap you out of points). Also, recalculating would be impossible since monster levels have changed and so forth. Instead, I had to use RegExp to rip the points and wins straight from the victory log.

And it seems that you are currently a slight behind Sx3. It must be the lacking point values earned by monsters of such low levels as your Monoceros. Time was, you could not get a high-leveled tourney to stick, but there are plenty of 20+ tourney fighter now.

I also had to fix up Lieutentant and Zendrix, who were hit by the bug too. My account was not, for some reason, despite switching from Apostle to Zig over the tourney process. Huh....
Sword
Lugia7777

Member #79

Jun 26, 2004 10:18

Ah! Thanks, MintMan!
Sword
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Jun 27, 2004 9:40
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Welcome back to the ranking list Lugia! I'm still in the lead even with Lugia on the list? That won't last for long. Nervous MG really has to finish the killer bunny so that I can adopt a second creature and keep up with everyone else. Well, the next tourny for me is a big one, so hopefully I won't blow it. Good luck to all.
Sword
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jun 27, 2004 13:35

Ah, thanks a lot, SSS. And here I thought I was gonna surprise everyone when- BAM! You spoil it Tongue

Draft piccies!
Sword
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Jun 28, 2004 10:47
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

AHHHHHH! It's so violent yet has cuddliness of adorability! Thank You! *big hug* Boggle *backs away* Thank you ^__^'

It was supposed to be a suprise? Oops...I thought you told everyone you were making it already...my bad. Wait, how are those only the rough drafts? They are waaaaaay too cute. ^_______________^ Now it's gonna be even harder to wait for the fluffy bunny. *gaspo* I need to think up a name! *runs away to plot evil name of doom*

What was the species name again? All I remember is that I can't spell it or pronounce it...*continues to search through old topics*

I found it! I didn't spoil your suprise! You had a whole topic dedicated to the Al-Mi'Raj. I didn't have to look that far either, which I found kinda odd...I thought it was from forever ago...

[Editted by SailorSassyStar on Jun 28, 2004 11:28]
Sword
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jun 28, 2004 11:37

Pfft! A hug? That's it? Tongue

Seriously, tho' (or maybes not), the reason I said "surprise all with it" was that everyone thought it long abandoned, just like Raicho, who, btw, is not offically abandoned (i just cun draw dem wingies!).

Anyhoo, Al-Mi'Raj, or Miraj as it will be titled in BD for simplitude and alphabet friendlinesseses, is pronounced Ahl-Meh-Rahj (if that even helps) I would assume. Me knows it to be some middle eastern tongue, but I'm not sure which.

And, they were originally gonna be just the drafts, but, after taking a second lookie, I likes them just fine now. Screw you, re-doing-things! * hugs his Flop-Hop *

Wee! Go, topic changing! * To flee, uses the technique SwiftEbb *

EDIT: I either corrected or further ruined the pronounciation. Hooray!

[Editted by MadGoblin on Jun 29, 2004 16:41]
Sword
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 23, 2024 2:52 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022