Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 24, 2024 21:11 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: Hrimfaxi Remake

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Jun 4, 2004 19:48
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

What the bloody fudgesicles! I look at my website and Artimis not looks like she put on a ton of weight. Dead That and turned blue out of fright. She looks kinda ghostly too...I don't know if I like it or not...it'll probably just take a while to get used to. I'm just very confused as to when this happened because it came as such a shock. I knew it was coming, but I wasn't ready for it. >____< I want my fluffy little cream puff back!
MintMan

Member #1

Jun 4, 2004 21:47
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

What? Creampuff? Hrimfaxi has not been a creampuff for twelve whole levels, Star. As for putting on weight, sure, the Colt may have, but the Chariot is just about as beefy as ever -- just a little more blue... and drawn larger. The old pic was a small and pencil and blotchily colored.

Anyway, this change has been a long time coming. No white since it is not a moon horse, and, well, it really needed a decent color job.

So I hope that 'splains it all for ya.
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Jun 6, 2004 17:10
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Sorry. ^___^' I knew it was coming, I just hadn't been on in ages because of school, so I guess I hadn't realized that it had already started and actually reached the chariots. I'm just a bit slow I guess...yeah =P I think the dewdrops look like cream puffs. Now if only I had a flaming creampuff...

~*SailorSassyStar's VanillaFudge*~

MintMan

Member #1

Jun 7, 2004 12:11
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well, technically, since Hrim is now his slightly more accurate depiction as the Night Horse, little brother Skinfaxi will have to be a day horse, and thus sans the fire. I mean, I would really like for it to have something else, but the only description the Shining Mane was ever given is that it had... a shining mane... that illuminated sea and sky. Equine/Light is the only thing I can see coming outta that bugger; a fire horse would have to be the steed of the sun.

This is especially going to complicate Skinfaxi's little form, which I always figured would be the SunSpot to complement the DewDrop. Now I dunno what it is going to be....

Also, the remake did not sneak up on you; it just plopped down all at once for the anniversary. I had to remake all Hrimfaxi's pictures at the same time due to its spell changes.

[Editted by MintMan on Jun 7, 2004 12:12]
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Jun 9, 2004 14:31

Ah, well the spell changes messed me up. They switched during a tournament I was in...or at least I think they were still the old ones when it started. Either way, I can't complain. I just need to adjust. I'm actually glad confusion is gone, because Artimis had very bad luck with it. Nightmareishly bad. *cracks up* Bwhahaha *cough* okay, so it's not funny

Awww, poor skinfaxi. Could it just be a glowing puff then instead of a flaming puff? You know, have little beams of light shimmering off it? Nervous That might tie in cuteness with MG's bunny that hasn't come out yet...

MintMan

Member #1

Jun 10, 2004 12:13

Well, yeah, I kinda figured it would just be a golden-white creamy puff, too, but the problem is the name. I mean, what do you call a glowing ball of happiness that has to do with day or light at least?

Sun Spot and Dew Drop had a nice diad going, but what can there be now? Day Shine? Day Light? Day Ball? Light Ball? Fuzzy Marshmallow?.... mmmm, fuzzy marshmallow.

The bunny? Why don't you ask freakin' Gobbo! That bloke has Raicho and Al Miraj both all half drawn up and unreleased. Blutty torture on me, 'cause I thought there would be a new monster for the near-year it has been since another was introduced.
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jun 10, 2004 22:38

Well, I was all gonna say this last night, but then the st00p00d forums had to go all borkie for just the BD part. Bah!

Anyhoo, production (that's what I call it, why not?) of the Al-Mi'raj was blatently stopped after no one at all seemed to care much about it. That, and I didn't like the way it was turning out. Same with the Raicho. I mean, I've had good intentions of re-redoing Kama Itachi and Tatzelwurm for hate on how they cames out, but with all this new complicated things going on, I dunno what will be, know?

Maybe I'll just make the gelatinous blood sac monster. Dem crazy japanese!

Lair of Mad Goblin - Why be sane?

SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Jun 11, 2004 21:13

Glowing cream puff? Fuzzy marshmellow? It could be called a SunPuff. That sounds okay with dewdrop to me. Is what it's called all that important? I just thought the skinfaxi would be the coolest to have. Artimis has always wanted a little brother too. ^__^'

I love the bunny! I was planning on making it my next adoption since the future of the skinfaxi looks not so bright. ;__; Please don't discontinue the fluffy cutenesses. Well, then again...in the one picture it looked pretty possessed. Then again, who said you can't be cute and evil at the same time? ^_~

MadGoblin

Member #2

Jun 12, 2004 13:52

OOOkay! Teh bun-bun will be finished (prolly before the 'Cho and the redos) for yous then. And it will still be fuzzy evil cute. Fuzzy evil cute is the best. Everyone is better fuzzy evil cute. You should be fuzzy evil cute! ... er, minus the fuzzy. That would just be disturbing if you were. You'd really have to see a doctor about that.

Oy. I have too many things that I want to make. Bunny, birds, redos, Peluda, Ozaena, some type of aquatic fire-snake, Svara, blood monster... and that's not even all o' dem! ... yeah!

worthlessed!
VinnyD

Member #9

Jun 12, 2004 14:20
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Where the hel do you find these things!!? I've only been able to find some boring monsters to try and make, and you come up with some aquatic fire snake!!?? I want to make something other than Fenris. Too many dog/wolf creatures here, and not fun enough to draw.
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jun 12, 2004 17:23

You really want to know where I find most? Accident. I just stumble upon them randomly. I mean, I found a tiger-carp load of new'uns just by trying to find more on about the kama itachi, which saddly included a wall monster. Wall Monster. And, no, not one that lived in a wall or was affiliated with them, it plain is a wall. Awesome levels? : ... unknown Tongue

That, and Encyclopedia Mythica is a good place to look.

Oo, that reminds me, add Cu Sith to that list. And 5-eyed deer! And falcon-fish!

Lair of Mad Goblin - Why be sane?

MintMan

Member #1

Jun 12, 2004 18:41

Cannot find interesting monsters?! It is not so much the interesting-ness as it is how much description you can get from them for spells. I mean, sure, the Celphie sucks hard, but what kind of spells could it be given? Help-Me-I-Suck? I think not.

If you do not like Fenrir (who is actually pretty interesting considering it is a three-stage doggie: the Big Bad Bound, the Li'l Pup, and the Formless Blob. Horray!) then either search the RE Bestiary for something you do like or look up really strange mythologies and folklores. Dem things is filled with odd monsters.

If everyone is gonna be takin' stakes (mmm, steaks) on what they want to make in the near future, I want in, too: Bennu the Sun Bird, Salamander the Fire Elemental, Wyvern the Biped Dragon, Falak the Universe Serpent, Bargeist the Phantom Hound (like we need any more of those Wavey Mouth ), Leucrotta the Swiftest, Sea-Dog the Boatwright, Barometz the Vegetable Lamb, and, for a long shot, Hydrus the Reborn. I wonder how many of those I shall be able to not complete? My guess? All!- save Bennu who I have to jam out for July 9th, BD's anniversary.

I know Six has his eye on Kraken, Leviathan, and Hrevmergl or some strange giant wind bird. Hey, if anyone wants to make a bird, go ahead and does it!

Also remember, kiddies: reserves made in BD's Official Reserve System expire three months after you staked 'em out, so you gotta reserve them if you wanna keep 'em. Here's lookin' at you, Zedd!
VinnyD

Member #9

Jun 12, 2004 19:49
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well if we can now adopt them from the bestiary, I gots Asipatra the metal bird thingamajig... This could end up cool or sucking, but hey, I might be the first non minty family member to create a monster.

* uses the technique Haste for ultimate speed and needless rping *
Sword
Zedd

Member #76

Jun 13, 2004 5:08
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hang on, someone else has just reserved the Ryu. Does that mean I am now unable to complete it? Or, since it was already 'accepted', can I go on to scan in the two remaing pics (which I've already got drawn out)?

- Zedd i Randir, Lord of the Storm
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Jun 13, 2004 15:58

The guy who usurped the Ryu is a huge newb that does not even have a web site and therefore very little chance of even having a scanner/drawing talent. The reserve is moot, if such is the correct usage of moot.

Whaddayamean you can now take things from the Bestiary? You always could! That was one of the points of even making the Bestiary, in fact.
Sword
Zedd

Member #76

Jun 13, 2004 21:12
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I assume that means I can get it done? I'll try to scan the pics sometime this week... If I get the chance...

Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Jun 24, 2004 12:34

Be it far from me not to take advantage of an already made post!

Whoops, forgot about doing this for all of the monsters. This sorta thing has a tendacy to slip my little mind from time to time. At any who, with Hrimfaxi redrawn all nice and mostly purdy (at least better than what it was. * shudders *), I present to you all of its pictures.... which is really kind of a waste since Hrimfaxi is one of the only monsters to get these sorts of spiels and to actually have people who own all of its forms and spells Boggle Oh well, in case you are too lazy to visit three seperate user profiles, here they are in nice compacted-ness form!

Dew Drop
   Midnight: Strike Down 20% (Dark)
   Dew Shot: 20 Power Magic Attack (Water)

Colt
   Nightfall: 15 Power Magic Attack, Strike Down 20% (Dark)
   Frost Mane: 30 Power Magic Attack (Ice)
   Morning Dew: 25 Power Curation Spell (Ice) (that's status curing, not damage healing)

Chariot
   Night Bringer: 25 Power Magic Attack, Strike Down 25% (Dark)
   Frost Wave: 45 Power Magic Attack (Ice)
   Dewfall: 30 Power Curation Spell on All Allies (Ice)

Now, I know what you are going to say -- "I like tacos," but after that, you are probably going to say:

Question Mark Why does Morning Dew look like it should be named Dewfall and vice versa: Well, they probably should be. However, since NightBringer has to be the ultimate spell's name (since I like it better than Nightfall) and I cannot have to spells with "fall" in their name for the same stage (no rule; it would just be odd), the names fell down like that. Dewfall is a close-up since as a Chariot, Hrimfaxi actually has a bit to chomp down upon.

Question Mark Why does dew cure: Read up on your Norse. Dew from some place is always healing or nurturing something.

Question Mark What is up with the name Frost Wave: It is not supposed to be called that. I had that as a tenative name before I ripped something from a nice li'l Norse-Engligh dictionary I know, but then the dictionary did not have any words pertaining to ice! The spell is supposed to be called something around the realm of "Isadi" meaning "Covered in Frost", but I have to get the conjugation down right.

Question Mark Why doesn't Hrimfaxi have the moon anymore again: Hrimfaxi is more technically associated as the steed of the Night Goddess's chariot (Nott), not the Moon God's (Mani).
  Question Mark So... you're an idiot: Half right. The fact of the matter is, most sources conflict this arrangement. Often times, the actual horse for the moon is portrayed as a Sun horse instead! In fact, you can find idiot pagan covens in Florida that actually blab about Hrimfaxi being the moon horse rather than the night horse. This conflict is further explained in the Bestiary.
  So why didn't you just change his name: The frosty-maned dew-dropper is named Hrimfaxi. I did not have the wrong name on the wrong horse; I simply had the horse's role mixed up. Changing the name would not Nidafells' Dragon my way out of this.

Previous forum familiars
  Monoceros / Kamaitachi
  Basilisk
  Tatzelwurm
  Jabberwock / Cwn Annwn
  Nidhogg
  Garm
  Hydra

Boy, the last monster-making topic sure took a while to find -- Hydra is all the way back on page five! Do you know how many topics I passed up titled about making new monsters?
  And here we are one-hundred topics later with only a remake to show for. Somebody's gotta get busy....
Sword
Zedd

Member #76

Jul 6, 2004 6:13

So I have. Enter to see... The last pics of the Ryu... Slanted Mouth .

As a side note, and totally unrelated, could I get an Adventurer Token?

[Editted by Zedd on Jul 6, 2004 6:16]
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Jul 6, 2004 11:58

Shardstorm rocks. * gives Zedd a virtual AdventurerToken much deservingly *

I shall put him up for the anniversary. As per rules of the contest, you shall get to adopt one along with Dai-Sho. I guess I am going to have to rig something up for that as well Slanted Mouth Oh well.
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 24, 2024 21:11 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022