Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 24, 2024 9:28 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: Frozen Tourney

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
writer77

Member #4

Apr 12, 2004 11:25
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Um, is it just me, or has the April 2 tourney taken an unusually long time to finish? I was supposed to end three days ago, but nothing has happened.

Also, I had some problems getting the new AI system for the M4 to work properly. I would click on something in the "selects" on the far left, but nothing would happen on the other selects. The help button also didn't seem to work. I'm thinkin' it's probably just my stupid computer, but I thought I would mention it just in case.

Endless Horizon
  "It looks like I'm going to die as I have lived.... completely surrounded by morons!"
  -Bl. Mage
MintMan

Member #1

Apr 12, 2004 22:33
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

The April 2nd will be over tonight at midnight (or thereabouts). I do not know what exactly happened there... no wait, I think I do. My server was getting hit by a lot of CGI failures earlier this month, and since these tourneys operate under the assumption that the battles take place when scheduled (a stupid thing to assume, frankly), everything gets messed up. Even one battle not taking place when it was supposed to can corrupt the flow of things, making a tourney take upwards to twice as long as it should have Embarrassed

As for your AI dilemma, which things were you selecting? Was it the optiongroup headers, because not only should you not technically be able to even select those, but they would not do anything anyway.
  You are not challenged right now, so I would have no way to log into your account and see what the problem is.
YoshiA25

Member #161

Apr 12, 2004 22:48
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Um, I didn't want to start a new topic just for this little problem, so I'll post here as we are on the topic of M4...

Well, the update says that M4 was converted to wins/experience giving battles. Well, I got the experience and I lost the relics that I used, but I didn't get the win that I guess I earned... Crying

I'm really sure that I had 18 wins before this battle, and I am just checking up on this... Slanted Mouth
Lunar_Mage

Member #148

Apr 14, 2004 24:40
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

The April 2 tourney is still frozen. What has been going on?
MintMan

Member #1

Apr 14, 2004 20:22
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Still frozen? The Hel is going on? The four remaining participants are in battle already; it should be ending. Well, I am the confused on this one. I am going to have to watch it 'round midnight to make sure it ends this time...

No wins? That should not be... I mean, if you are getting the experience and all. *sigh* Yet another thing to look into....

Okay... okay..... okay. The wins were in fact recorded.... but they were slightly recorded in the wrong area Nervous I can still put 'em where they belong, tho'.

[Editted by MintMan on Apr 14, 2004 20:59]
YoshiA25

Member #161

Apr 14, 2004 23:10
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yay, it's nice to know that my luck is not that totally bad... Tongue

Thanks for clearing that up.

[Editted by YoshiA25 on Apr 14, 2004 23:15]
writer77

Member #4

Apr 17, 2004 9:51
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

The AI thing still ain't workin'... but I forgot to stay logged in as a challenge. I'm kinda afraid someone will accept my challenge and kill me since my AI would be messed up. I click on the left most box and pick what I want to use from it, but nothing happens to the other two boxes. I'm not able to pick an ability from the second list, and I'm not able to pick how long from the third list. Don't know why, but that's what's happenin'.

Endless Horizon
  "It looks like I'm going to die as I have lived.... completely surrounded by morons!"
  -Bl. Mage
MintMan

Member #1

Apr 17, 2004 13:33

It might be because of poison controls... but I have a Basilisk and never noticed nuthin' Slanted Mouth

Wait, you just got Repair, did you not? It could be linked to healing. I assumed that worked since all the other special condition things did, but perhaps the problem is in there. I shall let you know.

Nope, I was wrong. I did in fact test it; I remembered doing so once I saw the results again. Healing works fine. I would hate to say it, but it sounds like a local issue to me, especially with the first combo triggering.
  The only thing you can do is get challenged so that I may see what the fruit is going on; that, or at least report what JS debug info it pops up. Because of the lack of complaints from anyone else, this does not seem to be much of an issue.

[Editted by MintMan on Apr 17, 2004 13:49]
YoshiA25

Member #161

Apr 17, 2004 20:00

Ummmmm, I think there's another tourney problem. I logged in to the tournament section today, and it still says I'm in the Catchup tourney fighting against Lyera, but yet nothing has taken place in the battle. Also, when I tried to check the tourney, it says it doesn't exist. If this another frozen one?
MintMan

Member #1

Apr 18, 2004 24:37

Okay, after an entire post about a frozen tourney, you would think that your description of one not even existing would qualify as something different, namely in that it does not exist.

However you people got locked in something that never even started is beyond me; most of the tourneys this mid-month were canceled due to lack of qualified sign-ups (the tourney script kept dying on the frozen tourney, so members were not being properly ejected until last night).

Looks like I am going to have to rig up the battle script to eject people from it.
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Apr 23, 2004 15:01

Speaking of frozen tournaments, the April 17 tournament (Digit Schmidgit), which was supposed to end April 19, has not even begun! On my log, it acknowledges the commencement of battle between myself and draggy1234; however, nearly a week has passed, and nothing has happened. The tournament is still shown as existing because it appears on the list of current tournaments. Is this a related problem, or something entirely different?

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------

That's l-i-e-u-t-e-n-a-n-t
MintMan

Member #1

Apr 23, 2004 18:53

Entirely related; the thing that was freezing April Second tourney was locking up the entire system with a core dump (the UNIX equivilent to the blue screen of death).

The problem was rid of, and the tourney could begin; however, since it was beginning on a day that was not its intended start date, it required some manual coaxing, so yeah, the time will be off.

.... I guess I could have just as easily modified the start date, but what are you gonna do?
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Apr 26, 2004 7:44
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I know! You could always make a tournament for bigger creature while I wait to find out what to adopt next! Nervous It would be really nice to get Artimis all the way to 25 before I get a new critter so that I don't have to worry about it next time around. *is abnormally positive* If I can get this all to happen by summer break I could...*loses interest* What am I supposed to do in the meantime!? Dead Thank you for your time in reading this silly little babble(ing)

~*SailorSassyStar's VanillaFudge*~

Cheetarius

Member #10

May 15, 2004 5:53
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

*Tourney Problem Update*

Meh, the "Catchup" tourney is still glitching around apparently. I'm one of those stuck in it, and it's removing my applications to other tourneys. Foul, accursed scripting errors!

- Cheetarius, Saphire Leader
writer77

Member #4

May 15, 2004 22:28

This has nothing to do with Frozen Tourneys, but since this topic seems to be the tourney error thread, I'll say this here anyhow.

Mintman, you set the maximum for the Flowers2 tourney to be "f10." Being as such, no one can join it, and it's probably causin' all kinds o' havoc. That being said:

* plants a virtual IceCream tree *

Mmmm... frozen treats to go with the frozen tourney.

Endless Horizon
  -Bl. Mage
Sword
Lugia7777

Member #79

May 21, 2004 19:14
Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Odd. It appears that I can't sign up for any other tourneys now. I've been checking once in a while for about a month now (damn AP tests took a lot of time away from me visiting Reality's End) and I can't seem to get into any tourney Crying *hangs his head in shame*.

But anyway, I checked the rankings for the tournaments. I was shocked when I was #1. I mean, I thought I would be like #3 or #4 by now since I haven't visited RE in about two months. Is there something wrong with the tourneys recently?
MintMan

Member #1

May 21, 2004 22:35

Number one seems about right; you are a Hrimfaxi that fought a lot long ago when points were more generously reward, so that explains that.

As for tourneys, not a lot of been coming out recently. I mean, there was the May Monthlies and then the Flower tourneys, and that covers it for the last month; there will be some more for June very soon, but that is about it. Yeah, I'm lazy.
Zedd

Member #76

Jun 2, 2004 5:33
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

i think the Catchup tourney is frozen now.
  it's been saying I'm facing ToddM for days, and when I click on the 'check tourney' button, it says that it doesn't exist.

- Zedd i Randir, Lord of the Storm
MintMan

Member #1

Jun 2, 2004 12:00

What th-- Catch Up? That tourney ain't even going on right now! Lousy tourney cancellation script -- how many things evaded its sweeping grasp that turned out to be not so sweeping?

Also, lousy me for ridding of the tourney-cancellation script to make the Hrimfaxi-redo script. Now I gotta go back and put that all into place. Feh.
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 24, 2024 9:28 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022