Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 24, 2024 15:40 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: Fast as I don't know what

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
YoshiA25

Member #161

Mar 18, 2004 23:46
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Um is it just me, or are web battles going faster than the dickens. I mean, my web battle before this one, I fought Lyera, and I think it was over in the span of about 6 hours (and no, I didn't get beat that badly). This afternoon, during 4th period, I accepted LeeTupper's challenge, and before the 90 minute period was over, another loss was tallied under my record. Well anyway, I might be new, but web battles have never been that fast for me.

$5 says that the post that follows will probably have the phrase "READ THE FAQ YOU NOOB!"
LeeTupper

Member #42

Mar 19, 2004 9:23
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

DANG! Orm must 'ave been guzzling coffee or somethin'. Then there's the fact that he was a level higher... but... dang. Super snakey! Yeah, these battles are running qucker. Is it because our speed stats have gone up?
What is this arcane desert?- My current english teacher
  Do I dare ask why this looks like a potato chip?-my 7th grade english teacher, with a destroyed piece of homework
boyachi

Member #92

Mar 19, 2004 12:58
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Not like I always know what I'm talking about, but the may second battle was much faster than the first. Yeah, only two battles for me, but there was a big difference if you ask me.
The Summer of the Dawn is here. However, it is experiencing technical problems and should be fixed by... this summer.
MadGoblin

Member #2

Mar 19, 2004 15:56
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

They have been going faster, I would assume. My Tatzlwurm went up against Zendrix's Hrimfaxi and, even though the battle log filled half a screen, it ended in a matter of hours.

Frankly, I'm not complaining, 'cuz that battle landed me my sweet Tatzlwurm Guardian! Ph33r!
Lair of Mad Goblin - Why be sane?

MintMan

Member #1

Mar 19, 2004 19:13

The Hel? They are going faster? Since when?

Now, M4 Battles I could perfectly understand as a debug procedure can actually make them travel backwards in time, but normal web battles? Get out. * takes a looksee *

Debug ain't showing anything. Hmmm...

.... d'oh, found it. M4 thing like I thought; I changed the timer name.
YoshiA25

Member #161

Mar 20, 2004 21:10
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Oh wow, I actually made a worthwhile post.

*Does cartwheels up and down the room*

Well, thank you for clearing that up for me. I had I think 8 wins in a row before those 2 battles, and then I get trounced twice, each taking less than I would think 90 minutes.

Oh well, you win some and you lose some (very badly)
MintMan

Member #1

Mar 20, 2004 21:57

Technically, those battles were over in less than an hour. The timing was being set to zero (which is midnight, New Years, 1970). Therefore, as soon as the battle started up... it was over! I mean, unless the fight would have taken over thirty years to process Bah!

While on the topic of battle speed, M4 is going to have speeds besides the default fast speed. There will be a Super Fast for Eggs, a slowed battle to take advantage of M4's extra options, and an arena mode in which battle only processes during daylight hours.
LeeTupper

Member #42

Mar 20, 2004 23:08
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Wow. Beating somebody in -34 years? Is there some significance to that, Mints?
What is this arcane desert?- My current english teacher
  Do I dare ask why this looks like a potato chip?-my 7th grade english teacher, with a destroyed piece of homework
MadGoblin

Member #2

Mar 21, 2004 10:33

The year 1970 is just the default clock time on all computer timers, if I recall what I was told correctly. A bunch of computer geeks probably just said, "Yeah, why not" and made it that time. Prolly had something to do with their MUDing
YoshiA25

Member #161

Mar 24, 2004 14:32

Either way, I got my bum handed to me on a silver platter, whether it be 30 years ago, when I was -14, or today when I'm alive and kicking at 16

Oh well...
Camo

Member #5

Mar 24, 2004 20:50
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Wish I got my bum handed to me on a silver platter.
YoshiA25

Member #161

Mar 24, 2004 21:26

* plants a virtual Bum tree *

Get your bums, get your bums here!
  Get them while they're hot...
Sword
boyachi

Member #92

Mar 31, 2004 19:47

* picks a virtual Bum and puts it on a silver platter *
  Wow, Camo, you better hurry up, this is fantastic, but its kinda cold.
  I wish someone would accept my challenges from the past, but no one does.
The Summer of the Dawn is here. However, it is experiencing technical problems and should be fixed by... this summer.
Sword
Camo

Member #5

Apr 1, 2004 24:02
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

* picks a virtual Bum and begins poking people with it, oh look everyone, its giving away free chocalates  *

Chocalate for all.
Sword
Battalon127

Member #25

Apr 1, 2004 13:08

Chocolates? Me wants a chocolates.
  * picks a virtual Bum and looks for a silver platter *
There's no such thing as a soul. It's just something they made up to scare kids, like the boogeyman, or Michael Jackson. ~Bart Simpson

Alcohol, the cause of, and solution to all of life's problems. ~Homer Simpson
Sword
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 24, 2024 15:40 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022