Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 19, 2024 13:56 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: Tournament Bug....

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Ash10

Member #3

Feb 20, 2004 8:01
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I don't know if it just me, but here it is anyway. I can login to my BD account, and I can log into the main BD:DNA page. When I log into the main BD:DNA page, I click join a tournament. Then, I check off one of the tournaments, its the Titans one for 20-25, and click Join. Well, it brings me to a page that says incorrect password, please change it. So, I keep trying, but ti doesnt' work. I got out to the main page, view the tournaments, find the Titan one, click on it, enter my stuff, and click join and I get the same error. I have been randomly getting password errors in all the BD lately too.
NOVA Mod Team Leader

OG Network Executive

MintMan

Member #1

Feb 20, 2004 19:37
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Thank you oh-so-much for calling this thing "Tournament Bug" instead of something about passwords which seems to be the bigger issue at hand here, what with this affecting more than just tournaments, according to you. Now we have two topics about passwords, and we are going to have to keep repeating outselves for those two aren't reading the other.

I swear, people need to learn how to topic a post. So many times they get titles like "Huh?".... What the Hel does that mean? We end up with five new topics all about the same thing made in a row, each with an even more obscure subject line, and all because they didn't know where to find help on it at because they cannot decifer what "Huh?" might contain! BLAAAARRGGG!

Anywho, sounds wacky. Obviously, if it works somethings and not others, it cannot be a problem with the script; they have not changed and can only check what they are told to check. The only explanation is some sort of connectivity issue.

Now, are you using cookies? Because, if it is failing with cookies, then that narrows down the search a lot.

Welp, I just looked up, and there is no problems on record with YS. The only thing I can do is put a tracking script in both the account log-on and the tournament page. That should give us a hint as to what the problem in fact is.
  I know some people's compies do not send over proper form submittal data, thus the prevention of certain REL wins and sign-up procedures. This might be along the same lines.
Ash10

Member #3

Feb 21, 2004 7:46
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Topics with names that mean nothing are fun!

Also, update. I was able to join the tournament. It gave me the error about incorrect password, so I hit back, then I submitted again exactly the same, and got through.

NOVA Mod Team Leader

OG Network Executive

MintMan

Member #1

Feb 21, 2004 10:18
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well, this is very interesting. Here is the log for errant passwords (minus the two I purposely put in):

Now, it is supposed to contain (and did through my testing) the input user name, password, and content length (a CGI thing) of the buffer. According to this, input forms are not even going through! This is definantly a user's computer problem. Thing is, not even user names are going through. You are not being told that because somehow a blank account is always being created; this has always been around, and I do not know why it happens.

So... yeah. Freaky. It happens a lot, apparently, although I do not know how much of that is simply search engine robots and the like trying to index those pages.

This also reminds me, didn't you used to have a problem with your cookies not going through even tho' your cookies were in fact correct? I suspect it is the same thing as this; no problem with cookies, just your connection! Your computer just doesn't like this site....
Ash10

Member #3

Feb 21, 2004 20:27

Yeah, my computer has problems with this site. It doesn't store my password for the Forums, but it does the username. And, it randomly does that thing with BD not working right.
NOVA Mod Team Leader

OG Network Executive

YoshiA25

Member #161

Feb 21, 2004 22:54
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yeah, that same thing with the forum password happens to me to. Every time I've made a post, I've clicked "Store Name and Password", and yet everytime I make another one, I gotta type everything in over again... Not that I'm lazy or anything, just curious...
MintMan

Member #1

Feb 21, 2004 23:30

Chances are that you just have your cookie settings on to store too little information. RE unfortunately has to store all of its cookies in the top-level (since they are made use of from the CGI-BIN as well as conventional directories).

Then again, I am not too clear on all of the changes that were made with P3P. They only came to my attention when END was being made.

It could have something to do with the forums and tournaments both taking place in a directory inside of the CGI-BIN.
Camo

Member #5

Feb 22, 2004 3:02
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Its always those bloody cookies!
  Why must they always toil our plans!
writer77

Member #4

Feb 22, 2004 14:47
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Not that this has anything to do with anything, but if you keep having trouble with a password, you should make sure that you don't have the caps lock on. Not that it's ever happened to me or anything....
Endless Horizon
  "It looks like I'm going to die as I have lived.... completely surrounded by morons!"
  -Bl. Mage
Camo

Member #5

Feb 22, 2004 17:28
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Nothing like getting on the puter after a sibling and loggin onto MSN then saying "HEY HOWS IT GOING, WANNA GET DRUNK TONIGHT" It just makes it feel threatening so then usualy the person your talking to will infact become your drinking buddy for the night.

dribble dribble mungdax....
Sword
YoshiA25

Member #161

Feb 23, 2004 21:56
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I know this doesn't really have to do with that current topic or whatever, but the title is Tournement Bug... Um, I was signing up for the Third Monthly War tourney, and I noticed that the familiar Sneasel is at Level 10, and yet he is in the tourney given for levels 7-9. Now, I'm supposed to be at level 9 right after the current tourney I'm in ends, and I'm being selfish in that I want those relics... Anyways, could you look into that, Mintman, thanks.
MintMan

Member #1

Feb 24, 2004 21:05

Try looking again, Yoshi. No Sneasel.
  Know why? Because it is level ten. Or at least, it is level ten now.

See, tournaments only prevent a familiar from leveling up while the tournaments are actually taking place. While waiting, everything is free game. This is largely because the tournament script kicks out any illegitamate participant every day as it cycles. You just happened to see Sneasel immediately after it had leveled up, but not before midnight when the script checks its members and kicks out everyone.

It would require insane cross-networking of scripts to keep that thing up to date every freakin' second, which is obviously why I do not bother. Since no members will ever be in a tournament of inappropriate level as they are removed before the tournament has a chance to start, this is not a problem at all.

And yes, this had more to do with the current subject than the actual topic itself, but is still all good.
YoshiA25

Member #161

Feb 25, 2004 13:41

Will YoshiA ever make a worthwhile post? Will he ever take the time of day to find some patience? Will he actually use that patience to ever read anything after he actually finds it? All this and more...

[Editted by YoshiA25 on Feb 25, 2004 13:51]
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 19, 2024 13:56 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022