Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 25, 2024 1:54 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: Huh?

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Feb 7, 2004 2:19
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I was in the middle of a tournament match (FEBRUARY3) with Asfaloth. Seeing as I had 21 MP remaining yet I could not cast Horn, I decided to update my AI to see if I could at least use the remainder of my Magic Points to drop my opponent's strength.

Strangely enough, not immediately, but soon afterwards, the entire battle was restarted. What in the name of the Emerald Scepter is going on? Did I mess something up by altering AI in the midst of battle?
LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -------------------------
  Ford, #1. Dodge, #1. Toyota, #1.
  Who's #2?!?!?!
MintMan

Member #1

Feb 7, 2004 13:32
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

This is a new one by me. I would have to check Your-Site's system status. A burp or something may have occured.

Whatever it was, it was not your AI. I dunno why you even had to change it anyway, tho', since any monster instantly reverts to just Attacking when it runs out of magic, thus eliminating the need for your to declare it specifically.

Nope. There is nothing in the Your-Site forum about a glitch (as some of you might remember happened a few months back, but setting this entire site back three weeks rather than just a bit in time).
  The only other thing it could be is some off-site robot accessing the tournament processing script, which I did not think they could really do. I wonder if every tournament restarted, 'cause that would suck.

At any rate, this has never happened before as far as I know, but it still looks like I am going to have to implement some tighter security on these scripts.
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Feb 7, 2004 14:38
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

The tournament itself didn't restart; it was just the match planned for that day.

I know that the AI reverts to attacking infinitely when you run out of MP; however, I just wondered if Bray cost less than 21 MP. Ah well.
LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -------------------------
  Ford, #1. Dodge, #1. Toyota, #1.
  Who's #2?!?!?!
Rook

Member #112

Feb 7, 2004 19:27
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Feb 7, 2004 13:32, MintMan said:

as some of you might remember happened a few months back

Was that when my familiar disappeared?

How did it feel meeting so many trainers like yourself in your travels? What was awoken inside you? I want you to hit me with it all! Now, bring it!

~ Steven: Ruby/ Sapphire version champion
MintMan

Member #1

Feb 7, 2004 20:40
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Um... I actually think this was a seperate incident.

The main problem with the server-reset was that a bunch of match cancellations were sent out for battles that had taken place long ago, thus arousing quite the confusion.
Lunar_Mage

Member #148

Feb 15, 2004 3:33
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

In the Lonley Prime Tournament, my battle with Akari_Tenmeino on the first day seems to be the only one that has been resolved, yet I am still able to be battling with Valaga. Is there an error here?
MintMan

Member #1

Feb 15, 2004 12:00

The Hel is going on with the tournaments? They never did this before.... bah!

Well, it is too late to do anything now since the new day began, so I shall have to try and correct things tonight in it as well as figure out why all these things are happening and why they are happening only now.
Lunar_Mage

Member #148

Feb 16, 2004 6:47
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I am supposed to be fighting calem in the Lonley tournament right now, yet it says that I am not scheduled to fight anyone today when I log in. Is this what happened earlier?
MintMan

Member #1

Feb 16, 2004 8:58

Um.... yes?

Remember how I said that I would fix it? Well, two scheduled fights on the first day never went through; one of which involved Calem. How the Hel are you supposed to fight Calem today if Calem has to make up a fight that mysteriously evaporated day one?

Thus, I set the entire tourney back by one day by re-matching all of the day one fights, save for you and AT since you have already battled one another. This will get everything back on schedule.
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 25, 2024 1:54 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022