Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Mar 29, 2024 3:21 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: New Relic Ideas

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
YoshiA25

Member #161

Feb 6, 2004 23:53
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hey Mintman, I know that you hate February and all, but I couldn't resist asking this. Since it IS February and Valentine's Day is right around the corner, you could make one of your specialty relics. My idea was to call it "Cupid's Arrow", and that with each normal attack, it would take a little bit of Magic and have a chance to confuse the target.

Oh Well, just an idea...:)
Camo

Member #5

Feb 7, 2004 5:44
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hmm... I dont think thats quite how cupids arrow worked... perhaps when someone uses it before a battle the opponent does nothing for a random amount of turns before it gets its senses back and realises it does not love something that continually bites and magics it.
MadGoblin

Member #2

Feb 7, 2004 7:31
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Seeing how Ems likes the more mythological road, I think "Eros' Arrows" would not only be more suiting, but also carry that hi-lareous reiteration. Ha-hah!

And it probably wouldn't do something each attack, but would just strike the opponent at the start of the match and like... have a very small chance to prevent any actions against?
  I have no idea. But it definately wouldn't confuse, seeing how he hates that.
  EDIT: And, Camo, that would be way too powerful. Any guaranteed amount of locked out actions, even if only one or two, horribly overturns the battle favor by, well, 100%.

Lair of Mad Goblin - Why be sane?

[Editted by MadGoblin on Feb 7, 2004 7:35]
MintMan

Member #1

Feb 7, 2004 13:37
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

* growls *

No. A Valentine's tournament has already been discussed, newb, and will be implemented. The relic given has also already been decided.

Further more, no. No to every idea that you and anyone else has. Do I ever ask for relic ideas? Of course not. Legally, I cannot even read anything that you suggest in case anything I have already planned or will plan in the future infringes upon it. This is why I never for ideas, suggestions, or help from any other person ever. It could put me in quite the legal bind, which I would want to avoid at all possible costs.

Also, your relic goes against everything a relic is supposed to do; no relic ever takes on an ability that a spell should have. It unbalances the powers in the game.

Of course, you are new and did not bother to read, oh, anything, apparently, to know what everyone else already does.
Camo

Member #5

Feb 7, 2004 17:20
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Sorry, I know I'm new, I'll read stuff better now.

When will the ability to clean our monsters poo be implimented, I guessing Ripper would have quite a s***ty den right about now.
YoshiA25

Member #161

Feb 7, 2004 18:59
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Errr, I think he was yelling at me...Um, ya, I feel like the biggest heel in the world now. I heartily apologize for my extreme naivity(or naiveness, whatever the word is). I'm not the most patient person in the world, so ya, I deserved everything I got just there. I'll think before I speak next time.
Rook

Member #112

Feb 7, 2004 19:21

Don't be. You didn't know. We all did something like that at some point in time. Minty was probably stressed out or something. He has a lot of stuff to do at once, and the fact that he can't use his scanner. Maybe you should have considered this, though: what happens when a male familiar uses it on a male familiar? Ah, well. It's really no big deal. Oh, and Hi!
How did it feel meeting so many trainers like yourself in your travels? What was awoken inside you? I want you to hit me with it all! Now, bring it!

~ Steven: Ruby/ Sapphire version champion

[Editted by Rook on Feb 7, 2004 19:22]
MintMan

Member #1

Feb 7, 2004 20:35

I am just mad that another stupid post had to be made in this forum -- this is the 2,000th post made in the Battling Dragons forum, and there are not even 200 topics. Yes, you did your math right, kiddies. These things average less than ten replies a post. That is freakin' terrible.

Also, I did not point out before, but Holiday relics never have anything to do with mythology even remotely. They are always gag-prizes so that they may be given out only once a year without any real concern or taking up a spot in the relics page. I mean, the Turkey Suit and Tankard of Ale are not really on terms with the arrows of Eros. Those would be a normal relic if anything, and they won't because they do not have a nice, shiny name to them.
LeeTupper

Member #42

Feb 13, 2004 9:10
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Don't look at me, Minty. My topic's more than triple the average post count. *hides his Hipocerf topic behind his back* That wasn't me! Honestly! *Draws stick, and backs away slowly.* Please don't hurt me!

Tis a pity that we can't submit relics. If we could, I have some nice ideas, but Minty'd rather eat Entropy's Shadow Blast than code some of those...
What is this arcane desert?- My current english teacher
  Do I dare ask why this looks like a potato chip?-my 7th grade english teacher, with a destroyed piece of homework
VinnyD

Member #9

Feb 13, 2004 15:02
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I have a question Minty, I won a Giftbox a while ago, but it did absolutely nothing. Now I know there are relics that do nothing, but since most of these are used up can we see the results of the gag relics?
MintMan

Member #1

Feb 13, 2004 22:28

Okay, the GiftBox only works if you win; however, I did notice in some battles, it did nothing.

The same thing happens to the Wyrd Water on occasion, too, which does not make a lick of sense. I mean, how can it work only some of the time? The same code handles both of the checks!

Anywho, I am gonna go back and re-reward the Gift Box to those who won it in Christmas after I kick the code some, and only then because I do not want it musserin' up again and having me to re-re-reward it

Yeah, letting people submit relic ideas would be cool, but unrestricted idea letting reeks much havoc. I learned this from early RE League days. "der, maek a attak that do 2000 damage is it called PSYCHO-ZAPBOMB_CANNoN!!!!!1!!11 I hop u like it kplzbye".
  *shudders*

The bulk of the problem lies within the scope of relics. Since they cannot take on the effects of spells, they are very restricted in what they can do. When more aspects of the game come out in M4, more are going to be released, like the Sword of Mars (which I am going to call Marsword or Marsedge or Marsblade or something along those lines for shorterness), which causes all rivals to flinch when looking into the eyes of the wielder (by legend, Attila the Hunn -- boo-yah!). That is going to be wicked-bad in M4 when you have Dual Shots. It will break initiative ties, allowing you to get the drop on your enemy, especially with status-effecting spells and beating to a KO.
  Then, you have some effects that are simply waiting for a relic to be attached to. I thought up of some ideas for breaking the ceiling on HP and MP, that is, you can heal yourself over your maximum HP! How wacky would that be? Probably just as wacky as whatever relic could fit to such an effect. I don't know one.

But perhaps the best example of ideas that need relics are elemental attack relics. Every element needs one, and thus far, only Water, Lightning, Bestial, and Equine with the Trident, Mjolnir, Berserker, and Alicorn (I know that makes stuff Light right now, but I figure I should change it to Equine since it can fit there, too, and it will be much easier to find another Light relic than it will to find another Equine one). That only leaves... nine more standard elementals and phenotypes to go Boy, I sure am dying a lot in this post.

Now this I am freely asking for some help on. I'ma gonna need some good, itemy-relics for these things. Don't try looking on the internet; no one has this kinda thing listed. I looked for a long time....

Ah, "Help Designing a Creature" topic. That thing is, like, fifty topics old, and one I do not mind staying around. I even used that topic as reference material for the possible Sleipnir-submitter. In fact, when I make more sophisticated creature-making sections, a link to that thing is going there. I don't care if that ever dies. I think every new BD monster artist should be introduced through there.
  Good on you, Tupper.
  * gives LeeTupper a virtual Pie *
VinnyD

Member #9

Feb 14, 2004 10:50
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Unless for some reason you are opposed to India indians, then it would be easy to find a fire elemental, check out Agni, the Indian fire god (I hope my linking isnt so rusty i cant do this) THis indian site about stuff shows Agni

Yep, leave it to those crazy Hindus to prove you wrong Mintmiester. Of course it did take me a whole 20 seconds to find this. Of course you could have known this and not used it for some reason, but you asked for the help. He has a flame spewing javelin, and smoke headgear, I mean how cool is that! Of course he has the chariot drawn by fiery steeds, I mean, thats a given.

Edit!

I just checked and realized there is a buttload of other indian stuff there. So credit me with all of it, but also, I want to ask if there will ever be pictures of these items. Oh yeah, one step ahead of the game.

[Editted by VinnyD on Feb 14, 2004 10:55]
LeeTupper

Member #42

Feb 15, 2004 13:24
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

YAY! Pie! *wishes he knew how to preserve a pie* Do you think a peat-bog would work for keeping it fresh?

Hmmm... More typey relics? You want spectral and metal, too, rightish? Drake's Drum would be a possible spectral type thing.
  The legend:
   Sir Francis Drake said that if anybody were to beat his drum, he would return to save England in times of trouble. However, it also gives warnings according to legend. Supposedly, it played after Waterloo, as WW1 started, and during the retreat from Dunkirk.

Crucifix would be a pretty good light-type relic. We all know why.
What is this arcane desert?- My current english teacher
  Do I dare ask why this looks like a potato chip?-my 7th grade english teacher, with a destroyed piece of homework
MintMan

Member #1

Feb 15, 2004 14:34

That Drake thing is pretty cool. It could definantly do something, but probably not turn normal attacks into the Spectral type. It really seems to concentrate on summoning an external force over enhancing the monsters ability.

Crucifix.... despite being Catholic, I would have to conceal it with a name like Rood to keep nut-jobs from getting all up ons. I doubt it would be used as a weapon, too. It would most likely be something protective.

And Vinny, sure it is easy to find Indian stuff, but.... why? Look over the rosters. There is only one potential Hindu creature in all of the ranks, and Asipatra hardly weighs enough to get some mad-Indian relics going on. It would be like having African or Native American relics (which is really a shame, because those people were nuts about magical trinkets).
  Try to stick to more ancient or medieval centralized things. That is where the bulk of monsters come from, so that is prolly where the relics should, too.
  Drake would be stretching it normally, but I figure if we have the Jabberwock, something from that fair is prolly aight.

Also, did you sort of kinda notice that the only thing of Agni's that was given any real description was his Javelin? And even then, it never gave a name for it. I mean, sure he has head-gear of smoke, but what the Hel does that do? Increase a familiar's SmokeyHead statistic?

[Editted by MintMan on Feb 15, 2004 15:46]
VinnyD

Member #9

Feb 15, 2004 18:44

On Feb 15, 2004 14:34, MintMan said:

Also, did you sort of kinda notice that the only thing of Agni's that was given any real description was his Javelin? And even then, it never gave a name for it. I mean, sure he has head-gear of smoke, but what the Hel does that do? Increase a familiar's SmokeyHead statistic?

Yes, yes that is exactly what it does, and I'll thank you to not criticize the smokeyhead statistic. It is all I have, with my SMOKED SAUSAGE HELMET! Wait, helmet could be my custom item, yes, HELMET!!!!!!!

I was also wondering, since there is a small tag, is there a big tag? I will find out HELMET

[Editted by VinnyD on Feb 15, 2004 18:45]

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Mar 29, 2024 3:21 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022