Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 19, 2024 1:47 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: Help! Frozen RPG!

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Battalon127

Member #25

Jan 23, 2004 13:32
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

This is probably just a random bug, in which case I'm sorry to waste your time, but in case it isn't I thought I'd post it. I was playing around in the RPG a bit, exploring the cave. I was in the midst of a battle, when it froze. I selected to attack with my familiar, and no attack came, but my meters continued to rise until I was ready to attack too. I select the character and "Attack" but the Target command doesn't show up. Additionally, an error in the script shows up.
  Line 445, Character 3: 'char[...].status[...].type' is null or not an object
  BTW, I seem to be -2 EXP from leveling up. (not my familiar, but my character). Is that by bug or design?
A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question about it. ~George W. Bush

If you're having a problem with your woman, you don't go get another woman. Then you just have 2 problems. ~Frank Barone, Everybody Loves Raymond
MintMan

Member #1

Jan 23, 2004 18:26
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

That is design. As soon as you travel to a different scene, your level will go up. Negative XP is kinda like saying "Hey, you already got a level up" but you cannot actually level up without the help of a Perl script. I thought I had put in a message like "Level Up" for the next XP, but I guess I am wrong.

Hmmm, null type, eh? That is pretty freaky. Type is only called from attacks to check elemental effectiveness. Why it would be null is beyond me.

Only thing I can think to do is hope to catch a similar error when I am debugging.

I know there are some errors with timers going maverick and not being killed when they are supposed to, and then I think there are still some problems with scrolls, but beyond that, the RPG should work peachy-fine.

PS: Thank you for not using a scroll as your topic emoticon; that sea of scrolls on the entire first page of this forum is nausiating

[Editted by MintMan on Jan 23, 2004 18:30]
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 19, 2024 1:47 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022