Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Aug 23, 2019 17:10 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: until poisoned

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Camo

Member #5

Jan 21, 2004 9:23
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

In my last battle I failed poisoning so many times my bassy just decided to attack.
  Why didn't he just keep poisoning?
LeeTupper

Member #42

Jan 21, 2004 12:17
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Maybe the little snakey ran out of MP?
What is this arcane desert?- My current english teacher
  Do I dare ask why this looks like a potato chip?-my 7th grade english teacher, with a destroyed piece of homework
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jan 21, 2004 12:22
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Wrong! It's because he loves you! Why can't you see that?
Lair of Mad Goblin - Why be sane?

Camo

Member #5

Jan 21, 2004 16:21
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

YES!
  I always wanted to get my bassy's love meter up high! I'm so happy!

May have been MP.
MintMan

Member #1

Jan 21, 2004 19:18
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

It was MP; ever since I added Relics to BD, the out-of-magic message for Web Battles has disappeared.

Wacky, true. So you did not poison? That happened to me with my Bassy a few times, too. Sucks hard, 'specially against a Nidhogg
  I am trying to think of a system to rid of chance for these things, just making poison instant and constant damage, but the system starts breaking down when you get to other things that use the same infliction formula as poisoning, like dispelling, confusion, and curation. Bah!
Camo

Member #5

Feb 1, 2004 7:38

Bassy Egg - WORST CREATURE EVER

second battle in a row where I have failed to poison, I dont usually look at logs but after so many losses I wanted to see what has been going wrong.

Make a sort of semi delete account so you can rid of your newest creature and get another, cause I am just getting bored trying to get this thing to level up :s
MintMan

Member #1

Feb 1, 2004 10:58

Well, yeah, you are fighting like a 'tard.

Do not begin with a Regal. What are you, stoo-pod? Always begin with Thorn. You can raise your Strength later after they are already taking poison damage.

Also, are you only fighting Nidhogg eggs?

Poison is a bugger of a thing that is very chancy... or maybe it is one of those things that I improved upon greatly in DNA but still have to make better in the normal web battles for M4.... wait, actually, I think that is it.
  In either case, because it is a whole sink-or-float operation like confusion, you never know how it is gonna go down. I remember you complaining about your Bassy before when you had an astounding lose rate, and after I told you how to use it, your wins shot up.
  The thing is, once poison hits, your enemy egg is a goner. You not-hitting with it so much is just really bad luck. Everyone gets that. I have seen battles in which Gobbo misses like five times and gets Criticaled about just as much.

And there is no partial clearing for a this very reason. Clear Account is not supposed to be used to rid of a monster that someone has racked up a less than desirable score for. I enforced this by not allowing inactive creatures to stay after a clear, thus forcing people to learn to live by their decisions. Otherwise, you could all pull a Deathman, and no one wants that.

The only real problem Bassy faces is that there are no Avian monsters yet. It and Jabberwock are the only ones that do not have another phenotype to hurt on, and I admit that is a huge problem.

EDIT: I was just a-lookin' up the new Nidhogg post for someone in IRC when I saw Camo's original post about how he did not like the Basilisk Egg -- and that was one-hundred posts ago I did not know that many people wondered why the RPG Beta test was not finished.

Also, Camo, you really should stick ol' Slasher on your main page, or at least your forum main page. That way, it would get experience and fight better. Right now, people have to search in order for you to get a li'l bit.

[Editted by MintMan on Feb 1, 2004 16:04]
Camo

Member #5

Feb 2, 2004 6:39

You just want more hits now dont ya

no updates have been done on my site for ages, need a new version of dreamweaver as once I started using that, theres no going back to using text editors
  Might place it on the forum, maybe in the gaming section or something.
YoshiA25

Member #161

Feb 2, 2004 14:23
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well, you got me… Well I see that you had some really, really bad luck poisoning me in our last web battle, but you seemed to have beaten the crap out of me in the tourney... Anyways, good battle.

Ya, ya, I know, everybody hates a sentimentalist, but what ever...

And yes, I do use smileys too much

MintMan

Member #1

Feb 2, 2004 18:40

Yeah, that is why I have been trying to jam out BD:M4 for so long, which is essentially the same thing as the tournaments use. Its improved hit/evasion/infliction system really stamps out luck's effect.

Also, with terrains and battle stances, you will be able to move to an area where damage is reduced, take a tactician's stance, afflict the enemy, and go on guard, leaving only time to kill you foe.
  Must.... get out.... M4!

I am such an idiot. Why didn't I see it before? If poison always worked, it would be too good, and leave it to luck and it will always fail, right? So which way do I go?

.... both. Starting from this moment, poison will afflict any monster it is used against in Web Battles. What's the catch? The enemy gets a "saving throw" against the poison, giving it a chance to cut the poison time in half.

Poison in general will now last less time, but an enemy will always get the condition on it. Further more, you may now continuously poison an enemy with actual effect; now those n00bs you always fight aren't so n00bish. Double- or even triple-poisoning stacks up in the length of time a monster will receive poison damage. In M4, I even want to make Double Poisoning that causes double the normal poison damage if a monster ever gets poisoned a whole lot.

And do not worry -- your Until Poisoned AI condition will still work. It will check for the enemy having more than three turns of poison left on it.

With an improved poisoning system will also come a cleaned up curation system, which will all be added to M4 and implemented into tournaments later. I shall update the Help files once I get this new version of poison in at least the RPG or DNA one.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Because of this new poison system and its unbelievable superiority to the old one, I am going to run a "fix" script that will reduce the losses of all Basilisks and Hydras, the sole users of Poisoning spells (Tatzels don't count). This amount will be based on the number of losses and over-all battles. It should come out to being something around 15%.

[Editted by MintMan on Feb 8, 2004 11:56]
Camo

Member #5

Feb 11, 2004 6:54

ooooh, I love how on the main page there is a link to a thread I STARTED!!!
  Well I'd like to take this oportunity to thank my family and fans and tell you all to go to my s***ty little forum to pay your respects
  http://tst.suddenlaunch.com

* plants a virtual Camo tree *

And get your very own Camo Doll while they last
Sword
Rook

Member #112

Feb 12, 2004 18:03
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

YAY! I've always wanted one of these!
  *cheers*
  *waves flags with Camo's picture on it*
  *asks for Camo's autograph*
  Camo rules! All hail the King of Spam!

* picks a virtual Camo to make sure he gets one *

How did it feel meeting so many trainers like yourself in your travels? What was awoken inside you? I want you to hit me with it all! Now, bring it!

~ Steven: Ruby/ Sapphire version champion
Sword
YoshiA25

Member #161

Feb 20, 2004 24:38

YAY! My quest is over finally, I have found it....

* picks a virtual Camo for posterity! *

Sorry for ressurecting an old post, but I just had to have one.

[Editted by YoshiA25 on Feb 20, 2004 24:40]
Sword
Battalon127

Member #25

Feb 20, 2004 13:07
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yes! I found it! Camo doll!
  * picks a virtual Camo - what every kid wants this christmas *
A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question about it. ~George W. Bush

Alcohol, the cause of, and solution to all of life's problems. ~Homer Simpson
Sword
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Aug 23, 2019 17:10 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2019