Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 23, 2024 17:58 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: Weird...

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Rook

Member #112

Dec 29, 2003 14:11
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I just won a battle (Yay!), but it looks like I got no exp. from it. I'm not sure how much I had before I fought, but I'm pretty sure I had around 300 more to go before I would level up. Am I mistaken?
How did it feel meeting so many trainers like yourself in your travels? What was awoken inside you? I want you to hit me with it all! Now, bring it!

~ Steven: Ruby/ Sapphire version champion
boyachi

Member #92

Dec 29, 2003 22:13
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

yeah... I haven't battled at all yet and I have twelve exp...and I KNOW that that many people didn't enter my site. Maybe 3(me, and two friends)Is experience added for entering battles or are people that I don't know looking at my site? (hey, Mintman would make it 4)
Soon, the time will come. The Summer of the Dawn.
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 29, 2003 23:49
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Oh, yeah, you would not have got any experience. See, you are in a tournament right now, so you cannot get any experience.

If you did, you could potentially level up during it and thus exclude yourself from the tournament after it has already begun, which would create an awful mess. Instead, your experience is held until after the tournament is over, and you get latent experience.

I really need to think of a way to word gaining experience that you do not get right away, like "holds onto 22 experience" or something.
Battalon127

Member #25

Dec 30, 2003 20:28
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hmm, how about "22 experience stored" or "saving 22 experience until end of tourney?"
Be quiet, Brain, or I'll stab you with a Q-tip! ~Homer Simpson

We're in for a long struggle, and I think Texans understand that. And so do Americans. ~George W. Bush
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 30, 2003 22:19

Wordy, but I likes it.

Here is another idea I have been kickin' around for the last.... oh, twenty minutes... maybe ten. Instead of getting experience from web page views, accounts that select to do so can earn RP -- Relic Points. Such accounts would build up a store of points to purchase relics with, each with their own cost and an increasing cost at that of each relic purchased, sorta as a mirror to earning level experience.
  I am looking toward this solution because after I saw LEagle's Monoceros already at level three, most likely due to his generous hit-receiving site, his familiar has lost out on a lot of prime battling. I mean, I actually remove my familiars from my page to be able to battle for longer times, and Gobbo is going to do the same to his Raicho. This might be an alternative to such measures....
Camo

Member #5

Dec 30, 2003 22:51
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Maybe just points in generally, and you can choose to spend them on xp, relics, items, a new pooper scooper for your beast.
Frenzal Rhomb - The greatest band ever
THE SHINY THINGS - My webby, come join the forum, its not incredibly absene or nothing, no way!
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Dec 31, 2003 13:56
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Actually, I got two level-ups because I was fighting a lot on the BDRPG Beta test.
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 31, 2003 15:41

Oh.... that was not too bright. At level one, you have a damaging spell, and no one else does; you shoulda taken out some Nidhogg eggs or, well, just about anything else just because you can.
  I guess you needed to train Horn, tho'....

Buying XP? People would want their XP immediately, not later. And are not items and relics the same thing in Battling Dragons? Well, you have to exclude RPG items because due to the variety of time settings and storylines, things may not transfer over so smoothly as universal itemage.
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 23, 2024 17:58 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022