Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Mar 28, 2024 10:41 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: Second Familiar Problem

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Dec 29, 2003 24:41
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Whenever I try to adopt Asfaloth, a Monoceros, I get adoptredo.pl up, but it's a blank screen that leads me to nowhere.

Is there a problem, or is FoxMcBlur still too young for me to obtain a second familiar - because I have the link on my login page. And I don't want my Summoner thing changed, even though I will take an Arcane boost

LieutenantEagle
  "Africa is a country suffering from incredible disease."
  ~President Dubya, DubyaSpeak - we record the damage.

[Editted by LieutenantEagle on Dec 29, 2003 24:42]

[Editted by LieutenantEagle on Dec 29, 2003 24:43]
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 29, 2003 10:13
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

(Boo, too many scrolls used for topics in the BD forum)

No, you are correct. At level twenty, you can get the bonus familiar discussed way back when in another post. You still need all creatures above level twenty-five in order to adopt a new familiar, but if you can get away with one of level twenty plain.

Yeah, you can keep the same sorcerer class if you would like. You do get a new class for each one of your familiars, ya know -- seperate characters in every way for RPG purposes.
  I do not see a problem with the script, so lemme try running it a few times after uploading it again; there may have been a problem from uploading it on my home's sucky dial up.

UPDATE: A-ha! It was a simple problem of cross-file-copying non-function-crossing-ness. Problem fixed.
  Too bad the only way to test this script to completion is to be able to clear an account. That causes quite a few problems.... unless I remember that I have PieBoy and LanBoad's fakitude to test stuff with.

UPDATE the Second: Waitaminute, after all your long and tired battles against Evenfall, you decide to adopt a Monoceros I would have thought your bitterness toward them running quite high. That is just me, tho'.

[Editted by MintMan on Dec 30, 2003 24:28]
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Dec 31, 2003 14:32
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Is it just an equine thing, or did LE's critter weasel his way up a level? I currently have 7202xp with 18 to go to a level up, but look at what LE has.
  FoxMcBlur, Level 20 Kamaitachi Weasel
   Experience: 7207
  I tried to check other monsters at the same level and the only one I found was Vision of Paridise, so I pulled out the calculator (actually clicked it off the taskbar) and when I added her xp to next level to her total it was 7220, which is the same as what I need. Is it just a horsey thing or is it because you were having problems with his account? It'd be really evil to level him back down, so if an accident be the case you could just level up the 2 of us ponies. *runs before anyone has a chance to respond*

OH! *runs back* I still don't get the second familar requirements. *rereads* level 20 to get a bonus familar...and all 25 to new? Is the level 25 for when you want to get a 3rd familar? Hmmm... *runs*

~*SailorSassyStar's VanillaFudge*~

MintMan

Member #1

Dec 31, 2003 15:54
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yeah, LE might have his levelness screwed up because he was momentarily deleted, but he has been twenty for a while. If anything, he is supposed to have more experience than he currently has. I shall have to tack that on.

Okay, I proposed the bonus creature thing once before, but since it has just recently become BDDoctrine, I shall put it here before I slap it in the FAQ.

To get a new creature, all of your monsters must be raised to their fullest potential of forms, spells, and skills. This level is universally twenty-five.
  However, there is a level at which you get a bonus creature. This is currently level twenty, but for usefulness in this discussion, let us call it level B. It can change. I am testing it at level twenty; I want to drop it to fifteen and possibly even ten or five.

If you raise all of your monsters to level twenty-five or higher, you are entitled to adopt a new creature. That is standard.
  Otherwise, if you have one other monster level B or above, you are entitled to a bonus familiar. If you have multiple monsters level B or higher or even level 25 or higher, you do not get any bonus familiars. It only applies once, thus the bonus name.

Here are some sample run-downs

1 Familiar under level B: No new familiars
  1 Familiar above level B: One new familiar
  2 Familiars, both under level B: No new familiars
  2 Familiars, both level B or higher but less than level 25: No new familiars
  2 Familiars, both above level 25: One new familiar
  2 Familiars, one above level 25, one above level B: One new familiar

And it just goes on from there. Hope that helps.
Lugia7777

Member #79

Dec 31, 2003 16:02
Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

So, this bonus familiar thing is only a one-time deal, when you only have one familiar to start off with, right? In other words, once you have 2+ familiars, then that bonus doesn't apply anymore, right; instead, one would have to resort back to the old Level 25 requirement? Thanks in advance!
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 31, 2003 17:16

Well, no, you can get as many bonus familiars throughout your career as you want. I mean, it is just called a bonus familiar because you get it five levels before you should be able to.

The only difference between the bonus familiar and a normal extra one is that when all of your creatures are above the bonus level, you do not get the bonus creature again; only then do you need the twenty-five requisite.

If you raise your monster to level twenty, then raise it to twenty-five and the bonus creature you adopted to level twenty, you can get another bonus creature ad infinitum.
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Jan 2, 2004 21:06
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Thanks you so much Ms! It took me until that last post to actually understand the difference and other stuff. Yeah, I feel kinda stupid though...6 more exp points...but that kicks me out of the tourney, and I don't know what to get next. Blahk >__< How can I make such a long awaited good thing bad?* I will miss my puff even if it still is in existance.

*answer: very carefully

LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Jan 3, 2004 1:19
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Never say that I "weaseled" a level. That's as insulting as calling Ron Weasley a Kamaitachi.
LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -------------------------
  Did you know that if you put all the economics teachers in the world you would still not come to a definite conclusion?
Lugia7777

Member #79

Jan 3, 2004 1:45

But I thought all tourneys in January were cancelled... Hope there'll be tourneys in February then. Make a Valentine's Day tourney then! Thanks!
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Jan 3, 2004 22:36

On Jan 3, 2004 1:19, LieutenantEagle said:

Never say that I "weaseled" a level. That's as insulting as calling Ron Weasley a Kamaitachi.

LOL! I just had to get that bad joke in, but I'm glad I'm not the only one with a pathetic sense of humor.

What? Why would all of the tournaments be canceled? He already has them all set up, so I do believe they should run by themselves. What do I know other than the fact that I probably just jinxed them and that I'll probably get out of them with the 3 exp I need to level up.

Lugia7777

Member #79

Jan 4, 2004 5:24

MintMan posted earlier that he canceled all January tourneys due to some problems (can't remember offhand what those problems are). Just dig through the last few threads below this one. You'll find him saying that.
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Jan 5, 2004 15:17

Well, that can't very well be true because most of the January tournaments are over already. My tourney seems fine other than the fact that Fallen destroyed Artimis in 2 attacks. I don't know what you could be saying...maybe they were supposed to be canceled, but I think it's safe to say that they weren't. I kinda wish it had been canceled though.

LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Jan 6, 2004 23:53

Esh, MintMan busted his Perl yet again?...

...In any case, I hope that the Feb 04 tourneys will be up.

"50% of our oil comes from overseas. Luckily, a lot of it comes from Canada."
  ~President Dubya - apparently, an invisible ocean separates the US and Canada, DubyaSpeak - we record the damage.
MintMan

Member #1

Jan 11, 2004 13:58

Okay, I never said I canceled them; I just said they got canceled through a script error, so I had to put them all back up. They may have been canceled again due to a lack in participation, however, due to the rule of threes.

Valentine's day, huh? I shall put a tournament on it, but I shall make it all the evilest stuff imaginable, like "Puppy-Eating Tourney" and the like. Being a nerd, it is not exactly my happiest time of the year. In fact, I think I can pinpoint a cycle of meloncholy humours entirely based on that one blutty day.

So, um, yeah, now that I gots my computer back, more tournaments for January; I expect at least two more rounds before February begins.
Battalon127

Member #25

Jan 12, 2004 13:20

Yay, Bash on V-Day Day! My school always has a thing where you can buy a rose for someone and different colors refer to different things (friends, crush, etc.). If I had a higher cash flow, I'd buy roses for people and sign other peoples' names to them and watch what happens. Anyway, I guess my point is that I'm not that big a fan of Valentines myself.
A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question about it. ~George W. Bush

If you're having a problem with your woman, you don't go get another woman. Then you just have 2 problems. ~Frank Barone, Everybody Loves Raymond
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Mar 28, 2024 10:41 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022