Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Mar 28, 2024 14:23 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: Tournement problem

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Camo

Member #5

Dec 22, 2003 23:46
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I just relised whenever I try to join a tournament, it never allows me, like I thought tournements were a rare ocaison due to them never showing up for me to join, but I just browsed into the upcoming tournement part, and there are a few tournements that are going, a few I should be able to join.... they just dont show up for me when I go to join tournement.
Frenzal Rhomb - The greatest band ever
THE SHINY THINGS - My webby, come join the forum, its not incredibly absene or nothing, no way!
Lunar_Mage

Member #148

Dec 23, 2003 24:46
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

The Forum Topic Auldlangsyne Tourney links to this Topic. What happened?
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 23, 2003 1:35
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Post overflow; I shall have to go in and fix it meself. Luckily, it did not delete the old topic, but overpasted the number. It says "185" instead of "184" for the linkage.

As for your problem, I shall look into it.... right now!

... and investigation confirms: you're an idiot! Every tourney in your level has just been filling up, thus not allowing you to join. Be a little faster.
  To ensure this, I created a debug tourney, enlisted your Slasher, saw that it worked, and promptly deleted the tournament. There was nothing wrong after all, YFFI.

[Editted by MintMan on Dec 23, 2003 1:50]
Camo

Member #5

Dec 23, 2003 3:20
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Arrr, didn't know tournements had a max people amount.
  Should make a massive one that can have up to 50 people and all class/levels, be s*** for the weaker ones but still, would seem more like an actual fighting tourny I guess sorta.

Theres absolutly nothing on tournements in the FAQ section
THE SHINY THINGS - My webby, come join the forum, its not incredibly absene or nothing, no
  way!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Just thinking, it would be pretty neato if on the Battling dragon main page you had a table with some tournement info, like upcoming tournements and winner(s) of the most recent tournement

[Editted by Camo on Dec 23, 2003 5:18]
Sharkbites

Member #90

Dec 23, 2003 11:58
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Erm, Mintman I got an email saying that there is a new tournament, Debug. I clicked the link to sign up for it, but it said there is no such tournament. If this is for some dumb reason, I apologise.
~Demon-Shark, Sharkbites~
draggy1234

Member #97

Dec 23, 2003 15:57
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

About tournaments, how will you know when your notifications have ended, like after 50 tournaments? Will there be a message to let us know?
Battalon127

Member #25

Dec 23, 2003 18:13
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Dec 23, 2003 24:46, Lunar_Mage said:

The Forum Topic Auldlangsyne Tourney links to this Topic. What happened?

Dec 23, 2003 1:35, MintMan said:

Post overflow; I shall have to go in and fix it meself. Luckily, it did not delete the old topic, but overpasted the number. It says "185" instead of "184" for the linkage.

Well, now Auldlangsyne Tourney and Dead Tourney link to the same topic (#184).
  (Edit to add quote)

Be quiet, Brain, or I'll stab you with a Q-tip! ~Homer Simpson

We're in for a long struggle, and I think Texans understand that. And so do Americans. ~George W. Bush

[Editted by Battalon127 on Dec 23, 2003 18:14]
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 23, 2003 21:12
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

No they do not; they link to entirely seperate posts now (184 and 185, respectively).

Yeah, tournaments. They really need to be entered into the FAQ. However, I thought that the "Currently Enlists: #/#" sorta said that there was a limit, being a ratio and all.

Giant tourneys would be stupid; you would not even get XP from them if they were that large (tourney XP drops to zero after five levels of difference).

Yes, you do receive a notification on your last few e-mail notifications. It will say something like "You have X many left" when it gets low, and you can sign up for more (and a link will be provided). This is to prevent my server from e-mailing dud accounts, which would really suck.
writer77

Member #4

Dec 23, 2003 23:13
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

The debug tourney was one for Mintman to test out Camo's account and make sure that he could sign into tourney's okay. I got the same e-mail, but there's a post somewhere that mentions it, I think.
Endless Horizon: http://www.angelfire.com/rpg/verdegym
  "It looks like I'm going to die as I have lived.... completely surrounded by morons!"
  -Bl. Mage
Camo

Member #5

Dec 24, 2003 4:48

Hmm.. I never seem to get messages bout Tournements, where do I sign up lads?
THE SHINY THINGS - My webby, come join the forum, its not incredibly absene or nothing, no way!
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 24, 2003 22:49

There is a big link on the tournaments page that says "Get E-Mail Notification".

I really should put that elsewhere as I know full well no one ever reads anything. Maybe you new guys never heard this story, but once in the old RE League (which ran on cookies alone), I changed the system, requiring all cookies to be updated, so I ran a huge red-text banner at the top of every page -- which, by the way, distorted the layout quite a bit to be even more noticable -- and people still did not read it..... yeah
Battalon127

Member #25

Dec 27, 2003 14:24

Huh, this computer must be buggy . I'm still having weird linkings...
  Course this is also the computer that still gives me a "Cannot Find Server" message on this site every once in a while. I refresh and its fine. Never happens on other computers, though.(note to self: use different computer)
Be quiet, Brain, or I'll stab you with a Q-tip! ~Homer Simpson

We're in for a long struggle, and I think Texans understand that. And so do Americans. ~George W. Bush
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 28, 2003 24:05

Quite true; in my instance, it occurs whenever I am using my home computer, running WinXP.

Of course, this compy also has a slew of problems and possible viri from Six's file swapping.

Oh yeah, since this is a tournament post, all of the January tourneys were canceled due to a buggered script. Figure that. Welp, gonna need ta fix it real soon.
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Mar 28, 2024 14:23 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022