Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Dec 5, 2019 18:08 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: New Ryu pics

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
Rook

Member #112

Jul 10, 2004 20:44
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

So is Honor and the Stormcaller covered by one Pic?

How did it feel meeting so many trainers like yourself in your travels? What was awoken inside you? I want you to hit me with it all! Now, bring it!

~ Ruby/ Sapphire versions' champion
draggy1234

Member #97

Jul 11, 2004 16:31
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Wow, not only another adoptable creature, but the first one who is listed as having balanced capabilities! MM, are you planning to make more balanced creatures for adoption, out of curiosity?
MintMan

Member #1

Jul 11, 2004 17:17
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

You act as though I go out of my way to make monsters imbalanced. I make 'em how they are supposed to be, or to the best they can fit in the BD system.
  Ryu just had the amazing quality of not sucking in any one respect. There was nothing I could blast of his, so it has to be just all around good, although BD rules prevent it from being exceptional in any one area. Zedd did not really leave me with the most detailed of plans for it, either.

Normally, monsters will excel at something, be it their impenetrable hide or their lightning speed. Something makes a monster exceptional. Only something like the Hippocerf -- which is known more for sucking than being good -- ends up with balanced stats 'cause it will just be blasted in one or two attributes and spread near-evenly elsewhere.
Zedd

Member #76

Jul 12, 2004 6:14
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well, I was actually thinking that I would get all of the stats/attacks done after I'd finished the pics...

- Zedd i Randir, Lord of the Storm

Satsujinken, Katsujinken

"...with enough training, you will be able to beat ten men with your spirit. When you have reached this point, will it not mean that you are invincible?" Go Rin No Sho, Miyamoto Musashi

[Editted by Zedd on Jul 12, 2004 6:20]
Ice

Member #46

Jul 14, 2004 1:10
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Interesting. I must say, I think I've decided which creature my next adoption will be. Looking at the attacks, would it be safe to assume that the later stages are probably closer to Ice than Water, or is that just my imagination?

* In a fit of carving, class changes to Warlock of Ice *

(o.o) (c) Ethereal Enterprises, 2004
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jul 14, 2004 11:42
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Call me crazy, Ice, or just visually competent, but I'm pretty sure that list doesn't have the word "Ice" appear in any of the Ryu's attack descriptions. Tho' that shard one really is confusing, even to me. And I'm stupid!

Wait, that helps my argument how?

Seriously, tho', there's no ice elementage there, Icie, so no luck. You'll just have to wait till big-headed-cat-who-fires-hail-stones-from-his-over-sized-eyes comes out.

Why be sane?
MintMan

Member #1

Jul 14, 2004 12:34

I think Ice was refering to ShardStorm. Yeah, it looks really icy and all, but I cannot find all that much about Dragons sending anything related to cold. Lightning and thunder I can find, but not ice.

So the Ice has finally found another monster to adopt. 'Bout freakin' time, I say. I mean, your Hrimfaxi is all four-levels overdue from adopting another monster. It is kinda funny that you are still posting yourself on the Battle Board, tho' Big Smile Who the Hel is high enough to challenge a level twenty-four monster that not only is still an active monster, but that would freakin' want to even?

Also, Zedd, I just threw it out with want info you had made for it already. Truth be told, it does not really matter what its stats are right now; most everything would have had to be redone for NDR anyways. The new stat system is so much better than the old; instead of being balanced in highs and lows in every stage, monsters just plain get more points as they progress.
  I should set up a contact with you to get some of the little intricacies out of the way... when I am not lazy.... which could be a while.
Ice

Member #46

Jul 14, 2004 15:37
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I would say that yes, most likely, I am just imagining things. But I really want an Ice Dragon. Hell, I'd be in heaven if I could have a Dratini/Dagonaire/Dragonite BD adoptable. However, I'd want to be able to stop it just at Dragonaire. Even in the gameboy, my highest creature is my 12/15/8/15 Lv. 100 Dragonaire, which I refused to let evolve into Dragonite. I believe it's the same on BD. That way I could have my elemental spectrum that I wanted, since those guys basically have run of the mill for attack choices. Fire, Lightning, Ice, Flying, and Normal. Poop. I really want that. Really really. A serpentine dragon final shape with an elemental range of attacks. And a base element of Ice. *pouts*

* fabricates a ElementalSerpentineOfIce in defiance *

Also, I still put Mista on the battle board because when I was level 6 or so, I put it up and continually the same member with their little Lv. 1 Hogg Egg would challenge me (thus losing me no valour) while at the same time little by little building me up until I could challenge everyone else. And unless another Ice familiar is released before it, I plan on keeping Mista til she's 30.

(o.o) (c) Ethereal Enterprises, 2004
Sword
Zedd

Member #76

Jul 17, 2004 4:21
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Erm.. You are remembering that I can't email you, MM?

"...with enough training, you will be able to beat ten men with your spirit. When you have reached this point, will it not mean that you are invincible?" Go Rin No Sho, Miyamoto Musashi
MintMan

Member #1

Jul 17, 2004 13:06

What? No! I forgot entirely about that. In fact, I do not even remember why that is the case.

Alright then, just use the space here then. Final elements, what else of the Ryu's could suffer besides Agility.
  Skills are pretty much set at Celestial (wingless flight), Meteormancy (weather control), and Swim (swimming), and it is also pretty easy to think of its techs as the Ryu has anything that has to do with weather, water, or dragons (Mist, Breath, Claw, Bite, Coil, Storm, Thunder, Freeze, Blizzard, Torrent, Rise, and so on).

Also, are you wanting to change what any of your spell's effects are? Right now, you only have, like, four carps adopted, so a change would be quite easy.
Zedd

Member #76

Jul 18, 2004 1:38

Well... Perhaps the Stormcaller should have Ice as an element, as Shardstorm does look more Ice than Water (hail comes with rain?).

I can't really think of anything else to take down. The only other thing is perhaps Health...

Perhaps Bravery and Honour should also raise defence (steeling oneself against the foe?)

MintMan

Member #1

Aug 1, 2004 21:00

Yeah, what the Hel? Ryu will be Draconic/Light/Water/Thunder/Ice. I am pretty sure nothing else will ever have those elements, so might as well make 'em unique, right?

Will no monster ever start with Ice as a type? Both Hrim' and Ryu gain the element later in the life span. Just kinda funny....

Okay, here are the techs I'ma thinkin' about for Ryu:

Flipper/Claw: SL1 Attack (Marine/Draconic)
  Scales: SL1 Defense Up (Draconic)
  Dive: SL1 Agility Up (Water)
  Torrent: SL1 Casting (Water)
  Breath: SL1 Casting (Draconic)
  Spout: SL1 Banish (Water)
  Coil: SL1 Attack, SL1 Speed Down (Draconic)
  Bite: SL2 Attack (Draconic)
  Bolt: SL2 Banish (Thunder)
  Mist: SL2 Strike Down (Water)
  Frost: SL2 Casting (Ice)
  Healer: SL2 Healing (Light)
  Rise: SL3 Virtue Up (Light)
  Clash: SL1 Defense Down, SL1 Arcane Down, SL1 Virtue Down (Thunder)
  DragonBreath: SL1 Banish, SL2 Strike Down (Draconic)
  Blizzard: SL3 Casting (Ice)
  Storm: SL2 Banish, SL1 Strength Down (Thunder)
  Celestial: Skill
  Swim: Skill
  Meteormancy: Skill

I also see the Light spells of Ryu becoming Banish (holy damage) and the Water/Ice spells being Cast.

Also, change whatever you see fit with the above. The numbers work out pretty good for Ryu right now, tho', with about six techs for each level.
Zedd

Member #76

Aug 2, 2004 6:38

Sounds good to me... But can you explain to me why Strike down would be water-elemental?

[Editted by Zedd on Aug 2, 2004 6:39]
MadGoblin

Member #2

Aug 2, 2004 8:52

Er, since the strike down tech is called "Mist". You know, Mist, being water vapor, would cloud one's sight and thusly lower hit chance. Makes since to me.

... or is that discouraging the fact? Wavey Mouth
Zedd

Member #76

Aug 3, 2004 5:46

Sorry, my bad. I really should read things properly...

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
Dec 5, 2019 18:08 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2019