Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Mar 28, 2024 10:17 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: Ahriman

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Dec 15, 2003 13:50
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hello MintMan,
  A question: is it possible to have the Ahriman considered as a Battling Dragons monster? It's not humanoid, as far as I can tell.

LieutenantEagle
  "Border relations between Canada and Mexico have never been better."
  ~President Dubya
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 15, 2003 18:51
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Um... yeah.... that thing... Ahriman.... *looks up*

Angra Mainyu? I knew that name sounded familiar. Hels no you can't use that! It is hella humanoid! Have you never seen a picture of him? They make them all the time.

Typically, if it is not an oriental dragon, gods and goddesses of any sort are out of the question. I mean, I do not even know what you would make the personification of evil if now a winged.... deal... human-headed something..... er, yeah.
  Um, what were you planning on trying to makes him anyway, LE?
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Dec 17, 2003 24:42
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I wasn't trying to make him. Someone might take the idea, however.

And how is a winged cyclops humanoid?
Lugia7777

Member #79

Dec 17, 2003 9:05
Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Oh yeah. I remember that mythical creature. Yes, it is a winged cyclops. I saw one in a game somewhere before. Heh, an Ahriman in Battling Dragons? Could be interesting.
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 17, 2003 13:34
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

"Representation and god of all evil in the world, go! Fight that Kamaitachi!"

I dun see that happening, guys.

And a winged cyclops is humanoid. Humanoid means anything vaguely resembling a humanshape. Cyclopes are very humanoid (even tho' I do not believe I have ever seen that representation of it before). I mean, they have a head, torso, two arms, two legs which they stand up-right upon. That is humanoid. A monstrous one, granted, but humanoid nonetheless. That would be like saying a dwarf or an ogre was not humanoid.
Lugia7777

Member #79

Dec 17, 2003 15:25

Based on what I saw in the game I was playing, the "one-eyed cyclops" Ahriman was simply an eye kept up in the air with wings. Think of a bat but the eye almost takes up the whole size of the head. I don't think the Ahriman has arms (or legs, for that matter). I'm gonna look further into it.

Edit: I have the link here: http://incise.org/images/rpg-pics/fft/ahriman.jpg

[Editted by Lugia7777 on Dec 17, 2003 15:30]
Camo

Member #5

Dec 17, 2003 18:46
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Have you seen an ACTUAL Cyclops? There like these microscopic water critters, dont look very humanoid to me, maybe you could go American godzilla movie style and make the cyclops that ate too much toxic goop and became really really big!
Frenzal Rhomb - The greatest band ever
THE SHINY THINGS - My webby, come join the forum, its not incredibly absene or nothing, no way!
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 17, 2003 23:54

Hint: if something is from Final Fantasy, it is very likely that it is not from real mythology.

I mean, these are the people that give Slepnir six legs consistently instead of eight. They made Shiva an ice chick instead of a fire dude. They enjoy to mess with mythology. I was wondering why I had never heard of it looking like that before....
Cheetarius

Member #10

Dec 18, 2003 21:19
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Lol, that's from Final Fantasy Tactics, and to the best of my knowledge, they didn't even give that monster image the right name. My potential step-father has a copy of FFT Advance, and it's most assuredly not called an Ahriman in the English edition. No idea about Jap.
- Cheetarius, Saphire Leader
boyachi

Member #92

Dec 18, 2003 21:21

In final fantasy X it didn't look humanoid...but then again FF games have odin's horse with only 6 legs...
Soon, the time will come. The Summer of the Dawn.
Lugia7777

Member #79

Dec 18, 2003 22:59

Serious? OK, I'll keep that in mind. But seriously, I didn't know just how wrong FF usually is. Thanks for the clarification.
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Dec 19, 2003 24:47

The Ahriman looks nothing ike a humanoid in Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, I can assure you that. However, MintMan could be right about the fact that it has Arms and Legs, for the sake that Aim: Arm and Aim: Legs both work against it...

LieutenantEagle
  "Sometimes at night I dream of Hop on Pop." ~Dubya
MadGoblin

Member #2

Dec 19, 2003 9:11

Er, is anyone actually reading this post all the way thru before replying? I swear, I thought I was reading the same post over and over again! "Wait, wasn't this already said, like, twice? How queer..."

But, LOL! Taking FF as mythos? Quite hilarious! Next, let's make Dwarfs monstrous green midgets, kin of Djinn horned beastlies, give Odin antlers, make Bahamut a dragon 'stead of a fish, and Typhon some two headed freak of nature fat thing! BD will be the most awesome ever!

... and, yes, that was jesting. Ya never know when some mor'n like Hated will come by and take that for seriously...
Lair of Mad Goblin - Why be sane?

Camo

Member #5

Dec 19, 2003 17:15

I took you serious Gobbo!

Wasn't there some referance to a killer giant dwarf in the discworld series? Havn't read that stuff for years (probobly the last book I read but )!
Frenzal Rhomb - The greatest band ever
THE SHINY THINGS - My webby, come join the forum, its not incredibly absene or nothing, no way!
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Mar 28, 2024 10:17 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022