Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Sep 28, 2020 8:36 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: Deleted Familiar???!!!

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Akari_Tenmeino

Member #154

Dec 11, 2003 23:09
Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

This is mainly a question for Mint Man, but when I was looking through the player rankings about 15 minutes ago, I noticed my name and the fields where my familiar's name an species should be were blank!

I went into my account, sure enough no familiar there either. What is happening?
I want them to understand. I want to be me...
Camo

Member #5

Dec 12, 2003 2:21
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well that sounds like a bit of a pickle, were you cheating or had multiple accounts?
Frenzal Rhomb - The greatest band ever
THE SHINY THINGS - My webby, come join the forum, its not incredibly absene or nothing, no way!
Akari_Tenmeino

Member #154

Dec 12, 2003 3:32

No. I don't even now HOW anyone could cheat.
MadGoblin

Member #2

Dec 12, 2003 9:14
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I believe your creature has just experienced a random glitching error that wipes them out. It's happened to me and even Mint Man before. I'm sure he still has you in the daily backups, tho'.

Oh, and quite a few people are deleted for cheating. A bunch of idiots think they can get away with it, but Ems has his methods for finding them, and banning them!
Lair of Mad Goblin - Why be sane?

MintMan

Member #1

Dec 12, 2003 12:55
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Actually, it was all accident. You can tell because her stats still exist. If an account is ever deleted, it will read as no longer existing, not an empty creature.

Luckily, only your monster was removed and not your win record and such. Therefore, all I need to know is what level your Basilisk was (I am guessing around 1~3) so that I can re-create it.

The problem arose from the battle stagnation script. I was afraid of uploading a new version which gave out latent XP that is received from directly canceling a battle due to possibility of error. Of course, error was there. Three other accounts were effected. I suspect two of being utter duds (thus the reason their challenges stagnated) and only two (yours included) of belonging to people who actually care. I shall have to contact them in order to patch things up and give a little extra XP for the trouble. Standard clause problematicy....
Akari_Tenmeino

Member #154

Dec 12, 2003 20:44

Ok, thanks for explaining. My familiar is actually a Hrimfaxi though and she's at level 2.
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 13, 2003 24:52

Really? *looks* Oh, you were fighting Sereane, not Serena. I thought Destina was your last opponent's familiar, not yours.

Hmm, Destina sure is the popular name. Well, I shall get that all fixies for you then.
LeeTupper

Member #42

Dec 13, 2003 22:31
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yeah, very complex methods. Dbuvoltz and Dbuvoltz2 in the same tourney. Sigh...
What is this arcane desert?- My current english teacher
  Do I dare ask why this looks like a potato chip?-my 7th grade english teacher, with a destroyed piece of homework
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 14, 2003 24:26

What? David Buvoltz came back? Blutty Hel, you think they would learn after one time.

Well, now I gots to delete him again!

EDIT: Wait, I just checked the lower-level December tourneys, and he was not there. Are you talking about seeing him in one of the old'uns?
  *accessings account view for David Buvoltz*

Hey, whaddayaknow, he's deleted. Thank you for proving that I actually do have a system that works, Tupper, in that the offender was deleted. Of course, I cannot delete him after he enlists his dud accounts in a tournament due to the fact that removal would cause grievous errors, but he is gone now.

[Editted by MintMan on Dec 14, 2003 24:54]
Akari_Tenmeino

Member #154

Dec 14, 2003 1:10

On Dec 13, 2003 24:52, MintMan said:

Really? *looks* Oh, you were fighting Sereane, not Serena. I thought Destina was your last opponent's familiar, not yours.

Hmm, Destina sure is the popular name. Well, I shall get that all fixies for you then.

Funny, I haven't seen any other Destinas or Destinys or such around. But thankyou for fixing that up.

dracon

Member #143

Dec 17, 2003 11:01
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

My familiar looked deleted once then I logged out and went back in and it was fine. Thank heavens. Maybe did you do that. IT was really scary cuz I did a lot of training from tourny and battles.
"When Life Gives You Lemons, Make Lemonade"
   (Mine)"When Life Gives You Water, Have Fun"
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Sep 28, 2020 8:36 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2020