Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 20, 2024 24:16 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: New Relics

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Lunar_Mage

Member #148

Nov 27, 2003 1:25
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Mint Man, do you accept submissions of new ideas for relics?
MintMan

Member #1

Nov 27, 2003 12:41
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Um.... no.

If you notice, I never once anywhere on this site ask for members' ideas. Legally, I cannot. In fact, I prefer it if you did not. It could get me into quite a legal bind, especially since what people recommend are often things I have already thought of and then I look like I am stealing their ideas and I then legally have to give them credit and any profit I could make on it in the future -- bah!

I just steer clear of that whole area. Monster submittals are different because I have to go through a whole process of what I can and cannot do with the creature and retractions and whatnot.

And technically, there is no such thing as submitting ideas for relics. I mean, that is like submitting an idea for a new BD monster. They already exist; I just have to make them. Creatures take time to draw and thus I seek help. Relics need only to be coded in, so what use is it for people to submit them to me? There is a finite number of magic items in the world, and if I can find a use for them in BD that is fair, I'll takes it.

Relics are a tricky thing. I have to make sure that they do not duplicate the effect of a spell (like raising an individual battle category) or else they become quite skewed and unfair. There will not be very many relics for BD as these effects are very hard to come by and make fair at the same time. I mean, most magic items you read about have some all-smiting attribute associated with them. Not gonna happen in this game....
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 20, 2024 24:16 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022