Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 19, 2024 18:47 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: Amusing exp. problem

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
draggy1234

Member #97

Sep 28, 2003 14:48
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I'm level 6 now and I need -41 experience to reach level 7!
MadGoblin

Member #2

Sep 28, 2003 16:30
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hah-hah! Oh, Draggy, why do these things always happen to you?

Seriously, I think your problem lies within several new features added to BD, namely, the tournaments.

The tournaments can "lock" up your level and XP growth for their duration as not to affect you within the battle royals, much like when challenging another member normally. Of course, sometimes the freakiness of these two factors stacking up and correspond in unforseen ways.

Thankfully, you seem to act as a magnet to draw out all these weirdness so the rest of us can sit back and relax with a nice tall cool glass of melonaid!
Lair of Mad Goblin - Why be sane?

draggy1234

Member #97

Sep 28, 2003 18:25
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Nah, I was just out of all the tournaments I participated in and all the fights I fought in with other members, meaning I wasn't doing anything; no fights, no tournaments. I just got a big load of latent so I probably should have leveled up twice but it came up negative exp. needed to level up. No big deal though, for me.

With all these things happening to me, maybe I should take a break from RE by dealing with school and let someone else have the shot at being the magnet.
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 29, 2003 13:19
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I think I has the solution!

Know how you haven't got your experience for a long time? Well, something just dumped all of your latent XP from battles and tournaments onto you in one lump sum, but did not check for your level up, which is really strange. I do not know where the code adds experience without checking to level you up. This I shall have to look into....
draggy1234

Member #97

Sep 29, 2003 17:24

Wow, I must've become a big helper to MM in a bad way, I show him the bugs in his system that've hit me! Luckily none of them were account-threatening stuff, but that may not last long...
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Oct 1, 2003 15:21
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

NOOO! You can't have my job! Sorry, but you have no idea of how many random errors I have found on my account that others haven't had. Actually, it's kinda sad, but if it's not you it's funny, but it is, so nevermind that. Anyway, I thank you for pointing out this error to MM so that I don't end up with it.

~*SailorSassyStar's VanillaFudge*~

draggy1234

Member #97

Oct 1, 2003 19:31

Well if you ended up with it anyway, it wouldn't really affect you too much, would it?

Have any of your random errors really messed up your account or were they just inconveniences?
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Oct 1, 2003 20:00
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Why wouldn't it affect me much if I got it? Actually, it might have been worse for me since my creature is a higher level.

I can't think of any account threatening errors, but I'll assure you that I've had more than my fair share of them. Most of them probably would have turned out that way if I hadn't reported them though. I'm pretty sure that at one point so many bad stuff had happened to my account, and mine only, so that MM thought that I was a hacker or something. I most likely couldn't hack my way out of a paper bag, largely because of the fact that I've never had a paper bag big enough to get inside to hack out of, but that's not the point! I really should have made a list...most of them are no big deal, like when the time got messed up and I just happened to be the first one to notice that week old notifications had been sent out. Most of my other error catching skills have had to do with battle results and how they are evoly biased against me.

draggy1234

Member #97

Oct 2, 2003 20:11

How could you tell they were biased?
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Oct 3, 2003 15:07

Technically, nothing on this site is biased (that I know of). I just have unbelievably bad luck. Whenever I report something like that MM just tells me what the odds were and how I'm probably just jinxed. That's really about it...he must have really thought that I was a total n00b with all of my stupid questions.

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 19, 2024 18:47 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022