Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Mar 28, 2024 9:54 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: Battle Problem

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
draggy1234

Member #97

Sep 20, 2003 20:11
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I've been stuck in a battle for about two days now without any actions at all. Is it stuck or something? Also, when does the tournament experience get added to the familiars?
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 21, 2003 23:59
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hey, you are right! Battles were buggered since the last update. I made something to try and get a certain process working more correctly, and apparently I made it able to skip over both battlers when checking every user.

As for tounaments, you get the experience from them when it says you do at the tournament's end. You will see a thing that says "See the Results of this Tournament" on the tournament page after it is over, y'know.
  I mean, you can't get XP during it; otherwise, you could grow in level and thus disqualify yourself from the tournament you are already partaking in!
draggy1234

Member #97

Sep 22, 2003 20:04
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I know that page, I've been to it. But the problem is, I've gotten XP from the tournament AND my recent battle and I haven't gotten any XP added to my familiar yet. Is this natural?
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 22, 2003 20:20
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Oh great. You entered the Impossible Loop. Something so dreadful that I was supposed to code against it but figured it would be a while until someone actually landed in it.

You see, when engaged in battle, you cannot receive experience else your creature would level up mid-fight, know? So, it goes into a latent buffer and you receive it after the battle is over.

However, you joined a tournement, and then a web fight. When the tournament ended, you were still in the fight and therefore could not earn its XP right away. Thus, things progressed until the battle ended and you could receive your experience. No wait, you entered yet another tourney! This can be a terrible thing that a very skilled player (like Deathman) could abuse to gain endless amounts of experience while remaining a very low level, thus the reason I am supposed to stop people from joining tourneys once they have enough latent experience to push them over the edge.

So, yeah, you'll have to wait for your current tourney to end before you get any XP, but it will be a loooooooot of latent.
draggy1234

Member #97

Sep 24, 2003 18:16

Oh, man. I probably could have used the experience before my next tournament. I'm entering with one of (probably the) lowest level familiars in the darkside tournament. Guess I'm going to lose big time.
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Mar 28, 2024 9:54 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022