Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 24, 2024 8:53 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: Battle my lvl 5 Tatzel & stuff..

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Blade

Member #99

Sep 13, 2003 2:14
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

What is the weakness of a Tatzel I know it is crap at magic but is there anything else?

Anyone want to battle me? Unlike some people I check my E-Mail at least once a week.

MM do you know of any good creatures I could design like Light or maybe Bestial?
The Dweomermaster who would call forth a mighty flood best be sure he knows how to swim.

The secret book of Cadwallon the druid.
draggy1234

Member #97

Sep 13, 2003 8:27
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I'd like to battle you normally, but I'm one battle away from leveling up to 6, getting me booted from the tournament I'm in.
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 13, 2003 14:35
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Bestial creature? Awww, cannot you make something else? Our beast and serpentine totals are pretty high right now.

If you really want to, however, just draw the freakin' thing! I have no say in what other people should make. Whatever you can draw best, I guess.

Draggy, you cannot get kicked from a tournament that has already begun. You just will not earn the experience from your battle until after your tournament. That knowledge comes in handy, no?

Nothing you can do will ever force your from a tournament that has already started; only before its start date can you get kicked out.
Zedd

Member #76

Sep 15, 2003 4:18
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hey, are we in REAL need of a creature with Light attacks? From what I've seen, creatures (past the first stage), have one magic attack, one physical and one stat-booster. If that's the case, then I'm in a bit of trouble. See, Ryu is the dragon of the storm. I wanted to have a magic attack that was, well, stormy, but then I remembered that t's going to be a light-element creature...
- Zedd i Randir, Lord of the Storm
Blade

Member #99

Sep 15, 2003 5:50

Look the creature if i do make it does not have to be bestial i just wanna make somthing because right now, I'm as bored as hell & I cant think of anything to make that hasn't already been made.What about i think slepnir Odin's 8 legged horse but hey this is just an idea & I'm open for any suggestions.

Draggy Change your account to accept and I'll challenge you though it might be awhile cause i'm waiting for this guy/girl/Alien person to accept/decline my offer of battle.
The Dweomermaster who would call forth a mighty flood best be sure he knows how to swim.

MM what do u think of a Chimera? (my idea Copyright!)

[Editted by Blade on Sep 15, 2003 6:21]
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 15, 2003 13:31

You cannot copyright the Chimera; it is public domain. VinnyD just said that as a joke, but I think you are the first serious person to suggest it, so I shall reserve it for you. Man, I gotta make that list more than ever....
  You want to do the Glider? I would assume by your thinking it has eight legs that you do not know much about it. Look, people are supposed to submit monsters that they really like and know quite a bit about. Do not make a creature just to make it. It should be a labor of love, especially since it takes so freakin' long to draw out their many, many pictures.

What else was I supposed to say? Oh yeah, not every creature has one magic, one physical, and one status attack! What are you, crazy or something? Nidhogg and Nidhogg Junior AKA Jabberwock are like that, and just as of recently, Kamaitachi is sorta like that, too.

Hrimfaxi, Basilisk, and Monoceros do not follow that pattern whatsoever. Hrimfaxi and Basilisk have only magic attacks, and Monoceros gets only one physical damaging spell in its repetiore -- everything else is status alteration.
  The only requirements for a creature are that it has one spell that does damage and one spell that does not -- going in either of those directions renders the monster near useless.

We do not need a light magic attack -- a light one will do just fine. Magic would help against all of those low-arcane dark creatures, however. Oh, I miss the Hrimfaxi Moon Horse of Lightness
  It is gone, however.
draggy1234

Member #97

Sep 15, 2003 15:56
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well, the tournament thing is a good thing to know. Now I can fight normally again!
Blade

Member #99

Sep 17, 2003 24:41

I will do the Chimera! & yes it will be a labor of love could you tell me the exact things which I have to include(email me)

Draggy challenge me im on the battle board!

MintMan

Member #1

Sep 17, 2003 14:54

Well, as the help file states, just send me over a sample of your artwork first. I do not want people spending time to make eleven ugly pictures that are just going to end up being rejected.

The sample should be colored and fit to scale. Just send it to me as an attachment of an e-mail.
Zedd

Member #76

Sep 19, 2003 5:48
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I have some pics up for the Ryu. I cannot email you, mm. I'm sorry if this method wastes your time, but it's the only one I can use. I also don't really like putting my cruddy pics up for all to see, but, like I said, it's all I can do.
   They're here...

Ryu
: 3 pictures done
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 19, 2003 14:26

Hey, this method is just as good as e-mailing me -- maybe better.

Huh, Japanese dragons went through a snake stage? I dun remember that... well, I dun remember much about them at all besides carpy young.

I likes what you did with the clouds and rocks on the snake and Storm Caller (good name, by the who). The background on the, er, dragon (name needs some work ) needs a little work. Still seems kinda scratchy.

Know what? Ima gonna look up some stuff on Ryuu right now!

Here are some sources on-line that I have found:
  Mythica
  French-tastic! (untranslated)
  Thank Buddha! Its a Shinto site!

Okay, here is what I have found on-line so far (I am library-bound after I post). It took me a while to confirm his storm tendacies. I kept reading that Ryujin was the controller of the seas with his Tidal Jewels (one of Ebb and another of Flood). He lives in a palace called Ryugu. In the four directions where halls of all four seasons (winter, spring, summer, and autumn). One day in this palace was like one hundred years for a man. His name is the "Luminous One" or "Dragon King". I am pretty sure the latter is his name translated ("ryu" is dragon, right?); I do not know where the luminous one comes into the play. Maybe it is just a title.

Anywho, he is the king of the dragons. From him, too, comes all rain. He carries a small jewel or pearl that represents thunder. This dude would be a Light/Lightning/Water/Draconic monster. Although he lived in a palace, he did also have a bunch of islands associated with him, so I guess your pictures are okay. Did you make him have three claws? Japanese dragons are only supposed to have that many, but the Celestial Dragon has five. I wonder if he counts as one.

Anyway, how much do you know about Ryu? I mean, all you ever told me was that it controlled weather which -- although true -- is far from all it can do.

Zedd

Member #76

Sep 19, 2003 22:51

No, I'm pretty sure Ryu and Ryujin are different things. From what I've found, Ryu is a japanese dragon that can live in water, on land or in the sky (hence the order of the pictures). He controls storms and rainfall. I was going to call the dragon form child, but that sounds even worse. anyone know what's japanese for child?

Ryu
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 20, 2003 24:17

Whoa, wait, you are just doing the Ryu? I had thought you said Ryujin when you first mentioned it and just kept saying Ryu to keep it short. Well, that certainly changes a lot.

In either case, it seems that a lot of sources on Ryu were heavily influenced by their king.

But yeah, so far as I can tell, "tatsu" and "ryu" are just Japanese words meaning "dragon". In fact, the name Tatsuryu sounds very familiar...
  Live in water, air, clouds... I see that everywhere. I also saw that Japanese dragons can change size at will, becoming so small as to be invisible. They control clouds and tempests and may ascend to heaven at will. Under their heads they hold a jewel which is the source of their power. Hey, they can also summon water spouts. How about that.
  More toes, more evil, but three in Japan. It increases as you go west, however. They say five is the limit in China because they dragons then can walk no further.
  Since your pics are Blue, I should mention that Blue Ryu are associated with Courage.
  They do indeed begin life as a carp (which is where the "scales of a carp" come from on a dragon). I cannot find the exact order in which they proceed through life.
Zedd

Member #76

Sep 21, 2003 22:46

Right... I'll see what I can do about carp...

Ryu
Rook

Member #112

Sep 22, 2003 18:27
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Child, no. But I did find these:
  Baby: akanboo
  creature: ikimono
  egg: tamago
  little: chiisai, chiisa na
  monster: kaibutsu (specificly mentions dragons)
  montrosity: kikai na koto
  monstrous: kikai na
  snake: hebi
  young: wakai
  youth: wakai toki (the period), wakai otoko (young man)
  youthful: wakawakashii
  youthful: wakawakashisa

any of those good?
This post was probably spam. Mmmmm... spam.
Zedd

Member #76

Sep 23, 2003 1:47

Yes, I might use wakai. That's better than both child and dragon, I should think. On a different note, it looks like you're going to beat my head in in our fight. Hey people, am I doing it wrong, or were you just trying to fool me when you said to take on Tatzels after I got gash?

Ryu
Rook

Member #112

Sep 23, 2003 20:22
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I used a relic that makes my attacks light because i mistook the name for a Cwn Awn that may be a factor
This post was probably spam. Mmmmm... spam.

[Editted by Rook on Sep 23, 2003 20:26]
Zedd

Member #76

Oct 1, 2003 5:10

I don't think that would have done anything... it's probably my technuique... or yours... ah well, can anyone tell me what I did wrong?

Ryu
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 24, 2024 8:53 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022