Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Mar 29, 2024 8:49 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: Ten Minus One Equals No Fun

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 5, 2003 14:01
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Ten minus two, and you are getting some place.... not too fast, but hey, it is a start.

What am I insanely rambling about this time? Familiars! In the early BD years, you had one, two, or four different creatures to choose from. Now, you have ten, and the list is only growing (slowly).

Thinking about this and more, I began to think about a lot of other things....
I have a whole lotta creatures. I mean, I shall be up to four pretty soon, and everyone else is only on their first or second. That would not be so bad if at least one person had three or was close to it.

A lot of people are talking about making their own creatures nowadays, but what happens when a member makes a creature? Thus far, only people who have not had accounts have made monsters, thus being able to adopt them quite readily. There are now rules against non-members making creatures (my brothers were exceptions anyway, as I could readily explain guidelines to what was expected) for good reason, but what would happen when a member made a creature? Would they reset their account in order to obtain it? I suppose I could be nice and give them the bonus creature if they were close enough to the border.

There are just a lot of people stagnating in the digit range. Camo once suggested the level being lowered to twenty in order to adopt a new creature, but it has been explained why such a thing should not be. I can and have allowed in it limited circumstance, such as for Ash and Kevan who are really old members that have endured account deletion and movements.
  Twenty does not help out the teens dilemma, either. It is not level twenty-five that is the problem; it is largely the fifteen levels before that is. I could not lower the new adoption level down to ten, however; people can get there in no time flat (as Deathman has proven). Having everything in the bestiary would take no time at all.

I am making a whole lotta functionality around multiple creature ownership now, too. Tournaments allow inactive creatures to fight, the normal battle script is going to be rewritten to work better and allow challenges to "inactive" monsters (thus making them a whole lot more active). Teams will also hinge on one member having more than one creature, thus increasing their level range and use to the group.

And then, I thought of something. The idea frightened me, however. The very idea of letting everyone adopt two creatures from the start might not solve much, create some issues of its own, and downplay the reward of raising up one creature's level. So, I present a possible alternative.

Normally, when determining whether a new familiar may be adopted or not, the script cycles through every monster an account owns. Normally, an account is allowed one monster; for every one at or above level twenty-five, an additional familiar to the normal one may be adopted.

Abnormally, I am considering this: if any of the familiars you own are currently raised to level ten, you may adopt one additional familiar. Creatures level twenty-five and higher are not taken into consideration for this (but they give you an extra adoption anyway, right?). This also means that multiple adoptions above level ten allow no extra adoptions. Here are some examples:

1 Familiar, Level 5 No Extra
  1 Familiar, Level 10 One Extra
  2 Familiars, Level 12 & 6 No Extra
  2 Familiars, Level 11 each No Extra
  1 Familiar, Level 25 One Extra
  2 Familiars, Level 25 & 8 No Extra
  2 Familiars, Level 26 & 14 One Extra
  3 Familiars, Level 25, 12, & 1 No Extra

... and it goes on like this. So whaddaya think? I would still give elder members (2+ years) the close-enough extra familiar, creature submitters are easier to give bonus creatures since they only have to be near level ten in order to get it, and if all of the good (forum) members get a second chance to run from level one up, they will boost everyone else in level with their run, thus increasing the teen-leveled pool of fodder- er, potential victims- er, opponents

Thoughts? Questions? Threats? Demands? Molotov Cocktails? Virtual pie? C'mon!
Rook

Member #112

Sep 5, 2003 15:53
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Aw cool! So when my creatuire reaches lv. 10 I get a new monster? Sweet! Can you save those for later though in case there isn't a monster you like yet?
This post was probably spam. Mmmmm... spam.
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Sep 6, 2003 11:20
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yeah! Artimis has been needing a break from having her tail kicked. Now the only problems are choosing which new monster I want, Gobbo being a perv on AIM, and KK saying I'm hot. >_< You guys really didn't need to know that, but now you do. Anyway, thanks MM. I would give you a virtual hug, but Gobbo has disturbed me into not wanting to. You can eat his brains for that, but please not while I'm around.

~*SailorSassyStar's VanillaFudge*~

writer77

Member #4

Sep 6, 2003 11:47
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I think this is a good idea. I mean, I need people to kill pretty bad, and at the very least, it'd give me a different creature to raise while I wait for other people to get up to my level so I can kill them. I think I'm only about one or two levels away from the shadow magics, and then, maybe everything will be okay. But I might just save the extra creature slot until I figure out whether or not I can draw the Zaratan... or is it Zataran... I always get it mixed up.
Endless Horizon: http://www.angelfire.com/rpg/verdegym
  "It looks like I'm going to die as I have lived.... completely surrounded by morons!"
  -Bl. Mage
Ash10

Member #3

Sep 6, 2003 16:12
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Of course, implement the system after I got all the way up to level 22.

Yeah, I want more creatures! I got level 22 and 10, and for some reason, Overlord, my level 10 one, is winning all the time in tournaments. Too bad I don't get too much EXP from them. That would rule!

Go ahead with this system, I didn't understand some of it, but I figure if you automate it all, I won't have to, I will just know...unless my accounts gets deleted, or I end becoming some no name person again like has happened previous times with new features... its always me!

Also, I figure that since you asked for threats, molotv cocktails, ect, that I would give you a virtual pie in the mail, a threat throught email, and...well, there are no beer cans/bottles in my house to use for molotv cocktails, so I can only give you the prior 2. Man, I am bored.
NOVA Mod Team Leader

Gamers Bar and Grill Executive

[Editted by Ash10 on Sep 6, 2003 16:16]
ToddM

Member #88

Sep 6, 2003 21:33
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

So let me get this strait, when my tatzleworm becomes level ten, I can get another creature?
   tpdd
Why did they take away Metranome when Ruby and Sapphire came out!? WHY!?
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Mar 29, 2024 8:49 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022