Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 24, 2024 24:55 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: Um.. Why Did my Character stop gaining Exp.?

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Sharkbites

Member #90

Aug 13, 2003 19:31
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Why did my Character stop gaining Exp. while my Nidhogg still does? Lemme see.. My Character is lvl 4 and my Nidhogg is 5 .. Is it supposed to be like that? I wonder...
~Sharkbites~
  Shark Leader of all Sharks.
  ^.^ #90

[Editted by Sharkbites on Sep 18, 2003 21:18]
MadGoblin

Member #2

Aug 13, 2003 21:45
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

That's the result of the Exp. Pt. Buffer. For those of you not familiar with MUDs, I'll elaborate:

Experience is the knowledge you gain from fighting foes. Once you do battle with a certain foe for so long, they begin to teach you less new information until, eventually, you stop learning from them all together. To represent this factor, a XP Buffer is sometimes issued in games to make a player have to seek more threatening foes before they can grow in level any further for the challenge of the weaker enemies hones no skills at all.

It makes sense when you think about it. Besides, I've seen people train on level 2 to 4 enemies until six characters where level 100. Truly sad.
  (BTW, that example is from the LotGJ REL when it first came out)
Lair of Mad Goblin - Why be sane?

ShadeX11

Member #116

Aug 15, 2003 10:12
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Quite confusing if you ask me. Oh well I'm sticking to my strategy.
Battling Dragons
Cheetarius

Member #10

Aug 30, 2003 12:21
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

It really is kinda stupid for folks to do that, ain't it, MG? Because, except for the good RPG's, most of the stronger enemies are easier to beat than the weak ones!
- Cheetarius, Saphire Leader
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 24, 2024 24:55 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022