Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 18, 2024 11:25 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: We got Tournaments

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
MintMan

Member #1

Aug 9, 2003 21:55
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Bad English aside, the tournaments are up. I just finished the final testing, and it was all good!

So, everybody to the limit and let's get this show on the road. Battling Dragons: DNA is now open for business... sorta. Only you forum people are in on it right now. If there is anyone else you would really like to see here, you can clue them in (since I have not made the invitation feature yet).

You will notice that level ranges are quite spacious, but fret not. Health and magic points are reduced to accomodate if a higher-level monster beats up a lower-level one as are the final rewards. This is all pretty basic right now, but more than functioning.

So git goin'! The more that join, the more experience everybody can get. I'm already signed up; are you? Of course not! You are just sitting here reading this. Why? I am not saying anything important; I am just babbling like a mad man, or, well, me.
writer77

Member #4

Aug 9, 2003 23:29
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I'm entered in the tournament now. By the way, Mintman, it took you long enough to finish this. I've been waitin' forever. The only people that will fight me anymore are the Hrimfaxi... and well, that ain't pretty for poor Zandrohydromana.

And, just wondering about this... wasn't Apostle at level 12 a few days ago? When did he jump up to level 18? Maybe I just read it wrong, but it's still kinda crazy.
Endless Horizon: http://www.angelfire.com/rpg/verdegym
  "It looks like I'm going to die as I have lived.... completely surrounded by morons!"
  -Bl. Mage
MadGoblin

Member #2

Aug 10, 2003 21:22
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Though I'm sure Ems will make a "more informative explanation" later, I'll give ya the jist o' it. The reason is latent XP.

Before, when expecting a battle, or even in one, all views you received went straight in the trash. Gone, lost, caput, out the butt shaft and into the pooper. Recently, however, he as installed a feature that safes these otherwise lost points by storing them until the battle or challenge notice is expired. Thusly, a giant ball of XP can be hurtled at some after a cancelation and rocket them up levels at a time (these people being only MM ).

So you don't ask, the reason that the XP was not given flat out before to the people during the battle or challenge was simple: If you challgened someone with 1 pt till a level up at a okay level (before hatching, for example) and they got that needed hit before they accepted, you wouldn't like having your first stage creature against a second stage, would you? Thought not. I know that's an extreme case, but, well, nuts to ya. It's why it is.
Lair of Mad Goblin - Why be sane?

ToddM

Member #88

Aug 11, 2003 6:46
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Great job, I've been waiting for this, I'm sighned up, hoping to get my familiar's level up. Now that that is compleated, I'm waiting for that specal surprise
Todd
Ash10

Member #3

Aug 11, 2003 10:55
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Man, i am the only one signed up for the GEEZER torunament right now. THe rest of you are signed up for that forum special, which I can't do cause my new creature isn't at that level....
NOVA Mod Team Leader

Gamers Bar and Grill Executive
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Aug 11, 2003 14:19
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Ok, I too am signed up. I signed up for both tournaments that were possible for me, but the 2nd was the one for level 10-13 critters. If Artimis levels up before then will she be disqualified from it? Will you disqualify me just for having such horrendous spelling? Hmmm...it probably won't matter anyways, because I'm the only one that signed up for that one so far...
~*SailorSassyStar*~
  VanillaFudge

Ash10

Member #3

Aug 11, 2003 20:57
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

You should post official news so that lots of people sign up, since like no one comes to the forums...
NOVA Mod Team Leader

Gamers Bar and Grill Executive
Cheetarius

Member #10

Aug 11, 2003 23:56
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

For some absurd reason, all of KeroMint's familiar's look incredibly smug on the BD index...

I'm in, Combo Special. Stupid Ash and his Basi are gonna thrash Pyrus.
- Cheetarius, Saphire Leader
MintMan

Member #1

Aug 12, 2003 1:40

Worry not about losing; all records of these battles will be deleted after they are over with. You will get to keep experience and points you receive as also with anyone who wins the tournaments, but if you lose, I shall take the amount of tournaments you have partaken in down to zero while maintaining points to boost future scores.
  Pretty much, these are going to be less risky tourneys than normal.

You're the only one in the Geezers? Where's Joe at? And Camo? I would not expect much beyond them, but that should still be a rather large experience-earning melee. I mean, only Thacarious and Rajin would be able to enter it besides you three, right?

SSS, you signed up for both. Ewww, I guess I did not make that one-tournament-at-a-specific time block yet. Both those tournaments take place on the same week; the Geezers' takes place well after any others, but the two thirteen-leveled familiars can enter are at the same time. Could you cancel one as to prevent internet explosions?

Took a long time? I only first notioned as to starting these things mid-July, and they have been done since that month's end. I have only been debugging it for the last week, which cannot really be helped since this is a timed script, thus forcing certain portions of testing to take place in real time (lousy Crontabs).

Oh yeah, methinks there is some stuff I forgot to answer. Yes, if your creature changes before the tournament and makes it no longer meeting the requirements, it will be unlisted.
  And I am not openning the tourneys to the entire public just yet since I am using this as a final test. If a lot of your accounts get really buggered, I do not want to have to fix a whole lot of accounts.

[Editted by MintMan on Aug 12, 2003 10:08]
Zedd

Member #76

Aug 12, 2003 5:15
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I probably should have known better than to join the lesser tourney, considering the amount of tatzels lying around... Dai-sho's gonna get creamed... oh well, if losses don't count, then I might as well try it...
- Zedd i Randir, Lord of the Storm
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Aug 12, 2003 14:13

Ok, well, I cancelled one, because seeing how I have nobody to battle I'm not about to get 100 xp by tommorrow I'd still be able to fight in the digit. Oh, I clued my sister in too if that's alright...if it's not it's almost to late to speak out...
~*SailorSassyStar*~
  VanillaFudge

Cheetarius

Member #10

Aug 13, 2003 6:29
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Evenfall? I thought she reads the forums too. She should be fine.

Yea, Kero, I know about the no-loss-count...I'm just expressing myself. If only wins count, you kind of want a lot of them, no? Man, if I was more active, I'd probably already be a drake...

C=LB. Mathematical formula meaning Cheetarius = Lazy Bum.
- Cheetarius, Saphire Leader
Blade

Member #99

Aug 14, 2003 3:18

What happens with the tourney does it just happen or can I see a battle screen ? I'm confused sum1 fill me in!
Blade Lord of the Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Aug 14, 2003 12:26

Apparently, Evenfall does not come around here as much as she used to. Too bad, 'cause she could have mopped up the tourney.

Okay, the first day of the tournament, nothing happens. Seems wierd, huh? Well, it sorta acts as a buffer zone to finalize who is in and who is not in the tournament. When I get the schedule-maker up, you will also be able to see who you are fghting and when (it doesn't really matter much right now).

Tonight, shortly after midnight, the tourney will start. The first match-ups will act and kill one another. Unless I change the current timing system, too, each battle should be long over by the time you wake up. I want to change it so about three or four actions will take place by eight. Only egg battles should last until dark.

I should try and get the tournament viewer up so that you guys can see your battle logs after being in the fight as well. So much to do. Bah! It will have to wait until tomorrow; I am busy now smoothing out the stat formula so that hatchlings no longer get that huge stat-boost against non-eggy creatures (which is sorta necessary for tourneys to run smoothly).
Zedd

Member #76

Aug 15, 2003 4:35
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

How do I tell if I won or lost my first match? It should have happened by now, shouldn't it?
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Aug 16, 2003 14:51
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Uh, MintMan? Are all the tournaments already begun and full, or why when I click choose a tournament it just shows me a table that lists the tournaments and then a button "select & join"???

...Oh well. If I missed the fun of the BD Tourneys, then c'est l'avi.
LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -------------------------
  Did you know that if you put all the economics teachers in the world you would still not come to a definite conclusion?
MintMan

Member #1

Aug 16, 2003 21:40

Yeah, you missed all of the first, demo tourneys. There will always be more in the future. You did not miss much, tho'. It was all pretty buggered.

Sorry I did not respond for so long, Zedd, but with blackouts and whatnot, I have really been tied up.

Okay, I have added some new features. Now upon log-in, you can see your most recent battle. I also have pages up for each tournament that gives the schedule and results as well as every battle log. The experience earned from each tournament will also be revealed once they finish.
writer77

Member #4

Aug 16, 2003 23:23

Man.... these tournaments are cool. I'm mostly just saying that because I've gone undefeated. Through dumb luck, mostly, but still. The final battle in the tournament for me is me vs. Mintman. I don't think I stand much of a chance, but if the "level disadvantage buffer" thing does too much, I might be able to pull of the victory. Speaking of that, Mintman, you never said how that level disadvantage function worked. You did say that there was something to take into account which familiars have lower levels, and ranking them accordingly, right?
Endless Horizon: http://www.angelfire.com/rpg/verdegym
  "It looks like I'm going to die as I have lived.... completely surrounded by morons!"
  -Bl. Mage
Lugia7777

Member #79

Aug 17, 2003 24:44
Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I agree. So far, though, I have a win/loss record of 1-1. Not too bad. Actually, I was surprised that SailorSassyStar lost twice(?)! Oh well, those are the setbacks that everyone has to experience before getting better. Keep up the tourneys, MintMan! BTW, when is the next batch of tourneys going to start? Just wondering, since I love the fact that battles take place in about a day! You should give more rewards in addition to XP in future tourneys, however, so that it would be incentive for everyone to participate in tourneys. One more thing... you should try to make a huge tourney about 32 people big and make it in Swiss format, with one round each day. Imagine the possibilities! Later!

EDIT: I have a suggestion: Allow team battles to be made in certain tourneys. What I mean is that people can form teams of up to five that battle one-on-one with members of other teams, sorta like a league or something like that. In addition, make the rewards extremely high in team battles, such as instant one level gain or an item that can be used to double XP earned after a battle; of course, everyone in the winning team should get the same rewards.

[Editted by Lugia7777 on Aug 17, 2003 24:50]
Zedd

Member #76

Aug 17, 2003 2:31

Err... what's with this:

Dai-Sho attacks Aegistar. Aegistar is brutally damaged by the spell

that's directly from the battle log. It said something like that twice.
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
Apr 18, 2024 11:25 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022