Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Mar 29, 2024 10:20 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: Shock! Hydra

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
MintMan

Member #1

Jul 29, 2003 23:51
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hey everybody, the Hydra is at long-last done. I do not quite know about the quality of pictures; it was made under some pretty rough circumstances

Egg
   Swamp Gas: Poisoning spell, 20 Power
   Repair: Healing spell, 20 Power

Hatchling
   Multistrike: Serpentine Attack, 30 Power
   Regrow: Healing spell, 20 Power; Raises Strike by 10%
   Venom Mist: Poison Magic Attack, 20 Power; Poisoning spell, 10 Power

Lernaean
   Nine Strike: Serpentine Attack, 45 Power
   Double Back: Healing spell, 20 Power; Raises Strike by 20%
   Noxious Breath: Poison Magic Attack, 35 Power; Poisoning spell, 10 Power

And that is all there is to it. Next up will probably be Hrimfaxi. My hands hurt something awful with all the drawing I have done this summer, so it might be a while (or at least take stretched time to complete).

Previous forum familiars
  Monoceros / Kamaitachi
  Basilisk
  Tatzelwurm
  Jabberwock / Cwn Annwn
  Nidhogg
  Garm

[Editted by MintMan on Jul 30, 2003 4:52]
draggy1234

Member #97

Jul 30, 2003 17:06
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

So far this is the only one I know who can heal itself. Hope that there's an option where you can heal when you get down to a certain hp.
Ash10

Member #3

Jul 30, 2003 20:52
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Jul 30, 2003 4:52, MintMan said:

Hey everybody, the Hydra is at long-last done. I do not quite know about the quality of pictures; it was made under some pretty rough circumstances

Quality of the pictures? Damn it, that is like 1000 times better then anything I can draw, or for the most case, anyone that visits this stie. So, don't see why you say the pictures aren't quality...

NOVA Mod Team Leader

Gamers Bar and Grill Executive
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Jul 30, 2003 21:09
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

....Excellent. I have nothing to say...except, of course, the fact that the quicker I finally understand PHP/MySQL, the quicker FoxMcBlur will reach Level 25 so I can finally adopt a second familiar.
LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -------------------------
  Did you know that if you put all the economics teachers in the world you would still not come to a definite conclusion?
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jul 30, 2003 23:09
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Since I generally cast a more stern eye on these sorts of things (and with no right to! ), I can honestly say that some of the pictures, while awesome, could have turned out better. You can just see the jaggedness of some of them and it makes you just say, "Hey, man. Hey. Man, hey! ... man."
  But, as formentioned, when you've made the KI (twice) with such ugly progression, it really gives me little room to talk. Therefore, I shall need a shrinking machine, thus being able to move my lips in any condition!
Lair of Mad Goblin - Why be sane?

MintMan

Member #1

Jul 31, 2003 24:15

SQL, eh? How will that exactly help Foxxy?

What will really help out your level (and those of everyone else in BD-dom) are tournaments, which I am proud to say are progressing so nicely.
  Losses are not tracked; only wins. So, it is to your advantage to fight a ton in these things. Also, there is no confirmation needed; once someone signs up, they are stuck in it unless they deliberately oust themselves.

What's also pretty cool is that you can even use inactive familiars, so those in fear of drop-out of creatures toward the higher levels will need to fret not.

But yeah, Hydra is the only one that can heal itself. I am pretty sure there is an option Heal Until Half Health or Full Health. They are not exactly triggered commands, however, which kinda sucks. I guess you can normally just assume so far into a battle, damage builds up.
  Sucks for Hydra, tho', since healing is based on Virtue, which it really lacks. The best thing about it is that not only does it recover life, but it also (usually) gains Strike, which it already has quite a bit of, meaning some mad Criticals in the works.
draggy1234

Member #97

Jul 31, 2003 14:04

Are xp gains going to be a lot bigger in the tournaments, or just about the same? I'm wondering how tournaments would help to level up.
Cheetarius

Member #10

Jul 31, 2003 18:13
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

It's just regular fights in a tournament setting, right? Just no losses counted. XP would prolly be the same as regular battles outside tournies.
- Cheetarius, Saphire Leader
MintMan

Member #1

Aug 1, 2003 24:28

Um, actually....
  Tournaments are several battles that each are forced to take place in one day; if you earned full experience for each fight, no one would ever Web Battle again.

Rather, you earn about 40% of what you normally earn per battle. A tournament cannot exist unless each player has at least two opponents, so the percent is already bumped up to 80%. If you are fighting, say, a large, ten person tourney, you will get 360% the experience of just one Web Battle! It takes nine days, sure, but I would like to see someone normally fight three people in that time. You can also fight in a tournament while in a normal battle.
  This also does not take into consideration that certain tournaments have awards of an XP bundle to the highest ranking player.

Each tourney also awards Points instead of wins or losses, and that is how all tournament fighters are ranked; level has nothing to do with it.
Camo

Member #5

Aug 1, 2003 6:00
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Tournements sound sexual.
  This new monster looks quite sexual.
  Someone vs my monster so I can get my XP up and hydrafy!
Frenzal Rhomb - The greatest band ever
THE SHINY THINGS - My webby, come join the forum, its not incredibly absene or nothing, no way!
Ash10

Member #3

Aug 1, 2003 9:07

Camo, I will fight you... Only 3 levels ahead of you. Course, it would stupid since we both have Basilisks.

Also, MintMan, is there going to be a level limit on the tourneys? Other wise, I will bring in my level 22 guy to fight
NOVA Mod Team Leader

MintMan

Member #1

Aug 1, 2003 10:16

Oh, yeah, each individual tournament has level restrictions on it.
  It does not matter much, however, since at the beginning of each match-up, stats are sort of equilibriated as to not allow the higher-leveled individual to sweep too badly. Typically, tournaments have a range of five-levels, but this number is smaller at the beginning (where there are more creatures; I could have a level one tournament and fill it up with twenty people with no problem).

Want a Hydra next, eh? It is sorta like Basilisk, Sr., from what I can tell so far. The main thing that seperates it from Bassy when you first adopt it is that it can actually defeat other Basilisks (its poisoning spell is Water elemental rather than actually Poison, so it effects Bassy normally while it tries to fight Poison with Poison). King of Serpents that, boyo!

What about you, Ash? You are closer to the goal than Camo here. Anythin' you're eyeballin'?
Ash10

Member #3

Aug 2, 2003 9:02

Looking at the Garm, cause.... It looks cool

Course, I got a little more levels. Also, does that level 25 system still allow me to adopt when i get to level 22 since I would be close? Like I did with to get my Bassy, since I had level 22 Nidhogg.
NOVA Mod Team Leader

MintMan

Member #1

Aug 2, 2003 11:51

No, but I am looking for tournaments to have a thing you can buy that let's your needed level to adopt a new creature drop. It will probably be in increments of 4, 3, 2, and then 1 would be the lowest -- that gives you a maximum of ten levels lower than normal! You can have a new creature at level 15, but that would take some mad winnings....
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Aug 4, 2003 20:04
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Aug 1, 2003 12:28, MintMan said:

Rather, you earn about 40% of what you normally earn per battle. A tournament cannot exist unless each player has at least two opponents, so the percent is already bumped up to 80%. If you are fighting, say, a large, ten person tourney, you will get 360% the experience of just one Web Battle! It takes nine days, sure, but I would like to see someone normally fight three people in that time. You can also fight in a tournament while in a normal battle.

360%? That's only if you make it all the way to the top though, right?
  Anyway, congrats on another creature well done. I think I still like the older critters better though...most all of the newer creatures have been...slimier, scalier, and just plain more gruesome. I'm not saying that that I'm into pretti pink little butterflies or anything, but the creatures have been becoming more, well, monsterous.
~*SailorSassyStar*~
  VanillaFudge

Lugia7777

Member #79

Aug 5, 2003 12:30
Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

What format will the tournament be in? Is it going to be single-elimination or double-elimination? Or is it going to be in Swiss format? Just wondering, because double-elimination and Swiss take a hell lot of time to finish and require mad dedication by the players.

Hmmm... now that you are going to introduce it, I'm so going to be in it! Please finish it soon, MintMan!
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Aug 5, 2003 16:44
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Uh, MintMan? Honestly, if you were any slower, you'd be going back in time!

PHP/MySQL will help me because no more of those pathetic HTTP forms. SMFC is finally going to be more like, take Game Test, you pass you get a Mario, you fail we send you a pizza from Arnold's Pizza Shop (JK, you are just blocked from taking that test for 60 days just like SMFC Compact prescribes).

So basically, I have no more e-mail forms to read. Then I can finally begin working on my good half-Java half-Flash new Mushroom City, which, as I said before, is going to be my Christmas present to all RE League players.

B.D. Tournaments?...Interesting, interesting indeed. Seems as though I'll finally have a chance to boost my ranking in BD again.

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  ----------------
  Vat? Zee Chef Torte has left to Gringotts to eemprove his Eenglish!? *notices Camo in a Foster's beer ad* vait a minut...vait a minut...zet is not right...zee cake is alive! Run!
MintMan

Member #1

Aug 6, 2003 24:11

Slow? Honestly, I do not see how PHP has anything to do with that. Everything that has been slowing me down is either infection or my own stupidity for uploading a file that was not properly formatted. Hah!

Format? Depends on the tournament. Eliminations can exist, but mostly, they are round robin, which gives every player a chance to fight against every other player. More experience to you!
Ash10

Member #3

Aug 6, 2003 9:00

Hurry up and get the tournaments done already! I want to play!
NOVA Mod Team Leader

Lugia7777

Member #79

Aug 6, 2003 22:03
Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Oh, I see. Forgot that battles take place in the course of one day. Don't you remember how the SMPT went, eh? It took a VERY long time to play out. BTW, didn't you play in that tourney, MintMan? I only caught the last glimpse of it.
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
Mar 29, 2024 10:20 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022