Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 24, 2024 7:43 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: Poison battles

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Camo

Member #5

Jul 12, 2003 4:08
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well this has got me, I had a battle with my hier level Bassy against a weaker Bassy, now I thought to myself theres no point poisoning a poison type, but I got poisond and recieved a true cunting.

I just think that dont make sense, but ah well.
Frenzal Rhomb - The greatest band ever
THE SHINY THINGS - My webby, come join the forum, its not incredibly absene or nothing, no way!
MintMan

Member #1

Jul 12, 2003 16:59
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well, sure a poisonous creature can get poisoned. A snake is not immune to its own venom; it has to keep it in seperate sacks, not in its blood.

Typically, however, there would be little point in trying to poison a foe Basilisk since a Poison spell would have only a small chance of effecting a Poisonous creature, but apparently he got it, and it sucks hard! The level also does not matter since the damage caused by poison is based on the infected creature's level, not the caster's -- the chance, yes, but not the damage. Sort of a great evener, no?

My suggestion: stick to Nidhogg eggs. Sure, you could prolly take on a lot of other things, but why when it can be so easy?

EDIT: Dude! That foe of yours had some dumb-luck! I mean, he kept using Thorn even after your were poisoned, which is dumb, and you missed him like three times (although the critical evens one of those out), which is very lucky. Granted, Basilisks have high Agility and low Strike, but the person was nonetheless an imbecile. I mean, why would he want to use Thorn so much anyway? The option for Until Poisoned is right there! C'mon!

[Editted by MintMan on Jul 12, 2003 22:03]
draggy1234

Member #97

Jul 13, 2003 17:28
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

That's going to be very embarrassing if the public were informed about it. Being defeated by poison only, along with three misses must be a once-in-a-lifetime match.

BTW, does poison and confusion last for the whole battle? Or just for a period of time?
MintMan

Member #1

Jul 13, 2003 23:16
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Technically, every status alteration -- be it Poison, Confusion, or a modification to Defense, Strength, or Speed -- is temporal. However, battles rarely last long enough for any of these to wear out.
  The length of time a condition stays depends on the caster's Arcane.

I think I have seen a status condition disappear once in my viewing of battle logs. It was a fight between two Nidhogg Eggs. One of the Shells a combatant had cast at the beginning of the match wore away somewhere toward the end after a fifty-or-so line-long battle log.
draggy1234

Member #97

Jul 14, 2003 16:33
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

About Nidhogg eggs, are they really bad? I mean, I've only won 5 battles out of about 23 and it's getting frustrating trying to level up through losses.
MintMan

Member #1

Jul 15, 2003 1:15

Eggs are not bad; your technique is. I mean, how long did you sit in that last battle casting Shell? Attack the freakin' enemy! Defending won't do you any good if you are practically dead by the time you finally strike a blow.

If you are fighting a Tatzelwurm, cast Shell once, maybe twice, at the beginning of battle. Status modifications are only useful when used close to the beginning so that they can stay in effect for longer.

What you really need to do is focus on the right sort of enemies. Your best bet would be Garms, but there are not many of those. Still try. Next up would probably be Tatzelwurms. Avoid any sort of magical attacker (like Hrimfaxi and Cwn) since your Virtue is so very low -- Defense is your advantage.
draggy1234

Member #97

Jul 15, 2003 15:34

Thanks, hopefully that helps. I thought that since my strength is so low, I would play a battle of attrition. Guess I was wrong.
MintMan

Member #1

Jul 16, 2003 24:33

Well, that sorta is what you have to do, but the enemy is not going to kill itself. I mean, if it is pommeling you and you are defending, the foe is not just going to keel over after a while.

You have the ability to last through the attacks. You just have to make sure your enemy dies at some point before you do.
draggy1234

Member #97

Jul 16, 2003 21:42

Boy, can't wait to get another skill/spell like others already have. That would probably help.
Camo

Member #5

Jul 17, 2003 18:18
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

So Minty, is it kill or KO? Cause if its kill, damn those little beggas have a few lives.
Frenzal Rhomb - The greatest band ever
THE SHINY THINGS - My webby, come join the forum, its not incredibly absene or nothing, no way!
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Jul 29, 2003 2:37
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Ahem Camo? Please realize that you cannot summon lightning over the seas to kill everyone and everything that you would like. If you is not like it, you can call it to either the eternal duelist's soul (Battling Dragons) or to good talk with excellent reason.

Am I sounding like stupid Gandalf again? Sorry. I'll remind myself, no matter that my tea leaves keep spelling die Ron die, I cannot, therefore will not do so. (the War of the Magi? what in the hell?)
LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -------------------------
  Did you know that if you put all the economics teachers in the world you would still not come to a definite conclusion?
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 24, 2024 7:43 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022