Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 19, 2024 19:42 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: Dragons...

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Zedd

Member #76

Jul 3, 2003 22:28
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Does anyone know of any dragons connected with either light, frost/ice, wind or lightning?
  I've been looking (only part-time, though) for a while, and I can't find much on any of them.
  I know it's not really BD-related, but this is probably the best place for it...
- Zedd i Randir, Lord of the Storm
MintMan

Member #1

Jul 4, 2003 2:08
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

There is an Icelandic dragon that breaths frost rather than fire. I shall have to dig out my old Wyvern cards...

As for lightning, you are probably better off looking for storm-connections, which are more or less the same thing. I am sure the Oriental myths are ripe with them.
  If your are looking for a Western example, however, your search becomes much more difficult.

I'll report back with my Wyvern-card findings on the morrow.

Okay, I am back with some findings:
  There is an Indian (or Hindu, prolly) Divine Naga that creates clouds and rain, but that does not exactly fit with lightning.
  Pakawjak is the Arctic dragon that has a breath of frost... I cannot find anything about Iceland on its card, however; that may have been a seperate dragon I was thinking of.
  Aphosis is an Egyptian dragon of darkness, lightning, and whirlwinds.

[Editted by MintMan on Jul 4, 2003 17:05]
Zedd

Member #76

Jul 4, 2003 21:51
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Thanks, MM. I will look them up and see what I can find. Erm... What is a wyvern card?
MintMan

Member #1

Jul 5, 2003 24:14
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Wyvern was a card game that existed before card games were popular (well, nerd-popular at least). We are talking about the days before Magic: The Gathering here.
  I thought it was a pretty cool card game. All it was about is dragons. You had dragons, you fought for treasure, you used the occasional action or slayer card.
  Unfortunately, it died out as most card games do without obtaining much popularity.
Zedd

Member #76

Jul 14, 2003 5:26

Right... Sorry to waste your time, but does the card for Pakawjak say anything else on it? I have looked it up, and the best I can find is basically what you told me...
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jul 14, 2003 6:26

Believe me when I say this (MM will vouch for this, too), but when using the internet to find information on obsure creatures, the ONLY thing you can find is the same exact description copy and pasted multiple times. Very rarely do you find someone who digs up actual fact about an uncommon creature that wasn't just taken from Encyclopedia Mythica.

So, like, since that ice dragon was found in Wyvern, pretty much every description of it will be the exact one from the card game. Now if you were to find a book (or site, maybe) on Icelandic myth (i think that's where it hails from, right?), your chances would still probably be slim.

But really, a lot of monsters (at least for/coming to BD) are like that. Nidhogg was based on a couple of sentances, and Hrimfaxi wasn't much more.

Of course, there are always exceptions, but exceptions are always so very scarce.

Was this post helpful? I sure doubt it. Now, I must return to beating my head senselessly as I, again, try to find out about Odontotyrannus, Raicho, Yllerion, and Bmola. * readies noose *
Lair of Mad Goblin - Why be sane?

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 19, 2024 19:42 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022