Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 25, 2024 24:51 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: Question

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Dark_Moon_Revenge

Member #62

Jun 26, 2003 16:25
Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

What's the difference between a Dragoon, a Beast Tamer, a Summoner, a ranger, a druid, and a sheperd? Also, what's a dragoon?

MadGoblin

Member #2

Jun 26, 2003 20:24
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Click here for info on what they is!

Gistly, it's your character's spells and stat appointment for use in the RPG and what they will look like.

And a Dragoon is a mounted knight, i.e. a horseman.
Lair of Mad Goblin - Why be sane?

MintMan

Member #1

Jun 27, 2003 24:37
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yeah, "dragoon" is just another way to say "knight on a horse," but a li'l shorter

I dunno if any of the info on that page has been out-dated, so I shall give it the go-over real quick.

Originally, there were only three classes:

Dragoons are entirely average. You can mold them into whatever you want with boosts and armory. Their starting scroll is Heal.

Beast Tamers are the warriors. They have high strength and defense but lack magically. Their starting scroll is Forceful Blow, the only physical spell among them.

Summoners (which is just an old-time name for magicians -- it does not in any way relate to summoning monsters or what FF would have you believe) have the best offensive magic in the game, but lack elsewhere. Their starting scroll is MagiBlast, which is just a magical attack.

Three more classes were added later to the game for some reason -- most likely because the originals did not cover enough territory.

Rangers are a sort of jack-of-all-trades. They are close combat experts and not too shabby with magic, but their defense is quite pathetic. Their starting scroll is Vines, which lowers enemy speed.

Druids are the priests/clerics of the game. They have the highest Virtue of any class, thus making them good for supplemental spells. Their Arcane is not half bad, either. They start with the MoonLight scroll, which increases four categories by five percent each.

Shepherds, before Christian ideaology of the Good Shepherd, were thieves and scoundrals. They possess the most Speed and Agility of any class. They can, however, be molded quite easily into mages or fighters with nothing more than choice of equipment. Their starting scroll is Tend, which cures status ailments.

I never really posted anything on these classes since they are subject to so much change as I develop the RPG. Each class will eventually have its own image; right now, it is simply divided by gender. (Do not expect seperate images until after the first RPG storyline -- the characters in that always use the images I have already made regardless of class)
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Jun 28, 2003 10:44
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hey MintMan...
  There's absolutely no way that I can change my BD class? I mean, I want my RPG image to reflect myself as in the real world. And I'm more the Summoner-type than the Beast Tamer-type, really.

The RPG should have some sort of magical area for each class that, at a cost of lots of gold and EXP, changes your class. That's not that difficult to make, is it? I mean, for you...
LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -------------------------
  Did you know that if you put all the economics teachers in the world you would still not come to a definite conclusion?
MintMan

Member #1

Jun 29, 2003 24:26

Actually, there is a way to change your class: asking!
  It would not change your pic, tho'. Everyone uses the Beast Tamer until the next RPG storyline, so you have quite a while. Even then, the male Summoner is one of the last pics I have slated.
  Yeah, there was a whole fiasco a while back with class changing when I added the three new classes. I figured that any old people should be allowed to change. Well, any at the forum I give you guys all the advantages.

There will also be special class areas, although not as you are saying. I want to make guilds since the BD RPG is so very MUD-like. I am also considering making a temple where you can perform MUD-like sacrificing of junk items (since there is no sell feature). In MUDs, sacrificing an item usually gives you a gold piece; I could think up something for you to get from it. Maybe I would make it temple dependent (MUDs do not use temples like that; sacrificing is simply a command, but I would think I could make things harder on you ).

So what was I talking about? Oh yeah -- classes. Did I mention that each class also gets a unique skill? I am also kicking around the idea of each of them learning a spell only their class can get, like Dragoons would learn Lancer, an Equine spell, Beast Tamers getting a Bestial attack, or Summoners getting a Draconic spell. Those would be especially useful since scrolls usually do not have phenotypes associated with them.

Oh yeah, on the subject of class changing, I have been kicking around an idea for it, but not to become one of the six standard classes. I was considering allowing characters to change into an entire array of bog-standard RPG classes. The whole picture thing would be a problem, tho'; I would most likely have to reuse...
  ...Just an idea, tho'....
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Jun 29, 2003 11:23
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

So, will you change my class to Male Summoner? Thx. I don't care for the pic, really.

(Sorry, I don't play BDRPG that much. I'll get around to it when there will be actual puzzles...I mean, I get bored quickly walking around trying to kill and get some stupid 1 or 2 exp).
LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -------------------------
  Did you know that if you put all the economics teachers in the world you would still not come to a definite conclusion?
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 25, 2024 24:51 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022